Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Where are the cheap flights

Well where are they? There are a few with China Airlines just around the £500 mark but the big boys are way over the £800 mark.

The times we are looking at are around Dec 28 to Jan 29, lots of dates to chose and different airports too, but still dont fancy China Airlines.

Any one flown with them and can comment?

Hi Sir Steve,

I'm looking for cheap flights too esp with Singapore Airlines (hubby's preference) for hubby a return lhr-Cebu but it's very expensive at the moment esp for this month. Geeez!

Sorry I dont have experience flying with China Air, only with Singapore few times and Thai Airways once.

We have flown with Etihad and Cathay and we enjoyed both airlines, but their prices are just soooooooooooooooooooooooo expensive at this moment.

Just have to keep looking

I tried Cheapflights - they have loads below £800, but need to contact travel agents with cheap flights by phone. Unfortunately, am here in the Phils.

Yes, but once you make contact with their agents, the prices you have seen are not there and you pay a lot more too

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Well where are they? There are a few with China Airlines just around the £500 mark but the big boys are way over the £800 mark.

The times we are looking at are around Dec 28 to Jan 29, lots of dates to choose and different airports too, but still dont fancy China Airlines.

Anyone flown with them and can comment?
    Best price on Singapore website around your dates Steve is £799!

We have just started the 3rd Quarter, so prices will be higher than normal for a few weeks. Print off all the prices for each airline, and do the same in a week. This will tell you which way they are moving.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

The times we are looking at are around Dec 28 to Jan 29, lots of dates to chose and different airports too, but still dont fancy China Airlines.

Anyone flown with them and can comment?
    Hi Steve! We flew with China Southern in January this year £427 return!!!! I wouldn't fly with them again -

1. I, personally, think the air Hostesses were a bit abrupt and offhand.
    2. No brandy inflight, only cans of Chinese beer!!
    3. It was a very competitive flight but in reality it's a false economy, as it takes forever to get there (and back) .....

Outbound, Manchester to Amsterdam 5 hours wait, Amsterdam to Guangzhou 3 or 4 hours wait, then Guangzhou to Manila, then internal flight to Cebu.

Returning, we flew to Manila during the night - as our flight to Beijing was early - no sleep in Manila (must be the busiest airport in the world! And no aircon)

When we finally assembled for the flight I was told, "you've been taken off this flight and put on a later one to Guangzhou". Us and maybe 12 other westerners (No Chinese were taken off that flight.....) finally got to Guangzhou only to have a TEN HOUR wait for next flight to Amsterdam!

We complained to the uniformed staff at the airport (most vocal was one Frenchman - he really kicked off!!!) So they offered us free hotel accommodation in Guangzhou until it was time to fly again. Managed to get 2 hours' sleep in the hotel room.

Flew to Amsterdam then finally on to Manchester. Never again!!!!

When we emigrate in late August we're flying with Singapore Airlines (One way!)

Quote Originally Posted by mickmyrna View Post
    Hi Steve! We flew with China Southern in January this year £427 return!!!! I wouldn't fly with them again -

1. I, personally, think the air Hostesses were a bit abrupt and offhand
    3. It was a very competitive flight but in reality its a false economy as it takes forever to get there (and back) .....

Outbound, Manchester to Amsterdam 5 hours wait,Amsterdam to Guangzhou 3 or 4 hours wait, then Guangzhou to Manila, then internal flight to Cebu.

Returning, we flew to Manila during the night - as our flight to Beijing was early - no sleep in Manila (must be the busiest airport in the world! And no aircon)

When we finally assembled for the flight I was told, "you've been taken off this flight and put on a later one to guangzhou ". Us and maybe 12 other westerners (No Chinese were taken off that flight.....) finally got to Guangzhou only to have a TEN HOUR wait for next flight to Amsterdam!

We complained to the uniformed staff at the airport (most vocal was one Frenchman - he really kicked off!!!) So they offered us free hotel accommodation in Guangzhou until it was time to fly again. Managed to get 2 hours' sleep in the hotel room.

I have my answer, DONT USE THIS AIRLINE!

That sounds a nightmare! I would not have even booked the cheap flight for £427 if I knew the real cost and the time involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    That sounds a nightmare! I would not have even booked the cheap flight for £427 if I knew the real cost and the time involved.
    Never again! Oh, and we even had a bodyless head appear in one of the photos I took in our hotel room in Guangzhou!!! Really!

