Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Can I have some help filling up the FLR (M) form please?

Hi again, everyone!
    I'm in the process of filling up my FLR form and there are a few questions that are confusing me. Any help about these questions would be greatly appreciated. I am on a fiancee Visa and we got married last 16th May.Ive been here since February and my visa is going to expire this coming 5th of August.
    Here are the questions.

"Question 2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiance or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor? "

On the categories, I have ticked "Civil Partner of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document."
    So what should I tick, is it Yes or No? Cos I am granted a fiance visa, which is my first, but is that different from 'leave granted as a fiance?' Im sorry Im just really confused. And im supposed to answer the next question too if I ticked No.

"Question 2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories."

And the categories seemed all the same to me so I wouldnt know what to tick.

"Question 6.9 . If relevant, have you lived together permanently in the UK with your sponsor since your last grant of limited leave to remain as partner?"

I;m not sure if this is relevant to me. Lol i'm sorry I probably sound stupid but I dont know if my 6 month fiance visa is the same as limited leave to remain.

"Question 6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?"
    I would tick NO to this, cos my husband pays everything at the moment since I cannot work yet, but won't they question it? Cos my name will be on some of our bills that I am going to submit to them... then again, if I tick yes, they will wonder where I get my money since Im not allowed to work. Am I making sense? Or am I just reading way too deep into this. :/

"7.3A (i) Question xii-Contact details of you/your sponsor's current (and if you/your sponsot answered yes at (vi), earlier)employer/employment - address, phone number. email address."

Ive no problem answering this but what confused me is it says if I answered yes at vi, and when I checked back question vi, it doesnt require a yes or no answer. the question is what type of employment is you/your sponsor's current emplyment? Could they have possibly made a mistake in this question?

And Finally...
    "Question 10.12 Please state what ties you have with;
    >the country you were born
    >Any other country whose nationality you hold
    >any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years

You should tell us about any family, friends, or those connections with that country"

So what exactly should I put under the social cultural family ties table, their names? or just family and friends?

I must have sounded dumb in my questions but I really am nervous about filling this up, i dont wanna have to do things over again so I want this to be perfect. Im so sorry it's so long but any help, I would really really be thankful for.

Maria

Hi, your husband needs to help you fill in the form or better yet check the guidance notes.

Here's the link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...otes_04-14.pdf
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK
    and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document.
    You must tick the box Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.
    Civil Partner is for same sex couples only.

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories
    (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
    Tick the yes box and then in Q2.3 tick the box for "First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled
    person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)"

The rest of the questions are pretty straightforward if you read through them carefully.
    There are no 'trick' questions.......but I'd agree with sars, do have your husband go through the form with you.

If you still need clarifications get back here with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    You must tick the box

Tick the yes box and then in Q2.3 tick the box for "First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled
    person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)"

Hi Terpe, if I tick YES to question 2.2, it asks me to go to section 3. It only asks me to answer question 2.3 if I ticked NO to 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariafeda View Post
    Hi Terpe, if I tick YES to question 2.2, it asks me to go to section 3. It only asks me to answer question 2.3 if I ticked NO to 2.2.
    Whoops sorry
    Meant to say answer NO
    It's the first time for you to apply for a visa or an extension in the categories listed.
    Then got to 2.3

Maria,

We will also apply for this visa in around 3 or 4 months' time. Will you be going for the express, same day visa service or the standard?

Whoops sorry
    Meant to say answer NO
    It's the first time for you to apply for a visa or an extension in the categories listed.
    Then got to 2.3
    Thanks very much, Terpe. I'll do that..

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    Maria,

We will also apply for this visa in around 3 or 4 months' time. Will you be going for the express, same day visa service or the standard?
    Hi Jasper! We're doing the standard. It's a bit pricey, the express one.

It's a bit pricey, the express one.
    's true! On the other hand, when you're shelling out an absolutely extortionate amount for the visa fee itself, it's worth the bit extra for the Premium Service ... from the point of view of avoiding the stress of waiting for what can seem interminably.

But there again ... ... it depends how you're placed financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    's true! On the other hand, when you're shelling out an absolutely extortionate amount for the visa fee itself, it's worth the bit extra for the Premium Service ... from the point of view of avoiding the stress of waiting for what can seem interminably.

But there again ... ... it depends how you're placed financially.
    Hi Arthur, yeah we just decided to do the premium service. All booked in now for this coming Wednesday... Really praying all will go well. Im still sorting out the papers, gotta make sure everything's ready

Good luck.

Did you need six bills with both your names? We only have 4 so fa as many utility companies don't send out paper bills.

Is it also necessary to include all of the correspondence evidence as we did for the first entry visa?

Good luck.

Did you need six bills with both your names? We only have 4 so fa as many utility companies don't send out paper bills.

Is it also necessary to include all of the correspondence evidence as we did for the first entry visa?
    You can also submit utility bills or any letter addressed individually to you/wife.

