Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone here still waiting for the result of their visa application???....

Hi guys,

I know patience is a virtue esp about this visa thing. But am sure the waiting game is not that easy... Anyone still waiting for the result of their application esp those who lodged their application at VFS Cebu or Manila? Maybe sharing your story will help ease the anxiety

Here's my story:

I lodged my application (spouse visa) at VFS CEBU on 15th May, I didn't receive any email confirmation from VFS on that day, normally they send email confirmation few mins after submission of application. I waited a day for the email confirmation but nothing came, so I contacted UKVI Intern'l Enquiry service. In case someone wants to contact them here's the link :

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

Select Philippines on the drop down menu. Two options will show call us (of course not free of charge) and email form.

They normally answer your email enquiry after 3 working days.. So I will post the email from UKVI, it might be helpful to others regarding waiting/processing times.

Here's the email from UKVI:

"Dear Karen,

Thank you for contacting the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service. We understand that you would like to know about the status of your application to come to the UK. I have tracked the status of your application and found that it is waiting to be assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer. We will contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the consideration of your application. Each application is subject to an individual assessment and processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and wait for the processing to be completed. We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within 6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date; and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date. Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days. We provide country specific information regarding visa processing times on our website Gov.UK. The direct link is.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times.

We hope this is helpful. For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please refer to our website at.

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com.

Kind regards,
    Harsha Basu
    UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service"

Hopefully will hear something from them next month! . Hurry up June !!! C'mon July!!! Good luck!!!

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Hello Mrs McCann,

I'm still waiting for the result of my application too. I lodged mine on April 16th. I'm hoping to hear from them very soon.

Good luck to us.. God bless

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi, Mrs McCann

I lodged mine (fiancee) on May 27th at VFS, Manila and still waiting for a decision.

Hello everyone, my wife applied for my step daughter's visa on 28th April and we had an email the day after she submitted the application in Manila.

We are still playing the "waiting game". I hope we hear something soon.

Hello everyone!

Good luck to us and God bless. Hope one of us will hear from UKVI soon.

Please keep us posted guys, thank you

Hello everyone. Here's an update about my application which I lodged in VFS Manila on April 16th. I received a phone call from them on June 20th and they just want to assess my English ability. He phoned me at 3:15pm which lasted for 4 minutes. He said I will know the result next week.

Wish me luck guys. Thanks. GOD BLESS

Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post
    Hello everyone. Here's an update about my application which I lodged in VFS Manila on April 16th. I received a phone call from them on June 20th and they just want to assess my English ability. He phoned me at 3:15pm which lasted for 4 minutes. He said I will know the result next week.

Congrats in advance Cherrie...I'm sure u can hear a good news this week....

Hello everyone. Here's an update about my application which I lodged in VFS Manila on April 16th. I received a phone call from them on june 20th and they just want to assess my english ability. He phoned me at 3:15pm which lasted for 4minutes. He said I will know the result next week.

Thank you for the update lady Am excited for u! Wish u all the luck Cherrie, keep the faith. God bless us always

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Congrats in advance Cherrie...I'm sure u can hear a good news this week....
    Thank you, Sweetlove.. but nothing is certain yet. I'm crossing my fingers and toes though.

God bless

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmccann View Post
    Thank you for the update lady Am excited for u! Wish u all theluck Cherrie, keep the faith. God bless us always
    Thank you. I'm excited too. Good luck to you too and to everyone who's waiting. GOD BLESS

Hi Cherrie, always welcome. Good luck to us all in this "waiting game". God bless us always.

Hi Cherrie, always welcome. Good luck to us all in this "waiting game". God bless us always.

Everything will be fine

Think POSITIVEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Cherrie! May I know what are the questions they asked you? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Hi Cherrie! May I know what are the questions they asked you? Thanks
    Hi Alexis, first they asked me the name of my husband, how did we meet, my expectations about UK, will I work there. It's just a short conversation really.

