Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Work Permit/Visa Permit??

Hello everyone

Would my husband be eligible to work in the Philippines if we move there? He has a European passport.

Thank you!

No. The only way he can work is self employed, running a business over the internet etc. There are a few exceptions but only a few.

Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    Hello everyone

Would my husband be eligible to work in the Philippines if we move there? He has a European passport.

Thank you!
    As a foreigner he'd need to secure an Alien Employment Permit to be eligible to legally work.

Even if he got that AEP he'd be competing with locals for any job he applied for and would be paid just the same as they'd get paid.

If he'd be happy to work within a fast food outlet or say a shop sales assistant I reckon he might reach the dizzy heights of earning between $8-$12 a day

To present a competitive edge he'd also need to be the holder of a 4 year college degree, be under 26 years old and with pleasing personality.

Basically, Working as an employee isn't a option for most foreigners and would certainly test your marital relationship.

Ideally, a transfer of employment assignment from a European employer under an Ex-Pat package would be the ideal way to go.

Self-employment is another thing. Just as example, teaching call center workers how to improve their accent might be a possibility.
    Becoming a volunteer worker would likely be a more satisfying way to fill his time provided there was other income streams into the household.

I doubt your husband is of the right age but the Special Resident Retiree visa (SRRV) does offer employment options

Here's a link to the Bureau of Local Employment's webpage called - FAQ's for Alien Employment Permit (AEP)

Here's a link to a Checklist of Requirements for Alien Employment Permit

Here's a link to a Philippine Retirement Authority SRRV

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As a foreigner he'd need to secure an Alien Employment Permit to be eligible to legally work.

Even if he got that AEP he'd be competing with locals for any job he applied for and would be paid just the same as they'd get paid.

If he'd be happy to work within a fast food outlet or say a shop sales assistant I reckon he might reach the dizzy heights of earning between $8-$12 a day

To present a competitive edge he'd also need to be the holder of a 4 year college degree, be under 26 years old and with pleasing personality.

Basically, Working as an employee isn't a option for most foreigners and would certainly test your marital relationship.

Ideally, a transfer of employment assignment from a European employer under an Ex-Pat package would be the ideal way to go.

Self-employment is another thing. Just as example, teaching call center workers how to improve their accent might be a possibility.
    Becoming a volunteer worker would likely be a more satisfying way to fill his time provided there was other income streams into the household.

I doubt your husband is of the right age but the Special Resident Retiree visa (SRRV) does offer employment options

Here's a link to the Bureau of Local Employment's webpage called - FAQ's for Alien Employment Permit (AEP)

Here's a link to a Checklist of Requirements for Alien Employment Permit

Here's a link to a Philippine Retirement Authority SRRV
    Hello Terpe

My husband has been working self employed for many years, the reason why I asked this question is because there might be a possibility that the company he is currently working here in London might send him to Philippines. It is an IT job..I honestly don't know the rules in Philippines when it comes to visa/migration..we just want to be ready in case it will happen

Kind regards,

Analou

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    If the company will send him to the Philippines, they should be shouldering his work visas or whatever is needed for him to be able to work there. I had foreign officemates (well they are usually bosses/managers) that worked in our office in Makati and I believe it's either they were hired from overseas and sent to Manila or they're already living in Manila. I used to work in the IT Industry too.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by ana07cutiepie View Post
    Hello Terpe

My husband has been working self employed for many years, the reason why I asked this question is because there might be a possibility that the company he is currently working here in London might send him to Philippines. It is an IT job..I honestly don't know the rules in Philippines when it comes to visa/migration..we just want to be ready in case it will happen

Kind regards,

Analou
    That's the best route.
    He'll still need to be in possession of an AEP

As Rayna has said, his Employers should process everything smoothly.......lucky man IMO

Thread Information