You don't need to include what you have submitted on your first entry visa. Basically, just follow what is asked of you from your application form.

Good luck.

I only have Council tax, where mine and my husbands name is stated, letter from my GP and two normal letters sent to me by Tesco and Boots as proof of address. Im personally not too worried about it because its not specifically asked from us.
    This is whats stated about the proof of address.

12C Unmarried and same-sex partners (and any spouse or civil partner who has completed 2 years’ leave in that
    category but is applying for an extension of stay rather than indefinite leave to remain)

If you are applying as an unmarried or same-sex partner, or if you answered no to question 5.1 and are
    applying for an extension of stay although you have completed or nearly completed 2 years’ leave to enter
    or remain in the UK as a partner, in addition to the relevant documents in sub-section 12A, you must provide the following documents:
    -6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have
    been living together during the past 2 years.

So this doesnt really apply to us because we havent completed two years of stay in the UK yet and also this is for unmarried or same-sex partners only. But as most of them here submitted proof of addresses, I will submit what I have just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    You can also submit utility bills or any letter addressed individually to you/wife.

You don't need to include what you have submitted on your first entry visa. Basically, just follow what is asked of you from your application form.
    Hi again, April! Just wanted to ask if youve submitted any mortgage statements of your husband? Or anything as proof of accommodation. Cos it is asking for proof of accommodation, im not sure if the bank statement that shows his monthly mortgage payment is enough...

Hi again, April! Just wanted to ask if youve submitted any mortgage statements of your husband? Or anything as proof of accommodation. Cos it is asking for proof of accommodation, im not sure if the bank statement that shows his monthly mortgage payment is enough...
    When I applied for my FLR couple of years ago(was on fiancé visa before that), I only submitted proof of address under my name like bank statement, council tax(joint name), electricity/gas bill statement, water bill statement, GP letters,TV license....

But when I applied for my ILR a month ago, the officer from the checking service asked us to include our recent mortgage statement (a strong evidence of the accommodation she said)... So maybe submit your mortgage statement as well just an 'icing on a cake' thing.

When I applied for my FLR couple of years ago(was on fiancé visa before that), I only submitted proof of address under my name like bank statement, council tax(joint name), electricity/gas bill statement, water bill statement, GP letters,TV license....

But when I applied for my ILR a month ago, the officer from the checking service asked us to include our recent mortgage statement (a strong evidence of the accommodation she said)... So maybe submit your mortgage statement as well just an 'icing on a cake' thing.
    Oh okay, cos he only has the one issued December 2013, his yearly mortgage statement. That's the latest he had, I hope that'll be okay. Thank you again!

Hello Mariafeda. Quick question, how soon a fiancee visa holder has to apply for FLR? Coz the website only states before the visa expires. I haven't come through with a time frame here. Can we apply right after the wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Hello Mariafeda. Quick question, how soon a fiancee visa holder has to apply for FLR? Coz the website only states before the visa expires. I haven't come through with a time frame here. Can we apply right after the wedding?
    28 days before your current visa expires...

When is the expiration date of your fiancé visa? You can see that info on your visa.....

28 days before your current visa expires...

When is the expiration date of your fiancé visa? You can see that info on your visa.....
    That's not correct information at all.

Application for FLR(M) may be made as soon as possible after the wedding.

Sorry for that Terpe... So with FLR(M), do we just ignore about the "28 days" that's been stated in the UKBA web page? Or is that just a guide to be in the safe side?

Could you possibly please post a related link here that mention that it's alright to apply for the FLR(M) immediately after the wedding? Just so it's clear for everybody who will be applying for their FLR(M) application soon.

Thanks for the quick response April and Terpe! I'm just gathering info whilst I'm still waiting for my visa to be approved. Would be better to be 1 step ahead right? So, according to Terpe, I can basically apply as soon as my fiance and I get married.

Hello Anne, the only thing I read in the guidance notes is that you should apply for FLR before your visa expires. It didnt mention how many days before the expiration exactly, but then again there are much more information in UKBA that I havent read so I am not really sure. As for me, my fiancee visa expires 05 this August and I applied for FLR only two days ago, 16th of July at Cardiff and it was granted. I will post details today about my premium service experience.

.....I can basically apply as soon as my fiance and I get married.
    Yes, that's correct.

Yes, that's correct.
    Thanks for the info! At least I'm now well-informed before going on to the next step.

And Finally...
    "Question 10.12 Please state what ties you have with;
    >the country you were born
    >Any other country whose nationality you hold
    >any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years

You should tell us about any family, friends, or those connections with that country"

So what exactly should I put under the social cultural family ties table, their names? or just family and friends?

I must have sounded dumb in my questions but I really am nervous about filling this up, i dont wanna have to do things over again so I want this to be perfect. Im so sorry it's so long but any help, I would really really be thankful for.

Maria
    Hi Maria. Just wondering what exactly did you write in this section? Will be applying FLR (M) soon..

Thread Information