Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR (M) Approved. (My premium service experience)

I am very thankful to say that my FLR (M) was approved last Wednesday 16th of July. We've booked my appointment at Cardiff Home Office. I will enumerate the details of my experience hoping that it will help the other members who's going to apply for FLR soon.

Documents I provided:
    Me and my husband's birth certificate
    Both our passports
    Husband's banks statements for the last 6 months
    Husband's payslip for the last 6 months
    Husband's P60 form
    Mortgage statement
    Wedding certificate
    Wedding photos
    my husband's divorce decree from previous marriage
    Four proof of address for me; letters from my GP, Boots and Tesco Clubcard and Council Tax

My appointment was at 12 noon but we arrived there two hours earlier. So we had food first and one hour before the appointment we drove around the home office area to look for a parking spot. Lol We werent sure if there's anywhere we could park there, but anyway, there's pay parking all around the building so it was good. We entered the home office at exactly 11:30. The moment we got in, the security asked for the confirmation email that we printed after we paid for the appointment. And then they called someone and asked if we could go inside since it wasnt 12 yet. They said we had 5% chance that they would let us in. Luckily, there wasnt much application being processed that day so we were immediately brought upstairs after security checks.
    A nice lady booked as in, asked for my name and the type of Visa I'm applying for, gave me a number and then told us to wait in the waiting area.
    About ten minutes later, I was called to one of the counters. This is where you give all the documents you've gathered for the application. Not much question was asked. The immigration officer quickly went through my papers, he made sure we met the financial requirements and asked if there was any other documents I'd like to give. He then explained to us that the consideration takes about two hours and that my number will be called shortly again for my biometrics.

Fifteen minutes later, my number has been called to the biometric room. In the biometric room, a friendly man asked me to answer three questions on a paper. Just simple questions about when and where I last had my biometrics taken and then he had my photo and finger print taken. He then sent me back to the waiting area. So we waited, nervously. lol It didnt take them two hours to consider at all because at around 1 pm, immigration officer from the biometric's room called me back to a different counter and told me that my visa was granted. He only gave me two pieces of paper stating the condition of FLR(m) visa. And then he informed me that my biometric card should be sent to me by courier within 7 working days.

And that's it, few minutes later, we were back driving back)home.
    They are all very friendly and needless to say I am very happy of the result.
    I want to thank everyone here in the forum for all the help and information they provided for my application. You guys really are the best!
    Cheers!

Well done!
    Congratulations

Banned
    Well done

Congratulations

Thanks everyone!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Wow. that was so simple, looks like premium service is simpler than the post!

I will be applying my FLR in a few months so I have some questions for you.

Are those proofs of address are just proof of it and not really utility bills stuff?

Didn't you submit your English Test Certificate?

How much did you pay exactly?

How about your husband's proof of address?

Are those proofs of address in your married name?

From your booking online, how many days before you submitted the documents?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda View Post
    I am very thankful to say that my FLR (M) was approved last Wednesday 16th of July. We've booked my appointment at Cardiff Home Office. I will enumerate the details of my experience hoping that it will help the other members who's going to apply for FLR soon.

Documents I provided:
    Me and my husband's birth certificate
    Both our passports
    Husband's banks statements for the last 6 months
    Husband's payslip for the last 6 months
    Husband's P60 form
    Mortgage statement
    Wedding certificate
    Wedding photos
    my husband's divorce decree from previous marriage
    Four proof of address for me; letters from my GP, Boots and Tesco Clubcard and Council Tax

My appointment was at 12 noon but we arrived there two hours earlier. So we had food first and one hour before the appointment we drove around the home office area to look for a parking spot. Lol We werent sure if there's anywhere we could park there, but anyway, there's pay parking all around the building so it was good. We entered the home office at exactly 11:30. The moment we got in, the security asked for the confirmation email that we printed after we paid for the appointment. And then they called someone and asked if we could go inside since it wasnt 12 yet. They said we had 5% chance that they would let us in. Luckily, there wasnt much application being processed that day so we were immediately brought upstairs after security checks.
    A nice lady booked as in, asked for my name and the type of Visa I'm applying for, gave me a number and then told us to wait in the waiting area.
    About ten minutes later, I was called to one of the counters. This is where you give all the documents you've gathered for the application. Not much question was asked. The immigration officer quickly went through my papers, he made sure we met the financial requirements and asked if there was any other documents I'd like to give. He then explained to us that the consideration takes about two hours and that my number will be called shortly again for my biometrics.

