Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Is it wedding season in UK?

My fiancé is having a hard time booking a schedule of giving notice, he will try Manchester later on and see if it's possible to have an August wedding as I really don't like September but he said it's quite impossible and our wedding is 90% will fall on September. He had called Liverpool and was told that the earliest available schedule in giving notice to them will be mid August.

Hmm ... ... September's often better weatherwise!

Respected Member
    I got married in September the weather was fairly warm and sunny but a bit windy.

Yeah but personally I don't like the September month coz 3 of my relatives died in month of September and way back 2008 I was admitted in the hospital for the whole September month and almost died.

Trusted Member
    Neither do I.

It means I'm a year older.

He probably doesn't want to miss the start of the season

Trusted Member
    Yes, us men see things differently I'm afraid.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I'm sure September will be fine!

Hello!! So a British marrying a foreign has to go to designated register offices in our case we can go either Liverpool or Manchester to give notice. Liverpool said that their earliest they can book us will be mid august so I asked my fiancé if he could book us in Manchester to give notice, so we have the schedule now of giving notice and it will be mid July. Just want to clarify, we will give notice ion Manchester and we will have our wedding in St. Helens, that's fine am I correct?

But the uk gov website confused me

"You can only give notice at a register office if you have lived in the registration district for at least the past 7 days." Does it literally mean that my fiancé and I have to live in Manchester? Or is newton le willows still part of the "district" of Manchester?

It also requires us to bring proof of billing, is it fine that my name is not included on the bill yet? If so, then it will just my fiancé's proof of address? How am I going to prove the address where I live?

Also, I got my CENOMAR January 2014, do you think it's still okay to use until I get married? Or would they require me to get a new one?

Sorry for the questions but I just want to clarify

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Hello!! So a British marrying a foreign has to go to designated register offices in our case we can go either Liverpool or Manchester to give notice. Liverpool said that their earliest they can book us will be mid august so I asked my fiancé if he could book us in Manchester to give notice, so we have the schedule now of giving notice and it will be mid July. Just want to clarify, we will give notice ion Manchester and we will have our wedding in St. Helens, that's fine am I correct?

But the uk gov website confused me

"You can only give notice at a register office if you have lived in the registration district for at least the past 7 days." Does it literally mean that my fiancé and I have to live in Manchester? Or is newton le willows still part of the "district" of Manchester?

It also requires us to bring proof of billing, is it fine that my name is not included on the bill yet? If so, then it will just my fiancé's proof of address? How am I going to prove the address where I live?

Also, I got my CENOMAR January 2014, do you think it's still okay to use until I get married? Or would they require me to get a new one?

Sorry for the questions but I just want to clarify

I can't help you on this Jen... it's just that our wedding date was booked in the Registry Office here in Bedford 6 months before the intended wedding. It was my husband who organised it all. I don't know how he did it but when I applied for my Fiancée Visa in Nov 2011, we already had the official confirmation of our wedding day(April 07,2012) from the Registry Office(I even already had the hall/room picture where the wedding ceremony was being held) so as the wedding reception booking. Then when I arrived here, as I can vaguely remember, we went somewhere not here in Bedford for an interview and to pay the wedding administrative-related fees, then days afterwards, we received some paper stuffs from them.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    My fiancé is having a hard time booking a schedule of giving notice, he will try Manchester later on and see if it's possible to have an August wedding as I really don't like September but he said it's quite impossible and our wedding is 90% will fall on September. He had called Liverpool and was told that the earliest available schedule in giving notice to them will be mid August.
    June is mostly brides fav month as they want to be June Brides. If I were you, book the nearest date your husband can get. If you're on a Fiancee Visa the least you can think of is to dislike September. Do not forget time will start as soon as the visa is valid and believe me time flies so fast that you won't notice, a month to go before you can send your FLR (M).

I arrived June 2012 on a Fiancee Visa and the nearest date we could get for our wedding is October, 4 months of wait and preparation, 4 months wasted but we can't do anything about that. We had our honeymoon the next year. By the time the wedding's finished we worked on sending FLR (M) straightaway.

If you have a Manchester postcode you'll be Ok. Otherwise, use the Registrar's Office within the Postcode Area you live in!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I don't think CENOMAR will be needed here in the UK. I didn't present mine when we went to the registry office. I presented my passport with the visa and birth certificate. About the proof of address, I can't recall what I presented. Although I was already living a couple of months in the UK when we went to the registry office to pay the necessary fees, but the registry office was already informed about the intended wedding date before I even got my visa. So by that time, I already had a letter from the GP and NHS card after I registered.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Postcode of Manchester is M.

St. Helens is W.

He booked July 21st to give notice in Manchester. And will have our wedding on August 16 in St. Helens

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    I can't help you on this Jen... it's just that our wedding date was booked in the Registry Office here in Bedford 6 months before the intended wedding. It was my husband who organised it all. I don't know how he did it but when I applied for my Fiancée Visa in Nov 2011, we already had the official confirmation of our wedding day(April 07,2012) from the Registry Office(I even already had the hall/room picture where the wedding ceremony was being held) so as the wedding reception booking. Then when I arrived here, as I can vaguely remember, we went somewhere not here in Bedford for an interview and to pay the wedding administrative-related fees, then days afterwards, we received some paper stuffs from them.
    I think that's the giving notice thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I don't think CENOMAR will be needed here in the UK. I didn't present mine when we went to the registry office. I presented my passport with the visa and birth certificate. About the proof of address, I can't recall what I presented. Although I was already living a couple of months in the UK when we went to the registry office to pay the necessary fees, but the registry office was already informed about the intended wedding date before I even got my visa. So by that time, I already had a letter from the GP and NHS card after I registered.
    Am I already eligible for GP and NHS

Because basically I will be arriving in UK 2nd of July and giving notice on 21st of July. What are the things that can be done in that span? Fiancé said he can already add my name on his bills however we can't get bills yet because that's after a month.

Yes ... I think you're eligible to register with a GP and receive NHS treatment as the fiancee of a British citizen.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

But, of course, it won't be permissible to undertake employment - either paid or on a voluntary basis - until after you've been granted FLR(M).

Trusted Member
    Maybe you can have your GP registration posted to your address. There's your proof of address ?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    YES.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Postcode of Manchester is M.

St. Helens is W.
    Warrington!

Oh so we have to give notice in Warrington instead? Oh no, we've already booked our appointment in Manchester!

Respected Member
    Oh so we have to give notice in Warrington instead? Oh no, we've already booked our appointment in Manchester!
    Jen your appointment in Manchester is right not in Warington.

No you don't have to give notice in Warrington, I just stated that 'W' was Warrington postcode Jen!

Cool. We've got our wedding schedule now, 30th of August. Just really thankful that it's not September lol. Thank you for the answers! There are lots to come for sure hihi xxx

Cool. We've got our wedding schedule now, 30th of August. Just really thankful that it's not September lol. Thank you for the answers! There are lots to come for sure hihi xxx
    's GREAT ... and ... ... if you weren't happy about getting married in September - for the reasons you've since outlined - then it makes sense to avoid that month for such an important, lifechanging event.

Thread Information