hello all,

hope yer all enjoying the bank holiday weekend.

myself and my fili gf will be marrying next year, and will apply for spouse visa str8 afterwards.

we are currently making sure that everything is in place in terms of the visa applications:

whatsapp,skype, facebook chat records (backing them up all the time)
keeping onto bday cards etc

My gf is back in the Manila since October last year, but before going across we set up a joint account with view to having a financial link between us, but also to create a transaction trail for the purposes of the spouse visa applications.

Ideally, we would use this account, but it's just too expensive on bank charges.

so instead of using this arrangement, we have been doing as follows:

I have x2 current accounts with metro bank in the UK.

I gave one card to her, and kept one for myself.

Metro bank offer FREE withdrawals worldwide, so it was a bit of a no-brainer for us.

The only issue with using this setup is that both Metro bank accounts are in my name. For this reason, it doesn't appear as if I am withdrawing the money as such. However, when I print the transaction history, it clearly shows that the money has been withdrawn in the Philippines (see screenshot in link below):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/113648...2/14273425915/

Do you guys think that this will be accepted and understood by UKBA when we apply for the visa?

I really think that it's important for us to proove that there has been financial activity between us. (I know we are getting married, and that this is a clear statement in itself, however I just think something like this within the application would ICE the cake nicely).

Thanks for reading guys,
Irish Ed living in London