Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Malaysian Airliner downed by Missile

BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian passenger plane carrying 295 people 'shot down' over Ukraine near Russian border

Malaysian Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukrainian/ Russian border
    The jet had 295 passengers on board and was travelling at 33,000 feet

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz37k576E5o

Dreadful

I'd have thought the airlines wouldn't be overflying dodgy places like that

Terrible news....

I actually was dealing with this flight at work last night!

Trusted Member
    Shocking !

I've been glued to the BBC news channel since the news broke.

May all those poor victims rest in peace.

Terrible news, feel so sorry for the passengers and their families I hope my flight from Amsterdam next weekend stays well clear of that area.

My heart sunk when I saw it on T.V.

Absolutely tragic and oh so close to home....Mostly all Airlines use that route when going to-coming from South. Will someone pay for this?

Probably not!!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    A Schipol Airport official said during a press conference that there were 154 Dutch, 27 Australian, 23 Malaysian, 11 Indonesian, 6 United Kingdom, 4 Germany, 4 Belgium, 3 Philippines, and 1 Canadian residents on board. 47 passengers nationalities are known. There were reportedly 23 Americans on board.
    Among the 295 dead are 80 kids.

Read more: http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/8052...lotte-van-der/

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Terrible news, Malaysian Airlines have had a really rough time this year and a normally excellent Airline!

Sad indeed.

how on earth can such an act be justified, surely they would have recognised it was a passenger plane

I've flown over that area, think it was with Malaysia airlines so it's a common route.

I don't know why, I really don't but I feel it personally when things happen to people travelling. Maybe it's because I've also travelled so much. I've just felt broken seeing on the news seconds ago pictures of bags and personal effects

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    how on earth can such an act be justified, surely they would have recognised it was a passenger plane
    Wherever these "pro Russian rebels" are gathered should be hit by drones and cruise missile

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    I've flown over that area, think it was with Malaysia airlines so it's a common route.

I don't know why, I really don't but I feel it personally when things happen to people travelling. Maybe it's because I've also travelled so much. I've just felt broken seeing on the news seconds ago pictures of bags and personal effects
    Know what you mean mate.

When I sent my boy back from the Phils a few years ago, (9 years old and 'unaccompanied') he went Malaysian Airlines, and those people looked after him so well I felt moved to send them a thankyou letter.

I feel very sorry for the airline as well as all those who have lost their lives, and their poor families.

Could happen to any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Know what you mean mate.

When I sent my boy back from the Phils a few years ago, (9 years old and 'unaccompanied') he went Malaysian Airlines, and those people looked after him so well I felt moved to send them a thankyou letter.

I feel very sorry for the airline as well as all those who have lost their lives, and their poor families.

Could happen to any of us.
    This being the second tragedy for Maylaysian Airlines in less than four months has made my mind up to fly with them to Philippines later this year!

This being the second tragedy for Maylaysian Airlines in less than four months has made my mind up to fly with them to Philippines later this year!
    The odds are in your favour but things do come in 3s

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Herpes, crabs .... oh gawd.... what next?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Makes you think what problems we may have in our life are very small compared to whats going on around us

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Not superstitious at all Les!

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post

I don't know why, I really don't but I feel it personally when things happen to people traveling. Maybe it's because I've also traveled so much. I've just felt broken seeing on the news seconds ago pictures of bags and personal effects
    This is not a common route FAA have banned aircraft from that airspace as it is a designated war zone

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...kraine/374622/

Very sad for many reasons.
    Yes, I can spell, Just can't tpye

That is just US planes banned from the area. Some countries will not currently fly over Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya, etc... All war zones. However, a lot of others do. I always flew over Afghanistan and Iraq during the worst of the wars there. I flew over Syria and Iraq last year. They are still on the flight routes now, but we have no idea if ISIS has SAM's. We know Syria do, but we don't know where they all are.

It is normal procedure to fly over war zones, but depends on the airline. BA did not fly over Afghanistan and Iraq during the wars, but SIA did.

I was wondering about this too, weeks ago they said it would take only a few days to get an idea of what went on, I wonder if the Russians tampered with it

Russia demands MH17 black box data release

Russia has launched a media attack on Western countries, demanding to know why international investigators have yet to publish the black box data from a Malaysian airliner that was shot down over eastern Ukraine in July, a deputy defence minister said in an interview published on Saturday.
    Read more here ..

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-...-data-release/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I was wondering about this too, weeks ago they said it would take only a few days to get an idea of what went on, I wonder if the Russians tampered with it
    Yes, that's a fair question Joe and one that most folks must have wondered.

I'm far from being a 'techie' but it's logical to believe that tampering with digital stored data would be easy enough.
    The whole world knows those black boxes were taken away and held for a few days so I guess there's significant extra scrutiny.

My thinking is more around the scientific analysis of the wreckage. Surely forensics can identify so much more about the explosion, about the damage done and likely about the type of missile that caused the plane to come down and more's to the point who manufactured it.
    Food for thought

There is very little news or no news at all about what did happen here, are there still bodies in the fields still.

Its true what they say, todays news is tomorrows chip paper,

Russian view:

Most likely, the story of the downed plane will be hidden away carefully. For those, who more or less understand the situation, it is clear that neither the militia nor Russia were involved in the terrible disaster.

The only question is whether Ukraine incidentally shot down the Boeing or it was a carefully planned, but an ineptly executed act of provocation.

Given that according to available information, the plane was at first shot at in the air, and then finished off with a missile, occasionally is practically excluded. Photos of Buk missile systems, supposedly owed by militia, appeared instantly. A stray provocateur in Donetsk, a couple of days before the disaster, hinted that the militia owned Buk complexes. Boeing's fate had been decided in advance.
    http://english.pravda.ru/world/asia/...oeing_crash-0/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

They only usually release the recorded data when the initial report is done by the investigators, which is those on the ground. As they have had limited access to the site, the initial report is going to take longer than usual. They are still looking for a lot of bodies, which is the first priority of all airline crashes.

“There is no innocent explanation for the sudden disappearance of MH17 from the media and political spotlight. The plane’s black box has been held in Britain for examination for weeks, and US and Russian spy satellites and military radar were intensively scanning east Ukraine at the time of the crash. The claim that Washington does not have detailed knowledge of the circumstances of the crash and the various forces involved is not credible.”
    that MH17 was shot down by Ukrainian fighters in an effort to frame the pro-Russia separatists and demonize Russia by implication.
    Read more here ......

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/09/...r-with-russia/

report out next week .. http://www.3news.co.nz/world/mh17-cr...due-2014090500

Germany’s BND foreign intelligence agency has concluded that pro-Russian rebels are to blame for the downing of Malaysia Airline MH17 in Ukraine in July, Der Spiegel weekly reported on Sunday, the first European agency to say so.
    read more here ...... http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle21156569/

Here's the latest update on the tragically ill~fated Kuala Lumpur bound Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 ... understood to have been hit by a missile over Ukraine last summer, killing every one of the 298 passengers - and crew - on board:

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/nearl...e-rebel-774930 here.

Trusted Member
    It's a total disgrace.

This whole tragedy caused by idiots fighting one another, as with most negative things on this planet.

Thread Information