Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Exclamation Still Waiting....

It's now 50 days since I submitted my daughters settlement application and still it hasn't been assessed yet accdg to UKVI..has anyone here who submitted their application last week of March heard anything on their application..kind of worrying now...:

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    I lodged mine 2nd of April and just got an email from UKVI

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

Quote Originally Posted by Aleesa View Post
    It's now 50 days since I submitted my daughters settlement application and still it hasn't been assessed yet accdg to UKVI..has anyone here who submitted their application last week of March heard anything on their application..kind of worrying now...:
    Hi there Aleesa me and my daughter lodged our application to vfs last March 20 but still no email from them. I know it's difficult to wait this long but I am hopeful that it will come very soon now

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"
    congrats jen.... job well done also for you... when are you planning to fly? me, im flying with saudi airlines on july 3 . if you want we can fly together hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    congrats jen.... job well done also for you... when are you planning to fly? me, im flying with saudi airlines on july 3 . if you want we can fly together hehehe
    Im surely gonna be so paranoid this weekend as I haven't seen my passport yet. Agony.

Dont wanna assume first, my fiancee and I are both really nervous. HAHAHAH. Will get back to you when i got the confirmed visa. Labyu xx

Im surely gonna be so paranoid this weekend as I haven't seen my passport yet. Agony.

Dont wanna assume first, my fiancee and I are both really nervous. HAHAHAH. Will get back to you when i got the confirmed visa. Labyu xx
    You are good Jen. I had that email twice during my visit visa and it's an automated email when your visa is approved. You should be happy by now.. The long wait is finally over

Is there any instance that they got that message but they got a refused visa application?
    When I got the refusal of my marriage visitor visa, they texted me saying "your processed visa application is ready for collection"

Oh gosh, I am too pessimisstic, dont wanna put my hopes up!! But help me to pray!

Is there any instance that they got that message but they got a refused visa application?
    When I got the refusal of my marriage visitor visa, they texted me saying "your processed visa application is ready for collection"

Oh gosh, I am too pessimisstic, dont wanna put my hopes up!! But help me to pray!
    If it's the vfs who emailed you alone then you should be doubtful. That email you got is from the ukba hub... Anyway, I think it's better to wait till you see your passport eh.. Congratulations though

calm down because im pretty sure 100% their is a visa on your passport. steve_mike just recieved his passport with visa earlier. so relax dont stress yourself too much ,,x

its from UKVI-Manila Visa Hub

Fiance is crying lol. and I am tooo!!!! :( :(

its from UKVI-Manila Visa Hub

Fiance is crying lol. and I am tooo!!!! :( :(
    Sorry I mean Ukvi Manila hub... Ahh that sweet I'm sure it's tears of joy, you will be together soon now and you will be happy.. Then you can plan for the that big day. I'm happy for you two x x

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Congratulations sweetheart you have got it, never known any instance with those words "YOUR VISA WILL BE DISPATCHED SHORTLY" and the outcome has been negative well done...............

Congrats Jen!

Earlier today, the missus received an email with the below message.

“Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI”

And just now, received another email with this

“The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF030****** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 6/9/2014 2:44 PM .
    If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.
    If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.
    Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email".

Does this mean? Actually, I don't want to think lest I go crazy. Best to be prudent and just wait a few more days. After all, I managed to not stress myself with worry the last 10 weeks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by apolaki View Post
    ......Does this mean? Actually, I don't want to think lest I go crazy. Best to be prudent and just wait a few more days. After all, I managed to not stress myself with worry the last 10 weeks :-)
    The message from Manila Hub tells it all "Your visa will be despatched shortly".
    Whereas you right to be prudent and wait until you hold the passport and visa to be 100% sure I've not known anyone here to receive that message who hasn't been granted the visa.
    As is stated, it's an automated message........if the ECO pressed the wrong button in error that's the only reason not to 100% confident.

With that said, I'll offer congratulations and say well done

We've had quite a few winners these past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

With that said, I'll offer congratulations and say well done

We've had quite a few winners these past couple of weeks.
    Thank you.

Visa received today

Hi there Jentobeharrison! I received a similar email yesterday. I see that you posted 4 days ago. So I j ust wanted to ask, did you get your passport and visa back already? The email did say, "can normally be collected" after 3 days... just wondering when I should visit VFS to collect mine. I did not subscribe to delivery service so I must go and collect the visa personally.

This is from the email I received yesterday. It looks like good news, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    This is from the email I received yesterday. It looks like good news, doesn't it?

Congrats Danny ,,, just wait till the vfs email u .. When is your plan to travel ?
    Last edited by sweetlove; 11th June 2014 at 04:57. Reason: Wrong spelling

Visa and passport are in my hands now. Wait for vfs to send you another email

Thank you, sweetlove! Hope that second email will come in soon!

Thank you Jentobeharrison. Yes, hopefully I will be able to post another good news here today. That is when that second email comes in! Oh second email, come to mama now hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post

Well done and many congratulations ....... you did it

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Well done and many congratulations ....... you did it
    Thank you Terpe!

I remember my first post here. It was about annulment. I was so worried at the time and was on the verge of just giving up. Today is so far from all of those dark days! Thank you for this community. It has been a lot of help to people like me. Seeing good news from members that had successful endings in their visa application has cheered me up each time and helped ease my mind somehow. We will be celebrating in the UK very soon! Hurray!

Thread Information