Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hi All

Hi All

1 year and one day after physically meeting for the first time my beautiful Filipino Fiancée arrived in the UK

The waiting period for the Fiancée visa wasn't too bad at 10 weeks but the compilation of all of the data took what seemed forever. The reason for this was because I owned my own company and had to submit bank statements not only for me personally for 2 years because I receive my salary by way of dividends but also for the company as well :(

I then took BOTH sets to Manila so that Merlyn could take them in to the Visa application centre .... a total of 13Kgs

During this waiting period we were both missing each other terribly so I went out there to see her but decided that it would be worth applying for the CFO whilst we were in Manila (She comes from Surigao )

The day before we went to the CFO centre we got an email saying her passport / Visa were ready for collection so we delayed the trip to the CFO by 24 hours and collected the visa and passport and 7Kgs of visa application documents

After discussion it was decided that Merlyn would need a week to tidy up her affairs / say her goodbyes etc so I came home and then flew back a week later to say cheerio to her family and to bring her home

We have now been a UK couple since the 29th and we are both loving it, a far cry from 3 hours a day on Skype every day since May 17th last year and thousands of whatsapp messages / Viber calls

Busy time for you BOTH, eh?

to the "been there ... done that" club ... and best wishes to you and Merlyn for your future together.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations and good luck for the future!

Nice introduction mesmo

Welcome aboard Filipino UK

All best wishes for a shining future together

Many congrats

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum, and all the best to you both for the future.

You will get used to the jealousy of your mates....and complete strangers.

Thread Information