Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member
    I just reviewed myself, I downloaded on my google play all about IELTS and I'm happy because I can practice every day.

No time to go to Review Center because I have a baby. It's so difficult to travel and quite expensive, so learning yourself might help you. I'm focussed right now on listening, because it's quite hard for me. So I keep on practicing every day...speaking quite okay, because they said its more personal based on our experience.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellersarah View Post
    I just reviewed myself, I downloaded on my google play all about IELTS and I'm happy because I can practice every day.

No time to go to Review Center because I have a baby. It's so difficult to travel and quite expensive, so learning yourself might help you. I'm focussed right now on listening, because it's quite hard for me. So I keep on practicing every day...speaking quite okay, because they said its more personal based on our experience.
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by hellersarah View Post

One of the things I did in practicing my listening skills is playing my saved Listening audio files while doing other things at the same time. A friend also plays the copy of the the audio I gave her in her car. It's more like getting used to different accents and the IELTS listening format.

I've also met someone who admitted she went to an EENT to have her ears cleaned just for the IELTS exam.

Thank you all for the advice. I registered to IELTS yesterday and I found out that the closest date I can get is on the 2nd October. I wanted to book IELTS coz I thought the schedules in August and September are still available, but they are full already. So I decided to book Cambridge KET, the test is on 11th October, plus Cambridge is only 2,520php while IELTS is 8,900.

I just hope Cambridge is still acceptable by UKBI when I submit my application Lol Someone posted that it will be removed soon but the CIE staffs said its not true. Can anyone confirm about this? Please

Hi, where did you get your information that the Cambridge KET / PET at CIE will be removed from the UKVI Approved List of English Tests?

Changes relating to approved English language tests

7.13. Applicants in various immigration categories are required to prove their English language ability. One way in which they may do so is by passing an English language test approved by the Secretary of State for these purposes. The approved tests, and the levels of English that they are accepted for, are set out in Appendix O to the Immigration Rules.

7.14. Changes are being made to remove all tests provided by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. This is a scheduled withdrawal at this provider’s request.

7.15. Changes are also being made to remove specific tests provided by Cambridge English (the BULATS Online test) and Trinity College London (ESOL Skills for Life tests) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. These changes are being made at the providers’ requests. Other listed tests from these two providers will continue to be accepted

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    Hi, where did you get your information that the Cambridge KET / PET at CIE will be removed from the UKVI Approved List of English Tests?
    Hello. One of the member here told me about this. She commented in this thread. I asked the CIE staff yesterday and they said it's not true. I'm still worried thou.

Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    Changes relating to approved English language tests

7.13. Applicants in various immigration categories are required to prove their English language ability. One way in which they may do so is by passing an English language test approved by the Secretary of State for these purposes. The approved tests, and the levels of English that they are accepted for, are set out in Appendix O to the Immigration Rules.

7.14. Changes are being made to remove all tests provided by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. This is a scheduled withdrawal at this provider’s request.

7.15. Changes are also being made to remove specific tests provided by Cambridge English (the BULATS Online test) and Trinity College London (ESOL Skills for Life tests) from the list of approved English language tests on 1 August 2014. These changes are being made at the providers’ requests. Other listed tests from these two providers will continue to be accepted
    I just booked and paid yesterday at CIE

Where did you get those infos?

Help me please

Hi Honey,

Welcome to the group. Think positive!

I would recommend British Council simply because of the free materials. and you can study there from 9am-4pm.
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_mazza View Post
    Hi Honey,

Welcome to the group. Think positive!

I would recommend British Council simply because of the free materials. and you can study there from 9am-4pm.
    Hello. British Council is already full until October. Did you study there for free?

If no luck from British Council, try IELTS IDP

http://www.philippines.idp.com/ielts.aspx

Thank you so much ms. Anne

Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    Hello. British Council is already full until October. Did you study there for free?
    Aww ...

Yeah I did.
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Thank you so much ms. Anne

Please check British Council website again. Just found out that there are still available slots in Manila on 15-16 August 2014.

https://philippines.ielts.britishcou...ListServlet.do

Honey, let me know how it goes with your English Test registration

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Please check British Council website again. Just found out that there are still available slots in Manila on 15-16 August 2014.

https://philippines.ielts.britishcou...ListServlet.do
    The earliest date I can see is on September 20. Is it possible to book any day in person at the British Council?

Yes Honey it is, that is what my wife did.

The earliest date I can see is on September 20. Is it possible to book any day in person at the British Council?
    Oh dear. I was looking at the Academic Module schedule. But you can still use Academic if you want. Any luck from IDP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information