Fifteen minutes later, my number has been called to the biometric room. In the biometric room, a friendly man asked me to answer three questions on a paper. Just simple questions about when and where I last had my biometrics taken and then he had my photo and finger print taken. He then sent me back to the waiting area. So we waited, nervously. lol It didnt take them two hours to consider at all because at around 1 pm, immigration officer from the biometric's room called me back to a different counter and told me that my visa was granted. He only gave me two pieces of paper stating the condition of FLR(m) visa. And then he informed me that my biometric card should be sent to me by courier within 7 working days.

And that's it, few minutes later, we were back driving back)home.
    They are all very friendly and needless to say I am very happy of the result.
    I want to thank everyone here in the forum for all the help and information they provided for my application. You guys really are the best!
    Cheers!
    Yay! Congratulations!

I might get back to you in a few months time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Wow. that was so simple, looks like premium service is simpler than the post!

i will be applying my flr in few months so i have some questions for you.

are those proof of address are just proof of it and not really utility bills stuff?
    didnt you submit your english test certificate?
    how much did you pay exactly?
    how about your husband's proof of address?
    are those proof of address are in your married name?
    from your booking online, how many days before you submit the documents?

thank you
    Update: I just recieved my Biometric card today. Took them only 3 days! Very happy now

As to your questions..
    1. none of them is a utility bill really... I guess its just to prove that I am really staying with my husband. Its not really required but I submitted some anyway cos its what others did. I just wanted to be in the safe side.
    2. And sorry, yes, I did submit my english test certificate, although upon checking, if you've taken IELTS, it should appear in their system. But again, just to be on the safe side, bring it with you if you have it.
    3. We paid 1001 pounds exactly, thats when you book your appointment online. And that's it.
    4. No, we didnt submit my husband's proof of address, that's not required.
    5. Some of those proff of addresses are in my married name and others are in my maiden. It doesnt matter as long as you have your marriage certificate and passport.
    6. When you book online, you will get to choose a day and time when you're gonna go to the home office, its completely up to you really. I dont think many are applying cos when we booked there were loads of slots available.
    Hope that helps. Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Yay! Congratulations!

I might get back to you in a few months time
    Sure! And thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda View Post
    Update: I just recieved my Biometric card today. Took them only 3 days! Very happy now

As to your questions..
    1. none of them is a utility bill really... I guess its just to prove that I am really staying with my husband. Its not really required but I submitted some anyway cos its what others did. I just wanted to be in the safe side.
    2. And sorry, yes, I did submit my english test certificate, although upon checking, if you've taken IELTS, it should appear in their system. But again, just to be on the safe side, bring it with you if you have it.
    3. We paid 1001 pounds exactly, thats when you book your appointment online. And that's it.
    4. No, we didnt submit my husband's proof of address, that's not required.
    5. Some of those proff of addresses are in my married name and others are in my maiden. It doesnt matter as long as you have your marriage certificate and passport.
    6. When you book online, you will get to choose a day and time when you're gonna go to the home office, its completely up to you really. I dont think many are applying cos when we booked there were loads of slots available.
    Hope that helps. Best regards!
    Oh by the way, have u still been using the visa4uk website in applying or booking an appointment for FLR?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Oh by the way, have u still been using the visa4uk website in applying or booking an appointment for FLR?
    You should use the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration - gov.uk) for you FLR application and appointment booking

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    You should use the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration - gov.uk) for you FLR application and appointment booking
    Thanks Rani

Congratulations Mariafeda,

That information is very useful.

Got my FLR(M) visa today. Basically, the experienced was the same as Mariafeda. Took us 3.5 hours for everything. Including 1.5 hours lunch break while waiting for the result.

Thanks for all the help guys

... Congratulations to BOTH Maria & Rani ... and good luck to all other ladies here who are shortly applying for their FLR(M) and/or ILR.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... Congratulations to BOTH Maria & Rani ... and good luck to all other ladies here who are shortly applying for their FLR(M) and/or ILR.
    Only just seen this Arthur and I would like to second what you say, thank you!

Got my FLR(M) visa today. Basically, the experienced was the same as Mariafeda. Took us 3.5 hours for everything. Including 1.5 hours lunch break while waiting for the result.

Thanks for all the help guys
    Good news and nice job

Congratulations

Yey! Congratulations!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Congratulations Miss Rani!!! I might iMessage you one day because my fiance is thinking of applying via premium service

Thread Information