Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar

Omega Flight Store

Fiancé already booked my flight through Skyscanner which directed him to Omega Flight store. I'm seeing bad reviews about it. May I know anyone here who experience booking online through Omega Flight store?

We got 387 gbp for Etihad

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Fiancé already booked my flight through Skyscanner which directed him to Omega Flight Store. I'm seeing bad reviews about it. May I know anyone here who experience booking online through Omega Flight Store?
    Hi Jen, have used Skyscanner myself no problems, they seem to be very reliable and the number of problems related to bad reviews is only a fraction of the millions of successful deals people have found.

If your BF has booked by credit card he will be covered against financial loss anyway you will be fine.....

Never used Skyscanner but have checked prices on there a few times and they normally match the other sites I have tried so should be ok.

£387 is a great price, even if only one way.

Skyscanner is just a comparison site that directs you to an agent. As far as Omega Flight Store is concerned, I've done some searching on them and their reputation isn't exactly brilliant, sounds like they're a cheap bucket shop agent.
    As others have said, did he book by credit card?
    Have you got a flight booking reference?
    Get him to phone Etihad and confirm the booking

Hopefully everything will be ok, and there's nothing to worry about

He paid it using his debit card,

And I'm waiting for the confirmation

You are not covered using a debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    You are not covered using a debit card.

Depends on the card Les, mine is a standard debit card but it does have the Visa symbol in the top right hand corner which does give you some cover

Credit card or Visa debit card is OK for added protection

I only use comparison sites to find the cheapest airline, then book direct with the airline. This is what the majority of people do, as if a problem occurs, you are not dealing with a middleman.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Trusted Member
    I do the same Keith.

Including both of my last two flights (Etihad and Emirates).

All done electronically too, including booking my seat preference and printing out my boarding passes for inbound and outbound flights.

I received the confirmation, it says that it is my e-ticket. What's the next step?

Your e-ticket is your ticket! Strongly advise checking in online - saves hours of queues especially at NAIA!

I received the confirmation, it says that it is my e-ticket. What's the next step?
    Print your e-ticket and confirmation

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo23232 View Post
    Your e-ticket is your ticket! Strongly advise checking in online - saves hours of queues especially at NAIA!
    Agree !

3 people in front of me at the online check-in desk at NAIA, coming home last week.

'Normal' queue next to me was about 100 yards long.

I had stored all my flight doc PDFs in my 'dropbox' online storage, accessible from my tablet in the Phils, but just nipped down the street to the local internet cafe to have my actual (return flight) boarding pass printed out. Cost 30 pesos.

Banned
    Like Graham says stash the .pdf file on some cloud storage, google drive etc etc . Leave the email of it on your phone/comp/tablet and don't delete it off the server. TBH my wife's online check in at LHR with Cathay was no faster because the supervising goons were directing normal and online into the same communal queue

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo23232 View Post

Sorry it will be my first time to go inside the airport, fiance said I have to go to Etihad desk to show my eticket, how about checking in online? How am I going to do that?

Banned
    Sorry it will be my first time to go inside the airport, fiance said I have to go to Etihad desk to show my eticket, how about checking in online? How am I going to do that?
    You can do it from 24 hours before departure - read up here

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-...eck-in-online/

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    You can do it from 24 hours before departure - read up here

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-...eck-in-online/
    On the website it says:

About Check-in online

Fly with Etihad and enjoy a hassle-free journey. Provided your flight is operated by Etihad Airways (not a codeshare partner), you can check-in online from 24 hours to 2 hours before departure.

What do they mean with (codeshare partner)?

And on website:

Form of Identification

The following forms of identification can be used:

PNR (Booking Reference Number): 6 digit alpha-numeric booking reference (Etihad Airways PNR) located on your Itinerary. (e.g. YIJHDZ)
    Etihad Guest Number: 12 digit number ( e.g. 100013753546)

The only codes I am seeing on my confirmation tickets are:

Main Booking reference: OCL***
    Airline Booking reference: BLQ***
    Ticket number passenger: 607**********

Respected Member
    Does your ticket include travel tax? Boarding passes for regular check in aren't given until travel tax is paid. Codeshare partner means the flight from Manila to Abu Dhabi could be operated by another airline like Philippine Airlines.

