Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Help, Help, plz Sir Peter/Terpe

Financial requirements Appendix 2 (VAF-4A)

We have completed section 3A meeting the financial requirement from salaried employment, as my 2 children need not be considered for financial requirement we are applying with income of 18,600, and stated previously that I have 2 children in the UK that I pay maintenance to in section 1.27 and 1.28 .

Should we have filled out section 4 instead?

PART 4 Maintenance for those exempt from the financial requirement
    You should complete this maintenance section if you are not required to complete the financial requirement section in Part 3. This
    includes those who answered ‘Yes’ to question 3.1 and children who are not required to meet the financial requirement. See the policy
    guidance notes who needs to complete this part instead of Part 3.

Sorry, I missed this one ....I've been in the middle of moving and it's taken its toll on me

Exemption from the financial is pretty strict and largely based on being in receipt of Specific benefits.
    Mostly it's DLA
    Which of the specified exemption benefits are you receiving?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry, I missed this one ....I've been in the middle of moving and it's taken its toll on me

Exemption from the financial is pretty strict and largely based on being in receipt of Specific benefits.
    Mostly it's DLA
    Which of the specified exemption benefits are you receiving?
    Here's 'chapter and verse' from UKVI:-

Meeting the financial requirement through “adequate maintenance”
    3.6.1. Where the applicant‟s partner is in receipt of any of the following benefits or allowances in the UK, the applicant will be able to meet the financial requirement at that application stage by providing evidence of “adequate maintenance” rather than meeting an income threshold:
    - Carer‟s Allowance.
    - Disability Living Allowance.
    - Severe Disablement Allowance.
    - Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
    - Attendance Allowance.
    - Personal Independence Payment.
    - Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme.
    - Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme.

3.6.2. If the applicant‟s partner is in receipt of one of the above benefits or allowances on behalf of their child, the applicant will be able to qualify by meeting the financial requirement through “adequate maintenance”.
    3.6.3. The evidence required to demonstrate that the applicant‟s partner is in receipt of a specified benefit or allowance is specified in Appendix FM-SE:

12. Where a person is in receipt of Carer's Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit, Attendance Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, or Armed Forces Independence Payment or Guaranteed Income Payment under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or Constant Attendance Allowance, Mobility Supplement or War Disablement Pension under the War Pensions Scheme, all the following must be provided:
    (a) Official documentation from the Department for Work and Pensions or Veterans Agency confirming the entitlement and the amount received. (b) At least one personal bank statement in the 12-month period prior to the date of application, showing payment of the benefit or allowance into the person's account.
    3.6.4. The applicant will not need to meet the minimum income threshold. Instead, the applicant is required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds. The relevant guidance is set out in IDI Chapter 8 section 1.7a. This does not allow the applicant to rely on promises of third party support or prospective employment or a job offer.
    3.6.5. The minimum income threshold will apply at the next application stage if the applicant‟s partner is no longer in receipt of one of these benefits or allowances at that time.
    3.6.6. Some applicants under Appendix Armed Forces are already required to demonstrate that they will be adequately maintained without recourse to public funds and there is no assessment needed of whether they are exempt from minimum income threshold because the minimum income threshold does not apply to their category of application. See Part 4, Part 7, Part 9, and Part 10 of Appendix Armed Forces for details of who falls into this group. The relevant guidance is set out in IDI Chapter 8 section 1.7a. This does not allow the applicant to rely on promises of third party support or prospective employment or a job offer.

It was the part that said "the children who are not required to meet the financial requirement" in the Section 4 - which my 2 boys are not included in meeting the financial requirement, as they were born and live here - that was confusing me. We went to VFS Global on Friday and applied for the Spouse Visa. And we did not fill out Section 4. So fingers crossed now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mick foreman View Post
    It was the part that said "the children who are not required to meet the financial requirement" in the Section 4 - which my 2 boys are not included in meeting the financial requirement, as they were born and live here - that was confusing me. We went to VFS Global on Friday and applied for the Spouse Visa. And we did not fill out Section 4. So fingers crossed now!!!
    Hi Mick if your two boys are British citizens they do not count under the financial requirement. It only counts for children who are not British citizens and are making visa applications.

Sincere best of luck with the application Mick......and with the waiting

Thank you so much for your help and advice it is much appreciated.

Thread Information