Hows your application by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by ashca07 View Post
    Everything will be fine

Think POSITIVEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Ashca, thank you! We need that eh? nice to have someone like u in the thread to brighten the ambiance a bit coz sometimes we can't avoid being anxious for we all know how important the result is for us. Especially those people who suffered a lot being away from their loved ones, forced to separate miles away and suffered all the "-AL" aspects in life (financial, spritual, emotional and etc) just because of this visa requirements. Frankly, my husband and I are one of those sufferers.... but anway....
    Well, guys let's keep our chins up!!! I agree! THINK POSITIVE INDEED!!!! Good luck to us all!
    Last edited by mrsmccann; 24th June 2014 at 23:50. Reason: words missing

Hi Alexis, first they asked me the name of my husband, how did we meet, my expectations about UK, will I work there. It's just a short conversation really.

Hows your application by the way?
    Hi cherrie,up to now im still waiting :( The embassy asked for additional docs and submitted it 4 weeks ago, still no email from them. Do they contact the applicant first before they make a decision?

Congrats in advance to you!

Onto our 30'th working day now. To be honest, we have just put it out of our minds now as there is no point in stressing or emailing to check on the status, unless you enjoy reading automated responses

I'm sure once the visa arrives, you will wonder what you were worried about, and you will be well on your way from the land of 'waiting' to the land of 'queuing'.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisincebu View Post
    Onto our 30'th working day now. To be honest, we have just put it out of our minds now as there is no point in stressing or emailing to check on the status, unless you enjoy reading automated responses

I'm sure once the visa arrives, you will wonder what you were worried about, and you will be well on your way from the land of 'waiting' to the land of 'queuing'.

That's what we did as well! we lived like we were not waiting at all

Hi cherrie,up to now im still waiting :( The embassy asked for additional docs and submitted it 4 weeks ago, still no email from them. Do they contact the applicant first before they make a decision?

Congrats in advance to you!

Sometimes they will just email the applicant and will not make any call like Jen's case. She submitted ETS TOEIC certificate as well but they didnt call her. They will call you if they want to ask or clarify something.

I hope you will hear the good news from them soon. Just be more patient and pray.

Thanks, Im still waiting for their email. Nothing is sure yet until my passport is back.

God bless

Sometimes they will just email the applicant and will not make any call like Jen's case. She submitted ETS TOEIC certificate as well but they didn't call her. They will call you if they want to ask or clarify something.

I hope you will hear the good news from them soon. Just be more patient and pray.

Thanks, I'm still waiting for their email. Nothing is sure yet until my passport is back.

God bless
    Thanks Cherrie! Did the Embassy use UK or Philippine number when they called you?

Thanks Cherrie! Did the Embassy use UK or Philippine number when they called you?
    You're welcome. Its Phils number, Alexis.

Hi guys,

Got my passport with visa inside it an hour ago. Didnt receive any email update since I lodged my application and until the day they released my documents. This morning around 11am i received a txt msg from 2go that they got my documents and ready for delivery. Well I rushed to go the city to pick it up at our pharmacy. After 2hrs of travel am very happy with the result. Thank you guys!

Hi everyone ,
    Im still waiting.. I logged my application on the 20th of may 2014 at vfs manila. This 10th of july i received an email from manila deferrals team.. Was said that my application fall to be refused solely because we do not meet threshold requirement. He actually reached the financial requirement of £18,600. But the problem is we didn't know that ...

Partner with no children – £18,600.  1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.  2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.  3 children in addition to the partner – £27,200.

In my case i have 2 children.. We only present his 9months work pay . The reason why its only 9months is because he's going for a career break. From january 2013 up to august 06,2014. He'll be back to his teaching on 7 of august 2014.. We already submitted all they required.. And he has £30,000 a year.. I hope enough na ito ..

Quote Originally Posted by Kristh1801 View Post
    Hi everyone ,
    Im still waiting.. I logged my application on the 20th of may 2014 at vfs manila. This 10th of july i received an email from manila deferrals team.. Was said that my application fall to be refused solely because we do not meet threshold requirement. He actually reached the financial requirement of £18,600. But the problem is we didn't know that ...

