Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Visa on hold

Unhappy Visa on hold

Because of this .. Partner with no children – £18,600.  1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.  2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.  3 children in addition to the partner – £27,200. .. We already knew just now... The reason why my visa on hold... I have 2 children.. I passed their birth certificates too. I thought its only £18,600..

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum Kris, sorry to see your Visa is on hold.

If your application is refused would it be possible to re apply without the children and, when you have settled in the UK with a job, your financial position will be better and you could then deal with Visas for your children.

Just my thought!

Hello Michael Parnham... Thank u for welcoming me.. My fiance's income is £30,000 a year. Before we apply our visa, on his P60 from April 2012 to January 2013, his total earnings are about £22,000 only because that time he request a career break..this £22,000 is only 9 months instead of £30,000 a year. They requested us to provide evidences. His employment in Education as a teacher, his employment letter, and bank statement which we already provided. I hope this is enough.

Worry po ako.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristh1801 View Post
    Because of this .. Partner with no children – £18,600.  1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.  2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.  3 children in addition to the partner – £27,200. .. We already knew just now... The reason why my visa on hold... I have 2 children.. I passed their birth certificates too. I thought its only £18,600..
    Here's the extract from Annex FM Section FM 1.7: Financial Requirement:-

2.3. The level of the financial requirement to be met in cases involving dependent children varies and is determined by the
    number of children who already have leave, or are applying for leave, at the date of application.

2.4. An additional gross annual income of £3,800 is required for the first child sponsored in addition to the Partner and an
    additional £2,400 for each further child. The level of the financial requirement will therefore be for example:

- Partner with no children – £18,600.
    - 1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.
    - 2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.
    - 3 children in addition to the partner – £27,200.

2.8. The financial requirement does not apply to a child who:
    - Is a British citizen (including an adopted child who acquires British citizenship);
    I think you'll find that the current Financial Requirement 'on-hold' period will come to an end within a few days when all those applications will be formally refused.

Sadly you'll need to make a fresh application just as soon as your key documents have been returned.
    Be sure the key financial docs for payslips/bank statements etc are updated to be less than 28 days old at the time of your next application

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You should be ok with the salary stated, good luck Kris!

Hello again! Is anybody here who can give me immigration lawyer? I received my passport with no visa yesterday and they gave me 28 days to appeal .. Please help me. Thank you

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I think you have to make a fresh application like sir Peter said. The main reason why they refused giving you a visa is because of your financial statement as you mentioned.

I think making an appeal is useless since we know what went wrong with the application and the grounds that they used to refuse the application were very valid.

It might be another set of fees etc., but that's how it is. I'm sorry.

Hello Michael Parnham... Thank u for welcoming me.. My fiance's income is £30,000 a year. Before we apply our visa, on his P60 from April 2012 to January 2013, his total earnings are about £22,000 only because that time he request a career break..this £22,000 is only 9 months instead of £30,000 a year. They requested us to provide evidences. His employment in Education as a teacher, his employment letter, and bank statement which we already provided. I hope this is enough.

Hello again! Is anybody here who can give me immigration lawyer? I received my passport with no visa yesterday and they gave me 28 days to appeal .. Please help me. Thank you
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/h...come-threshold

I don't think you need an Immigration lawyer. Your fiance can appeal in writing explaining and giving them the evidences they ask and need which is highlighted above but make sure everything is up to date.

And Don't forget to fill in Appendix 2.

And if I may ask how old are your two children who will come and join you?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thread Information