Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Help Please

Help Please

I know the information is all here in black and white but I can't seem to get my head round it. I get bogged down with it all, the "big words and fancy names". lol Basically, I want to get married to my Phils gf in Gensan around the middle of August. Would really like someone to give me a step by step guide to what I need to do as the time is getting closer. Is it true I don't need to get the British version of the CNI?. So I don't need to visit the register here in the uk ?

I have already booked my appointment with the British Embassy in Manila a few months ago. Could someone pls advise me to what my next step would be and what documents me and my gf will need.

Do I just print this out and fill it in? the AFFIDAVIT and the AFFIRMATION

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...March_2014.pdf

What else would be needed at the British Embassy

Birth Certifcate and this

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx?

LIke I say, I know all the information is on this website already but I'm just worried I'm gonna get something wrong or forget something. Don't want to make any mistakes, so if someone could help me i would really appreciate it..

Thanks in advanced

Quote Originally Posted by lilbasuk View Post
    I have already booked my appointment with the British Embassy in Manila a few months ago. Could someone pls advise me as to what my next step would be and what documents me and my gf will need.

Do i just print this out and fill it in? the AFFIDAVIT and the AFFIRMATION

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...March_2014.pdf

What else would be needed at the British Embassy?

Birth Certifcate and this

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx?
    Hi

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...he-philippines

I have checked the links you provided above. I think all the information is in there already (documents needed etc).

... just a little reminder: Don't forget to bring ''extra'' valid ID's on your scheduled appointment with the British Embassy in Manila.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hi

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...he-philippines

I have checked the links you provided above. I think all the information is in there already (documents needed etc).

... just a little reminder: Don't forget to bring ''extra'' valid ID's on your scheduled appointment with the British Embassy in Manila.
    What extra ID's do u think I should take as I dont drive?

What extra ID's do u think I should take as I dont drive?
    ... like you, I don't drive. However, in case your passport on its own isn't considered acceptable for ID (though it ought to be, IMO!) I would suggest either an up-to-date Council Tax Statement, Bank Book or official letter/document of some sort - you've received recently.

's really all I can think of "off the cuff" ... but others here may be able to offer further useful suggestions.

cheers arthur, somthing like a payslip from work maybe? Do i still need to visit the local registar over here to get my notice of marriged posted? All this is confusing me, just dont wanna make any mistakes and leave it to chance. Will be upsetting if i cant marry for a simple administration reason that ive overlooked.

Cheers Arthur, something like a payslip from work maybe?
    Good ... ... something I'd overlooked with me having retired many years ago.

Do i still need to visit the local registrar over here to get my notice of marriage posted? All this is confusing me, just dont wanna make any mistakes and leave it to chance. Will be upsetting if i cant marry for a simple administration reason that ive overlooked.
    Yes ... for the reason you've mentioned (which I've highlighted) And you can be sure you're doing the RIGHT thing in dealing with all the red tape well ahead of your wedding abroad.

Thank you also for the rep you've given me; it is very much appreciated.

No problem mate, I appreciate the help. So when do you advise me to go to the local registrar? As I'm hoping to get married middle of August. I fly to Phils on the 26 July.

Even the online CENOMAR is stressin' me out now! I really don't know what I'm doin' and this is stressin me' out.

Do I need to order my girlfriend's Cenomar from the same website as mine? And also, do I put my gf's address and my online Cenomar gets sent there?

I think I need to get married in the Philippines 'guide for idiots'

Thread Information