Banned
    Jen

You are flying with Etihad not another airline who codeshares with them. They'll want your name as it appears on the reservation. The PNR number will be your main booking ref or perhaps the airline booking ref if they're both 6 digit alphanumeric you can try both to see which one works. I guess the Etihad Guest Number may well be the ticket number (is yours 12 digits) ? You could always email them your query. Graham will know he's done it

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    Does your ticket include travel tax? Boarding passes for regular check in aren't given until travel tax is paid. Codeshare partner means the flight from Manila to Abu Dhabi could be operated by another airline like Philippine Airlines

Hello, I am seeing on my confirmation the tax costs 112 GBP. So I think that's it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Jen

You are flying with Etihad not another airline who codeshares with them. They'll want your name as it appears on the reservation. The PNR number will be your main booking ref or perhaps the airline booking ref if they're both 6 digit alphanumeric you can try both to see which one works. I guess the Etihad Guest Number may well be the ticket number (is yours 12 digits) ? You could always email them your query. Graham will know he's done it
    Ticket number has 13 digits

Respected Member
    Hello, I am seeing on my confirmation the tax costs 112 GBP. So I think that's it?
    Travel tax is 1,620 peso - usually paid before check in at airport - def not 112 GBP

Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    Travel tax is 1,620 peso - usually paid before check in at airport - def not 112 GBP
    Oh, i thought you meant the Travel Tax (tax of the airlines)

Well I am aware of the fees that I have to pay in the airport.

So if that tax that you were saying isn't yet included with my ticket payment, won't they give me a boarding pass if I check in online?

Hi Jen,

That £112 Travel Tax will just be part of a breakdown the cost, there should be other fees there as well which if you add them up will come to the cost of the ticket
    Your e-ticket is your ticket so you should't have any extra fees to the airline.

Airlines 'codeshare' with other airlines, in the case of Etihad they codeshare with these airlines http://www.etihad.com/en-us/about-us/our-partners/
    I'm fairly sure none of them operate out of Manila, but the easiest way to check is by looking at your flight number, if it's an Etihad flight operated by Etihad your flight number will be EY**** either 3 or 4 numbers after the EY

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Oh, i thought you meant the Travel Tax (tax of the airlines)

Well I am aware of the fees that I have to pay in the airport.

So if that tax that you were saying isn't yet included with my ticket payment, won't they give me a boarding pass if I check in online?
    What you have to do is check in online within 24 hours and it should give you a confirmation and the e-ticket you need to print after. Then on the day of your flight, in the airport, you will have to go to the airlines' desk with "Check In Online" (airlines usually have a separate queue for the ones that has checked in online so ask questions in case you can't see it) and they will give you your boarding pass. The terminal fee and travel tax (PHP 550 + PHP 1620) will have to be paid first when you get to the airport, so just ask where the area for that is. You can go to the airlines' desk first if you want and they will tell you where to go.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    BUT....advisable to select your seat (refer to their website) ASAP, if you prefer a particular one.

Don't forget to to select a seat for each section of the journey...there and back, for those with return tickets.

The reference number you need to type into the Etihad website is your RESERVATION CODE.

Your e-ticket should have been emailed to you. Print one or two copies off, but dont delete the email. Treat the printed e-ticket as a normal airticket. You will need to show it to gain access to NAIA.

Use online check- in the day before your flight.
    Just go through the requirements on their website. They will then generate the boarding pass(es), which you can print from their page.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    What you have to do is check in online within 24 hours and it should give you a confirmation and the e-ticket you need to print after. Then on the day of your flight, in the airport, you will have to go to the airlines' desk with "Check In Online" (airlines usually have a separate queue for the ones that has checked in online so ask questions in case you can't see it) and they will give you your boarding pass. The terminal fee and travel tax (PHP 550 + PHP 1620) will have to be paid first when you get to the airport, so just ask where the area for that is. You can go to the airlines' desk first if you want and they will tell you where to go.
    the terminal fee would be paid after check in and getting boarding pass

I used Omega on my last trip without any problems although I was unaware they had a poor rep. I did phone them up before I went and a guy from the Indian subcontinent answered but it took about five minutes to get an answer as I couldn't understand him plus he sounded very distant.

Iv used Omega several times over the years, never had a problem, in fact they are the first website I visit when I am looking for Flights.

Thread Information