Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Balikbayan Visa. Do's and Don'ts

Hello Guys..hope everyone's well....

I just have a question about Balikbayan Visa..

If ever me and husband thinking to move and settle in Pinas...balikbayan visa is for my husband to get we are aware of that. I am a British Citizen now and also have Dual Citizenship that lets me live ok in Pinas or UK as long as I want to..

Question:

ASIDE FROM not being allowed to buy a property under the name of husband because he's foreigner and not permitted to have any business.. my question here is... is he allowed to buy a car under his name? Whether it's second hand or brand new?

How long can he use the balikbayan visa to stay in Pinas if we're plannng to settled there..?

Is the Balikbayan Visa correct that he's the one needing?

We have done our research, just want to hear from here fellow forums

Thanks to you ALL ... would really appreciate your views.

P.S
    Just thought to put our picture together
    Attached Images Attached Images

First thing is that a Balikbayan privilege is NOT a visa!! It's not a stamp he can get from the R.P Embassy in London, thats for sure..

If he travels with you (his wife) to the R.P then you can request the Balikbayan stamp for him there, but please take your marriage cert as they may require it before issue.

He can legally be a part of a legitimate business here but can only own 40% of it.. His Filipino partner..(You I assume, will own the other 60%)

Yes..He can own a car or motorbike in his own name!!

If he wishes to stay longer in the Philippines he can apply for a 13a Resident Visa as he is married to you.

I advise that he applies for it at the Philippine Embassy in London as he will get a permanent visa..

If he applies for it here in R.P, it's only temporary for one year.

Once he has this visa the only expenses are 310.00 PHP per year.. After 5 years he will need to renew his ACR card which costs around 3K..

Hope this helps in some way..
    Fred.

Hi Fred thanks for your sincere effort response. I only have few questions

Are you in Pinas right now or in UK?

Is RP means Embassy?

So we can already apply in Philiippine Embassy in London my husband's Balikbayan privilege or we can apply for permanent residence or whatever you call that all here in Philippine Embassy London??

Thanks Fred should wait your response

Respected Member
    RP - stands for Republic of Philippines.

You can't apply for balikbayan - as has already been said it's not a visa - he will get the stamp on his passport when he arrives at the Airport in Manila.

Just make sure u ask for balikbayan, its only good for 12 months - so have to leave after a year and re-enter to get new one or get a 2 months' tourist visa after that.

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post

You can't apply for balikbayan - as has already been said it's not a visa - he will get the stamp on his passport when he arrives at the Airport in Manila.

Just make sure u ask for balikbayan, its only good for 12 months - so have to leave after a year and re-enter to get new one or get a 2 months' tourist visa after that.
    Just for clarity.

After receiving the 12 month B.B privilege you are allowed to stay for another year without leaving the country (total, 24 months) but you will need to go into a B.I office to secure an exit clearance before leaving.

If you would rather not pay the tourist visa 9a fees for 12 months, then simply leave the country with your Mrs to places like Thailand, Macau, Hong Kong, etc and fly back the next day and request a new balikbayan stamp to start yet another year free visa stay in the Philippines..

Lucky you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flower025 View Post
    Hi Fred thanks for your sincere effort response. I only have few questions

Is RP means Embassy?

So we can already apply in Philiippine Embassy in London my husbands Balikbayan privilege or we can apply for permanent residence or whatever you call that all here in Philippine Embassy London??

Thanks Fred should wait your response

Pinas!!

So we can already apply in Philiippine Embassy in London my husband's Balikbayan privilege
    No. As Irishman says, you have to travel with your husband and request it on your arrival at the airport as you pass through immigration together.

or We can apply for permanent residence or whatever you call that all here in Philippine Embassy London??
    Yes, you can apply for a 13a residence visa at the Brit Embassy but please be warned, it can take some time to gather all the requirements they ask for..

If your husband is serious about wanting to live here long term though ... it's all well worth it!

You can download an application here..

philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform3.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post

Hello Irishman thank you for ur responce. how come i didnt mind RP is for Republic Philippines.. this definitely help bec its exactly same that my husband told me what should we do for his staying in Philippines.

Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Just for clarity.

After receiving the 12 month B.B privilege you are allowed to stay for another year without leaving the country (total, 24 months) but you will need to go into a B.I office to secure an exit clearance before leaving.

If you would rather not pay the tourist visa 9a fees for 12 months, then simply leave the country with your Mrs to places like Thailand, Macau, Hong Kong, etc and fly back the next day and request a new balikbayan stamp to start yet another year free visa stay in the Philippines..

Lucky you!!
    Hi Fred thanks again... my husband totally right of his research source of you guys tell me i just really want to have others info.

Anyway i think we preffered the going out of country and go in neighbour country once in a yr.. i think he said about 3yrs or so he can apply for a permanent visa ... if were going to do applying permanent visa im not sure if we have enough time. so we probably just do it in philippines..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Just for clarity.

Btw, What is B.I. Office?? Cheers!

Respected Member
    Bureau of Immigration

Respected Member
    Going out of the country mightn't be all that much cheaper than getting a tourist visa every 2 months, but if you would rather have a holiday abroad that pay to Phil goverment -then

Hello there irishman thanks again...B.I ofcourse is Bureau of Immigration hehe... thanks a lot for your help....

Respected Member
    Me and my kids got BB Stamp and didn't have to show marriage cert and they didn't even ask for it. The immigration guy just asked if we were husband and wife..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    Me and my kids got BB Stamp and didn't have to show marriage cert and they didn't even ask for it. The immigration guy just asked if we were husband and wife..
    Mostly they wouldn't ask for marriage cert - but if they had and you didnt have it, you maybe wouldn't get balikbayan stamp

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    When arriving in Cebu with my ex, never once been asked for proof of marriage yet always got Balikbayan Stamp and that is more than 30 entries!

Always better to be compliant and have the marriage certificate available for inspection.
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    That's easy...thanks Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    When arriving in Cebu with my ex, never once been asked for proof of marriage yet always got Balikbayan stamp and that is more than 30 entries!
    Fantastic.. shouldn't be worry then for the hubby entry
    Thanks there

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Always better to be compliant and have the marriage certificate available for inspection.
    IMO
    That's right Terpe..it's better to be ready always - especially on this occassion.

Thanks

Thread Information