Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yes or No?

Banned
    I think that's the right approach - hit them from all angles

Today's update:-

Dear Mr Harrison,

Thank you for your email in regard to the refusal notice for entry clearance for Ms Soliman. I am sure Theresa would appreciate your concerns about this.

We would be happy to arrange an advice surgery appointment however, I should mention that we do currently have a waiting list. If you would like to be placed on the list, please do let me know and I will ask my colleague Jenny, who arranges Theresa’s surgeries, to do this. Alternatively, we could look into this matter almost immediately if we are to raise it in writing.

I hope this is helpful and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Charlotte Adams

Office of The Rt Hon Theresa May MP

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I blame Blair and Indian sub continent abuse of the system. Bad news, I hope it gets sorted
    Unfortunately it is this government that made the rules. We all have to abide by them whether you're a Tory voter or not. Just supply them with the information they need and you will get the visa.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Today's update:-

Dear Mr Harrison,

Thank you for your email in regard to the refusal notice for entry clearance for Ms Soliman. I am sure Theresa would appreciate your concerns about this.

We would be happy to arrange an advice surgery appointment however, I should mention that we do currently have a waiting list. If you would like to be placed on the list, please do let me know and I will ask my colleague Jenny, who arranges Theresa’s surgeries, to do this. Alternatively, we could look into this matter almost immediately if we are to raise it in writing.

I hope this is helpful and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Charlotte Adams

You will get the same answer as I got Simon when I contacted my MP.

Rules are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    You will get the same answer as I got Simon when I contacted my MP.

Rules are rules.
    What reply did you get Andy?

Oh I had a nice letter from my MP from the House of Commons on headed paper. He just said the rules are rules. They wont help you.

Banned
    Just supply them with the information they need and you will get the visa.
    Well in this case more than enough information would seem to have been supplied. Read posts 48 & 55

Oh I had a nice letter from my MP from the house of commons on headed paper. He just said the rules are rules. They wont help you.
    Strange, last time I asked I had a full explanation both from the Home Office and the Clearance Officer in Manila, a Ms Lee and after examining the application I could see that mistakes had been made. This time I went through everything with Ivy with a fine tooth comb so I would have thought that that they will keep to their word and re-examine the application.

I'll keep you updated as to whether my MP does what she can

All the best Simon and I mean that. If it wasn't for Terpe, I don't think my wife would be here now. It's stressful but you will get through it. I think you will agree its just a money making scheme.

Strange, last time I asked I had a full explanation both from the Home Office and the Clearance Officer in Manila, a Ms Lee and after examining the application I could see that mistakes had been made. This time I went through everything with Ivy with a fine tooth comb so I would have thought that that they will keep to their word and re-examine the application.
    I'll keep you updated as to whether my MP does what she can
    I had a full explanation. Telling me what I already knew. I just answered you what the letter amounted to. Rules are rules and everybody has to obey them.

All the best Simon and I mean that. If it wasn't for Terpe, I don't think my wife would be here now. It's stressful but you will get through it. I think you will agree its just a money making scheme.

Appreciate the sincerity, and for once we are in total agreement

I've heard but not verified yet that the budget for processing visa applications used to be £2.4 Billion but this has been cut to £1.6 Billion, yes that's not a typing error I did say Billion.

Now, I wonder how they try and make up the shortfall of £800 Million Hence my request for the statistics I asked for under the Freedom of Information Act

Okay, things are progressing

Just had this back:-

Dear Mr Harrison,

Thank you for your email confirming your preferred action.

I confirm we have raised this matter with Sarah Rapson, Director General, UK Visas and Immigration. We stressed the circumstances of this case and that Ms Soliman’s third application has been refused. We stressed you would fully support her during her stay and pay for her return travel.

We included a copy of your correspondence asking the Entry Clearance Officer could look again at the decision in light of the concerns raised.

I hope this is helpful and we will, of course, keep you informed of the response we receive.

Best wishes,

Charlotte Adams

What a palaver. But at least you're getting somewhere.

Banned
    What a palaver. But at least you're getting somewhere.
    The difference between having an MP who serves the constituents rather than an apparatchik such as Bungling Bob Ainsworth, Shabana Mahmood etc voted in by lemmings who toes the party line

Obviously the MPs are going to pull out all the stops with a year to go to the next elections. But it won't get them anywhere.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    It's a step forward!

I've heard but not verified yet that the budget for processing visa applications used to be £2.4 Billion but this has been cut to £1.6 Billion, yes that's not a typing error I did say Billion.
    Now, I wonder how they try and make up the shortfall of £800 Million Hence my request for the statistics I asked for under the Freedom of Information Act

By cutting 1000's of staff and

In 2012-13, the UK Border
    Agency‟s total spend was £1,576
    million resource and £141 million capital. The total resource spend was funded
    by £614 million of taxpayer funding and £962
    million from income,including £927 million from fees from migrant applications
    If you think they are making money from refusing visit visas you're wrong. The fact is, it costs over £140 to process an application and only costs you around £80, so the gov has lost £60 on each application. , they make their money on Settlement Visas, and yes - make money out of refusing them

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._2013.2.25.pdf

You've kicked up a fuss, so its possible she will get her visa , I've had to do it and others on here - who were refused but complained - got their visa in the end

It's sad it has to be like this for genuine cases but you have to partly blame the who abused the visit visa making it more difficult for genuine cases.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

It's a good job it's being looked at from this end because I just had an email in response to my original request from UK Visa and Immigration at the British embassy in Manila stating that they couldn't answer my questions because of the data protection act, and Ivy hadn't signed anything to say I was authorised to act on her behalf

In my haste I may have over reacted a little and replied thus:-

To whom it may concern,

I’m glad to see you’re being as efficient in dealing with this request as you are in dealing with the visa application! If you would care to scroll down and read the complete email I'm sure that even you can see that I have dealt with a Ms Lee and a Ms Po already in this matter and am therefore an authorised representative.
    I would appreciate it if you could pass this matter onto someone with at least some modicum of common sense, rather than just sending pre formatted reply.
    Many thanks for your proof of your usual ineptness, I’ll have great pleasure in printing it out to show my MP.

Sincerely

I'll await their response

Banned
    You couldn't make it up - further proof of the faceless inept bureaucrats who infest the public sector

Its your government in the Home Office, Ded. Never forget you're just a number like the rest of us. Goes to prove just because you vote Tory, you don't get any special favours. Like Joe says, they have cut back too much and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Banned
    It's your government in the Home Office, Ded. Never forget you're just a number like the rest of us. Goes to prove just because you vote Tory, you don't get any special favours. Like Joe says, they have cut back too much and if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    Why should anyone get any special favours the public sector is there to serve all of us equally - are you sure you're not getting confused with self serving leftists falling into trough feeding non jobs in the public and charity sector ?

I thought you were well in with Mrs May, Ded. I thought you would have sent an email on Simon's behalf.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information