Trusted Member
    I always read the reviews before buying tickets.

The ones for the Chinese Airlines are nightmarish !

I deal with several of the airlines that fly to Manila.... China Southern is the flight that gets cancelled/delayed the most.

The one that seems to depart on time is Malaysian... although coming into Heathrow it is never on time.... but not many flights are....

I was looking at flights mid Feb next year... Cheapest I have seen is Singapore Airlines for £621 (I purposely didn't include the cheap China flights)

I'm looking for Flights in November.

So far very expensive.

Would like to fly with Singapore if possible.

Trusted Member
    Looks like Mercedes and I have decided on November too.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickmyrna View Post

1. I, personally, think the air Hostesses were a bit abrupt and offhand
    3. It was a very competitive flight but in reality its a false economy as it takes forever to get there (and back) .....

Outbound, Manchester to Amsterdam 5 hours wait. Amsterdam to Guangzhou 3 or 4 hours wait, then Guangzhou to Manila, then internal flight to Cebu.

When we finally assembled for the flight I was told, "you've been taken off this flight and put on a later one to Guangzhou ". Us and maybe 12 other westerners (No Chinese were taken off that flight.....) finally got to Guangzhou only to have a TEN HOUR wait for next flight to Amsterdam!

So true - no point in saving £200 on a return flight if it's going to take 30+ hours to get there

I used Aeroflot once to Bangkok and would never repeat the "experience"

Quote Originally Posted by cheekee View Post
    I'm looking for Flights in November.

So far very expensive.

Would like to fly with Singapore if possible.
    Singapore is around low six hundred depending what date in November. Hopefully, we'll be going November. Just waiting for ILR before I'll book a flight. More than likely use Singapore Airlines because we'll be flying Manchester to Cebu then get Ceres bus to Dumaguete!

The cheapest we've flown was with Cathay and for the price of £555. Great times and over Xmas/New Year too. Just have to keep looking, if they don't come down, Skeggy may be back on!

Contacted 'Philippine Island Connections' yesterday (Tel No 02074048877) looking for flights in January 2015. They informed me that Cathay Pacific are flying ex Manchester to Cebu as from December this year and prices for return flights are around £600.

For those who are interested, 'Philippine Island Connections' (PIL) are a good agent I have used them many times!

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    So true no point in saving £200 on a return flight if its going to take 30+ hours to get there

I used Aeroflot once to Bangkok and would never repeat the "experience"

You're not alone, I flew with them to Kenya when I was much younger - just to save a few quid. Lesson learned

Never booked direct with an Airline, always used STA travel, Crystal Travel and of course Philippine Island Connections. Can't complain about any of them, always had a reasonable price and good service.

Always remember my very first flight ever, it was to meet my ex in Hong Kong 1989. Booked with Thomas Cook and the price was £1200 flight only. That was a shock to my system, but I learned very quickly!

I have flown with China Airlines twice. You get what you pay for.. Either way, I got to my destination and didn't lose any luggage so I was happy.

I'm seeing prices around £800 to fly with Singapore to Cebu in November at the moment

Using Skyscanner.

If anyone notices any good prices with Singapore let me know.

Trusted Member
    I've booked with Emirates again...direct.

I could have got a slightly lower price through an agent, but I feel better going straight to the airline.

Nov 3rd - Manchester to Manila £602.

30 days' trip. Printed out my e-ticket already.

Good on yer Graham, I will just keep on looking

Good on yer Graham, I will just keep on looking
    Have you phoned 'Philippine Island Connections' yet Steve? I'll be booking with them as soon as Maritess' ILR arrives!

Many cheap flights from all major Airports in the UK to Manila with various Airlines starting at £439. STA have an offer at the moment on all destinations Asia, check out their website, excellent company to deal with!

I'm not keen on flying with the Chinese Airlines or that one from Brunei which takes about a week to get there. Kuwait Airways were surprisingly decent I thought. I'd use them again if the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Many cheap flights from all major Airports in the UK to Manila with various Airlines starting at £439. STA have an offer at the moment on all destinations Asia, check out their website, excellent company to deal with!
    Sounds like the offers are a bit late this year

I ended up with a good deal with Singapore. Paid £690 direct to Cebu flying out November 9th. Got my E ticket printed and seats chosen

Chose a good time to book as well, as a week later the same flight cost £885.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information