Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Advice needed: Spouse Visa expiring soon

My visa expires on August 25. My IELTS general exam is on the 19th of July and results are not given for 2 weeks

So that is meaning we get the results on August 2

If I pass this time will I have enough time to submit and send my ILR application 23 days before the visa expires?

Quote Originally Posted by patrickm1978 View Post
    My visa expires on August 25. My IELTS general exam is on the 19th of July and results are not given for 2 weeks

If I pass this time will I have enough time to submit and send my ILR application 23 days before the visa expires?
    It should be 28 days before but I think 23 days before is alright. Based on my personal experience 2 years ago, I have submitted my FLR application 20 days before my fiancé visa expires, I was very nervous back then but it turned out alright in the end. I got the result in less than 2 months.

Respected Member

For the safe side I would suggest to apply it in person.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

No problem with that. As long as UKVI will have your application before your current visa expires, then that's good.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by jane2009 View Post
    For the safe side I would suggest to apply it in person.
    Booking in person depends on the availability of the PEO slots. Some book their appointments 6 weeks before the intended application, and others have difficulty in booking it.

But yeah, I will still say to try it ... if you have the money, why not, right?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    Booking in person depends on the availability of the PEO slots. Some book their appointments 6 weeks before the intended application, and others have difficulty in booking it.

But yeah, I will still say to try it ... if you have the money, why not, right?
    It's worth to spend extra money than to wait couple of weeks that we can't sleep keep thinking the application... If they will book now I think they can still have some slots or else consider the next nearest PEO.

It's worth to spend extra money than to wait couple of weeks that we can't sleep keep thinking the application... If they will book now I think they can still have some slots or else consider the next nearest PEO.
    If I have travel plans in the next couple of months, I could have gone for the PEO service...but since I haven't got any plans, haven't got extra £400, still working full time and not in a rush, I'm alright playing the 'waiting game' and save that £400 for future use...

Respected Member
    If I have travel plans in the next couple of months, I could have gone for the PEO service...but since I haven't got any plans, haven't got extra £400, still working full time and not in a rush, I'm alright playing the 'waiting game' and save that £400 for future use...
    If I think my papers are all fine then posting the application is not a problem....But if I got a doubts about my papers (short time, or any of documents). then for me the PEO is the best at least if they got any question I can answer is it right away...I do work I got two kids but still I keep thinking about my naturalisation application is not that I'm in a rush but thinking if there's a problem turn up...It's just me...(always thinking what if there's emergency back home or whatsoever...I think I got paranoid syndrome..lol)

If I think my papers are all fine then posting the application is not a problem....But if I got a doubts about my papers( short time, or any of documents). then for me the PEO is the best at least if they got any question I can answer is it right away...I do work I got two kids but still I keep thinking about my naturalisation application is not that I'm in a rush but thinking if there's a problem turn up...It's just me...( always thinking what if there's emergency back home or whatsoever...I think I got paranoid syndrome..lol)
    Fair play, Jane ...

I was confused about the proof of cohabitation requirements that's why I went for the settlement checking service to sort the documents I have gathered. Now I'm just happily waiting.... Patience is my greatest virtue I think.

It's no problem at all.
    There's no requirement at all about applying 28 days before anything. Folks get mixed up about that.
    Just be sure you post your application before visa expiration.
    Date of posting is considered date of application.

Respected Member
    Fair play, Jane ...

I was confused about the proof of cohabitation requirements that's why I went for the settlement checking service to sort the documents I have gathered. Now I'm just happily waiting.... Patience is my greatest virtue I think.
    I'm still worried as the lady from NCS said it is not guaranteed that my application was all ok but she said if they want some more documents and any questions they will contact me via post.. So fingers crossed

I'm still worried as the lady from NCS said it is not guaranteed that my application was all ok but she said if they want some more documents and any questions they will contact me via post.. So fingers crossed
    So you also went for the Checking Service? When did you do yours?

Respected Member
    So you also went for the Checking Service? When did you do yours?
    I submitted my naturalisation thru NCS in Winchester last 6th of May! Took money out from my bank I think 13th of May! I got confirmation received on 16th I think...since then I heard nothing! I wish they got PEO for naturalisation..��

Thread Information