Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Help needed with regards to filling in Form AN for Citizenship

Well the princess's 3 years comes to an end in the next week and she's able to apply for her UK citizenship.

Now her Pinoy Passport is in her maiden name along with her UK BRP. I recall reading that we can put the application in her marrried surname and enclose our marriage certficate etc as proof as it make sense for her citizenship certficate to be in her maiden name which will support her UK Passport application.

Anyone done this or have any advice to add? Terpe, Stevewool ??

I have a question regarding this thread. In what name did Mr Matty's wife sign the declaration on the form? Her maiden name as it is on her passport and BRP or in her married name? As we are in the same situation at the moment, any help appreciated

Hi there, your name as it is now and names used before too. Are you going to do this yourself or use the Checking Service? for what it costs as extra, I would go the checking route. Peace of mind and you get everything back there and then, plus you know its right

Respected Member
    My wife's name as it is now on her passport and biometrics permit is still as before. The only document with our married name on it is our marriage certificate - hence the reason I'm asking.

As I see it, she is officially registered with the UKBA under her maiden name, so shouldn't she be signing the declaration in her maiden name? Surely her married name won't be official until her application form is processed.

We put our married name down in Section 1, Question 1.5 for surname. We used the Visa Checking Service for my wife's last visa and it was totally shocking the way we were treated. I was so shocked with the girl's attitude that I put a complaint in.

But having said that, we may try another checking service in a different area.

But that still doesn't answer my original question. Hopefully Mr Matty will be able to shed some light on the matter for me, as he went through exactly the same situation as we are now.

Thanks for your reply

Thread Information