Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

UK Family Visit Visa from Philippines

Hi, just wanted to ask for clarification regarding family visit visa. I just got my British passport and now plan to sponsor my parents to come to UK for a visit.

Here is the situation:

I am married to a British national.

My birth certificate shows as 'UNKNOWN' on my father's details, due to the fact that my parents aren't married - even until this time.

Obviously my parents don't have a marriage certificate to show themselves as a couple although they are living together since then even until this point of time.

My birth cert only shows the details of my 'mother' but not my father as I would say I was born out of wedlock.

I wanted to know if it's possible that I can sponsor my father to come to the UK for a visit along with my mother.

Do my parents need to get married before I can sponsor them to come in the UK?

or

If there is any other way around for any proof to show that he IS my father.?

Thank you very much....

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    Hi, just wanted to ask for clarification regarding family visit visa. I just got my British passport and now plan to sponsor my parents to come to UK for a visit.

Here is the situation:

I am married to a British national.

My birth certificate shows as 'UNKNOWN' on my father's details, due to the fact that my parents aren't married - even until this time.

Obviously my parents don't have a marriage certificate to show themselves as a couple although they are living together since then even until this point of time.

My birth cert only shows the details of my 'mother' but not my father as I would say I was born out of wedlock.

I wanted to know if it's possible that I can sponsor my father to come to the UK for a visit along with my mother.

Do my parents need to get married before I can sponsor them to come in the UK?

or

If there is any other way around for any proof to show that he IS my father.?

Thank you very much....
    Are you using your Mother's maiden name ever since?

We've got a law called RA 9255-Letting Illegitimate Child Use Father’s Surname (that I think is the cheaper way to prove he is your father).

You need to contact NSO for the updated requirements
    here's the link:

http://www.census.gov.ph/directory/c...r-metro-manila
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Yes, I've always used my mom's maiden name since then...no proof of evidence for me that he is my father, on my birth cert he is listed as 'unknown'...my parents aren't married up till now, so obviously my mom used hers too.

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    Yes, I've always used my mom's maiden name since then...no proof of evidence for me that he is my father, on my birth cert he is listed as 'unknown'...my parents aren't married up till now, so obviously my mom used hers too.
    Yes, I understand that, that is why I put a link on post #2
    and here's another one:

http://www.census.gov.ph/civilregist...ublic-act-9255

1.1.2 Registered births where the illegitimate children use the surname of the mother.

Who may file

Under these rules, the father, mother, child if of age, or the guardian, may file the public document or Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) in order for the child to use the surname of the father.

Your annotated birth certificate with your father's surname will prove he is your father - then you can begin to gather your documents for their family visit visa.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thread Information