Partner with no children – £18,600.  1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.  2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.  3 children in addition to the partner – £27,200.

In my case i have 2 children.. We only present his 9months work pay . The reason why its only 9months is because he's going for a career break. From january 2013 up to august 06,2014. He'll be back to his teaching on 7 of august 2014.. We already submitted all they required.. And he has £30,000 a year.. I hope enough na ito ..
    Hi Kristh,
    As we applicant, it is our full responsibility to thoroughly read the Rules if possible more than a hundred times in order to fully understand it... while we prepare our documents and other supporting documents we check, double check, etc ( i don't know how many times i checked mine). From there we can tell if we meet them all or not...

With regards to ur issue, i guess this is how i understand it for financial requirement:
    £18,600 (wife) + 6,200 (for 2 kids) =24,800. Then u have £30k for salary. I guess u should be fine. Providing u have submitted enough supporting documents to prove to them that u meet all the requirements.

I understand u if this makes u stress. The "waiting game" is not easy for us applicants we've been there too.

Think positive! Pray always and God will do the rest!

Good luck to your application
    Last edited by mrsmccann; 21st July 2014 at 23:46. Reason: wrong word

Hi guys,

Got my passport with visa inside it an hour ago. Didnt receive any email update since I lodged my application and until the day they released my documents. This morning around 11am i received a txt msg from 2go that they got my documents and ready for delivery. Well I rushed to go the city to pick it up at our pharmacy. After 2hrs of travel am very happy with the result. Thank you guys!
    Thanks for this thread mrsmccann
    I just submitted my documents at VFS a week ago and seeing you guys here in the forum gives us new applicants less anxiety.

Congratulations by the way for getting the visa. I'm guessing the 'feeling of excitement' isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Thanks for this thread mrsmccann
    I just submitted my documents at VFS a week ago and seeing you guys here in the forum gives us new applicants less anxiety.

Congratulations by the way for getting the visa. I'm guessing the 'feeling of excitement' isn't over yet.
    Hi Anne,

Thanks a lot and thanks a lot to other members too! Oh, about that feeling of excitement, def not over yet!

Anyway, good luck to your application. Keep the faith! Be positive.
    If you don't mind pls keep us posted. Thanks

Hi Anne,

Thanks a lot and thanks a lot to other members too! Oh, about that feeling of excitement, def not over yet!

Anyway, good luck to your application. Keep the faith! Be positive.
    If you don't mind pls keep us posted. Thanks
    Oh yes. Thanks. Will certainly give you guys an update. I owe you that much in getting very useful info in my application process. Wish I could provide help also to new applicants.

Can't wait to start a "success thread"

HI guys, i lodge my papers in VFS Cebu last July 15 and last week we received an email from Manila deferrals team asking 3 more requirements,and only giving us 10 working days to comply all the requirements.. i phoned our agency and asked for help and my fiance fr the 2 documents, the agency will send it today via LBC and hopefully well hear a good news very soon....

Keep Praying
    Think positive
    be positive
    And positive things will happen

Quote Originally Posted by jaashforyou View Post
    HI guys, i lodge my papers in VFS Cebu last July 15 and last week we received an email from Manila deferrals team asking 3 more requirements,and only giving us 10 working days to comply all the requirements.. i phoned our agency and asked for help and my fiance fr the 2 documents, the agency will send it today via LBC and hopefully well hear a good news very soon....

Keep Praying
    Think positive
    be positive
    And positive things will happen
    I wish you luck jaashforyou
    I submitted our documents July 16th and got my visa approved after 20 calendar days.

Visa Application Lodged!

Hi guys! I finally lodged my spouse visa application last August 13 and i am now playing the 'waiting game' Incredible how much work was necessary to get things organized! I can understand some people just simply hire migration agents/agency to do all the work.

I would like to thank you guys for sharing info & tips. You all are awesome!
    "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."~ Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information