Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Exclamation Newlywed English Test pressure ... Help

Hi all,

I was granted a fiance visa and moved here in UK since March 2014.

We get married last 10th of July 2014 (we are only 5 days being together as husband and wife).

Instead of enjoying our wedding months, we are under pressure now on applying for my visa extension for they no longer accept the TOEIC Test.

My visa will expire on 20th of August.

Kindly PLEASE HELP US by giving us sort of advice what to do.

I am very much willing to proved my English capabilities if I will be given an extension.

It's very frustrating that it's changed again.

Please give us advice!!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Einnej View Post
    Hi all,

I was granted a fiance visa and moved here in UK since March 2014.

We get married last 10th of July 2014 (we are only 5 days being together as husband and wife).

Instead of enjoying our wedding months, we are under pressure now on applying for my visa extension for they no longer accept the TOEIC Test.

My visa will expire on 20th of August.

Kindly PLEASE HELP US by giving us sort of advice what to do.

I am very much willing to proved my English capabilities if I will be given an extension.

It's very frustrating that it's changed again.

Please give us advice!!!
    Hi Jennie don't be sad I understand that your visa is about to run out. Taking IELTS is an option.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi Ynwa

Thanks for your reply. The situation is our application is booked for 9th of August, this doesn't give me much time to take a different test. Do you know which test is the quickest so I can get the certificate in time? I have read that the KET exam is the best for FLR(M) application, but the next test date is 24th July.

IELTS

Check for the nearest Test Centers.

http://www.ielts.org/
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

I think that you still have time to do an alternative English exam.

We have chosen the ESOL option and through this exam centre:-

http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2094

They have lots of test centres and offer listening and speaking only exams.

A1 (Grade 2) is the minimum for FLR(M) but the B1 exam (Grade 5) would also be an option since it will be valid for both the FLR visa and the ILR visa in 2 years time.

After taking the test you should receive the results in the post within 5 days.

Good Luck!

Hello, Jennie ... I cannot advise on any of the English Tests as my wife was fortunate in being able to obtain her Spousal Visa back in February 2009 - prior to these tests being introduced - but I'd like to you to our friendly online filipino/uk website, where there are many, much more recent applicants for Settlement, who'll be only too pleased to offer you the benefit of their advice and guidance.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum Jennie and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    I think that you still have time to do an alternative English exam.

We have chosen the ESOL option and through this exam centre:-

http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk/site/?id=2094

They have lots of test centres and offer listening and speaking only exams.
    Statement below was taken from page 25 of this link https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...137/hc-532.pdf

Changes relating to approved English language tests

7.13. Applicants in various immigration categories are required to prove their English language ability. One way in which they may do so is by passing an English language test approved by the Secretary of State for these purposes. The approved tests, and the levels of English that they are accepted for, are set out in Appendix O to the Immigration Rules.

7.14. Changes are being made to remove all tests provided by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. This is a scheduled withdrawal at this provider’s request.

7.15. Changes are also being made to remove specific tests provided by Cambridge English (the BULATS Online test) and Trinity College London (ESOL Skills for Life tests) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. These changes are being made at the providers’ requests. Other listed tests from these two providers will continue to be accepted.

Statement below was taken from page 4 of this link https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...137/hc-532.pdf

The change set out in paragraph 65 of this statement takes effect on 1 August 2014. However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave before 1 August 2014, Appendix N will be applied as in force on 31 July 2014.

The changes set out in paragraph 66 of this statement take effect on 1 August 2014.
    However, if an applicant has made an application for entry clearance or leave relying on an English language test deleted from Appendix O by paragraph 66 the following transitional provisions will apply:

(a) Appendix O as it applied on 31 July 2014 will apply to a person who makes an [B]application for entry clearance to enter the UK before 22 August 2014[/B]; and
    (
    b) Appendix O as it applied on 31 July 2014 will apply to a person who makes an application for leave to remain in the UK before 1 August 2014.

Please read the following statement under page 25 point 7.15 via the link below. The statement refers to the ESOL Skills for Life exams which have been removed from the Home Office’s approved list. This was at Trinity’s request as the exam, although it is a SELT exam, isn’t being held in SELT centres; therefore Trinity have requested that it is removed from the Home Office approved list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...137/hc-532.pdf

This in NO way affects any other of Trinity College London's exams and the GESE & ISE will remain on the Home Office approved list of Secure English Langauge Tests (SELTs).

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Oh gosh, I am confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    Please read the following statement under page 25 point 7.15 via the link below. The statement refers to the ESOL Skills for Life exams which have been removed from the Home Office’s approved list. This was at Trinity’s request as the exam, although it is a SELT exam, isn’t being held in SELT centres; therefore Trinity have requested that it is removed from the Home Office approved list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...137/hc-532.pdf

This in NO way affects any other of Trinity College London's exams and the GESE & ISE will remain on the Home Office approved list of Secure English Langauge Tests (SELTs).
    It won't affect any of Trinity College London's exam according to this statement taken from page 25 of this link https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...137/hc-532.pdf

7.15. Changes are also being made to remove specific tests provided by Cambridge English (the BULATS Online test) and Trinity College London (ESOL Skills for Life tests) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. These changes are being made at the providers’ requests.
    "Other listed tests from these two providers will continue to be accepted."

Thread Information