Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Minimum Threshold

Hi Guys.

I am working my moneys out as I have been made redundant but with good pay off.

i am working out the ammount I must hold in my bank for FLR based on my getting a job with a min pay ie £6.50 hour @ 37 hour week..

Here are my figures: £12,507 per annum
    Short fall of £6,094 from £18,600

I would need £16,000 plus 2.5 x the difference £6,094 x 2.5 = £ 15,235 plus £16,000 = £31,235

Does this sound correct?

many thanks

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi Guys.

i am working out the ammount I must hold in my bank for FLR based on my getting a job with a min pay ie £6.50 hour @ 37 hour week..

I would need £16,000 plus 2.5 x the difference £6,094 x 2.5 = £ 15,235 plus £16,000 = £31,235

Does this sound correct?

many thanks

John
    Spot on John and also any income if your wife works can be added to yours so maybe no need to show that.

Also latest from court of appeal decision should be due very soon talking about reducing minimum income to around £13k mark so who knows.

Anyway buddy your hard work is done with the entrance clearance everything will fall into place.....

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Spot on John and also any income if your wife works can be added to yours so maybe no need to show that.

Also latest from court of appeal decision should be due very soon talking about reducing minimum income to around £13k mark so who knows.

Anyway buddy your hard work is done with the entrance clearance everything will fall into place.....
    Thanks for the encouragement I hope & pray 13k is the new rate soon .. oh there will be rejoicing!
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

I thought the minimum income was just over 16k. Anyone under this figure can get tax credits to boost their income to this amount. On a negative point, this would go against you if you are claiming tax credits and you are looking to get your wife or girlfriends over here.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi Guys.

Does this sound correct?

many thanks

John
    Sorry to learn about your redundancy John

As the Financial Requirement rules currently stand your suggestion would be fine.
    When exactly is that FLR(M) application due John ? Quite some time to go yet as I recall.
    If you're able to hold onto enough savings I'd suggest you do so throughout the 5 year immigration journey.

Good luck you both.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry to learn about your redundancy John

As the Financial Requirement rules currently stand your suggestion would be fine.
    When exactly is that FLR(M) application due John ? Quite some time to go yet as I recall.
    If you're able to hold onto enough savings I'd suggest you do so throughout the 5 year immigration journey.

Good luck you both.
    Hi Terpe.

Yes its not until 2016 but just thinking ahead and yes we shall be holding onto some cash for the 5 year route, hoping nevertheless that along the way the threshold is lowered of which is a possability.

Thanks again.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I thought the minimum income was just over 16k. Anyone under this figure can get tax credits to boost their income to this amount. On a negative point, this would go against you if you are claiming tax credits and you are looking to get your wife or girlfriends over here.
    Income for EC, FLR, ILR currently set at £18,600 judgment from court of appeal due soon with regards to immigration rules post 8th July 2012 looking at reducing it Rory as around 40% don't earn the higher threshold to bring their loved ones here....

Sorry to hear about your regundancy John. This is the problem. Just because we get the first stage of our spouse visa it doesnt mean anything. We still have to keep our jobs for the next stage. I hope you find something soon mate.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your regundancy John. This is the problem. Just because we get the first stage of our spouse visa it doesnt mean anything. We still have to keep our jobs for the next stage. I hope you find something soon mate.
    Andy mate its always a constant worry I myself brought my wife around the same time as you brought your lady here but like I have said before the EC (entrance clearance) is the hardest part the rest will fall into place, I always believe in Article 8 of human rights cos god damm it do I need to say more.....

Thanks Mark you're right, it is a constant worry. I don't even know how many wage slips we have to submit for FLR. But that is 2 years' away - a lot can change by then.

Thread Information