Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    I don't know if the OP of this thread is still looking to meet someone but if he is (or anyone else is) then try Tagged. Its a free site that I used to meet my fiancé. I never went on there expecting to meet a Filipino, I tried it to see if there were any local people on there but I wasn't optimistic about meeting anyone. There was not many English people on there but lots of Filipino's chatting and wanting dating and so on. I was getting lots of messages from girls in the Philippines but I didn't want to meet anyone so far away so I quit the site. However I gave my Skype ID to one girl there who I enjoyed talking to. We spoke for a few more weeks and then entered in to a relationship and since there I have been to the Philippines and she has been here and now we are engaged. I think it worked because neither of us were looking for a relationship and we were able to just chat without any expectations and it allowed us to click and fall in love.

I must admit that on the morning of our first meeting when we were due to meet I was nervous as a small part of me was nervous she wouldn't show, not out of maliciousness but maybe being shy (she's really shy!). I had begged her not to be late (as she always runs late for work and she had a long trip to come and meet me) but she made a HUGE effort and arrived at my hotel early. While she was baking outside in the sun to meet me I was sat in the hotel room in my underpants with the air con on watching tv, haha. I went outside and met her bang on our agreed time. She had a huge smile and a hug for me. We went to my room to drop off her luggage and for the first 5 minutes it was weird...not awkward, just different. Here SHE IS!!! FINALLY!!! Not on a computer screen but right in front of me. Once we got to the hotel room and chatted for 5 minutes it was like we were always together and then we hit the ground running and never looked back.

Edit: didn't realise how old this thread was...sorry.

Never bothered with any of the Asian free dating sites myself. I've always paid for them and I've just shelled out another 25 bucks for a months membership on one. First time I've used them this year and I've already had one date with a local Filipina. She wasn't for me though but when one door closes another one opens.

The past week I've been speaking to a very pretty Filipina with a good job who wants me to visit mainland Asia with her early next year as well as the Phils. She is fairly religious so I was quite surprised she took interest in a part-infidel like me although she was looking for a British man because they do make the best romantic partners. Her words not mine but I won't disagree. I think we are high up the list of the more romantic of nationalities.

I must have made a good impression because all she really wants is for me to accept her as a religious person and her beliefs. That's fair enough especially as she's prepared to accept me for mine, or lack of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post

I must have made a good impression because all she really wants is for me to accept her as a religious person and her beliefs.That's fair enough especially as she's prepared to accept me for mine, or lack of.
    Aye, well ... ... fair dos ... next thing, you'll be going along to confession!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Aye, well ... ... fair dos ... next thing, you'll be going along to confession!
    I was brought up as a Protestant so that won't happen but I think she's willing to accept that fact which speaks volumes about her.

Her faith is centred on being a good person and helping others.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Never bothered with any of the Asian free dating sites myself. I've always paid for them and I've just shelled out another 25 bucks for a months membership on one. First time I've used them this year and I've already had one date with a local Filipina. She wasn't for me though but when one door closes another one opens.

The past week I've been speaking to a very pretty Filipina with a good job who wants me to visit mainland Asia with her early next year as well as the Phils. She is fairly religious so I was quite surprised she took interest in a part-infidel like me although she was looking for a British man because they do make the best romantic partners. Her words not mine but I won't disagree. I think we are high up the list of the more romantic of nationalities.

I must have made a good impression because all she really wants is for me to accept her as a religious person and her beliefs. That's fair enough especially as she's prepared to accept me for mine, or lack of.
    Hi Jamie, nice to see you return again and good luck with your new friend

Respected Member
    Blame Hugh Grant for that (or give him a pat on the back). I find most Filipinos know little about the UK and just think we're like Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Blame Hugh Grant for that (or give him a pat on the back). I find most Filipinos know little about the UK and just think we're like Americans.
    Trefor. 's spot on! I remember once, while in the Phils, accompanying Myrna to buy a lottery ticket for an relative. Upon returning to the person's house, it was discovered the young lass in the booth where she'd bought the ticket had inadvertently sold her one of the wrong kind. Therefore, back to the store Myrna went (on her own) to exchange it.

But, on this occasion ^ (so I'm told) she was served by the Manager who promptly reprimanded the girl for "being too distracted with that 'handsome American' "!

It could only have been me to whom he was referring, ... presumably!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Jamie, nice to see you return again and good luck with your new friend
    Thanks but I've only been away a week or two.

Good luck, I hope all goes well with this new girl.

Hi,
    Nice to be back here again. On a sad note, me and my Filipina girlfriend Carilene split up this weekend and it made me so sad. It's just one of those things and I felt sad but I'm ready to move on and find another Filipina girlfriend and with all the help on here I hope and pray I find one with help through this site.
    I would feel more cheered up if I got to chat with someone through here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    Hi,
    Nice to be back here again. On a sad note, me and my Filipina girlfriend Carilene split up this weekend and it made me so sad. It's just one of those things and I felt sad but I'm ready to move on and find another Filipina girlfriend and with all the help on here I hope and pray I find one with help through this site.
    Good luck buddy. Sorry to hear you and your girlfriend split up.

Hi,
    Do you not think its time you got off your backside and either went to the Philippines where there are thousands to choose from, or put the same efforts into your relationships that you do into watching Crystal Palace play, nothing comes easy mate.. but good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Do you not think its time you got off your backside and either went to the Philippines where there are thousands to choose from, or put the same efforts into your relationships that you do into watching Crystal Palace play, nothing comes easy mate.. but good luck..
    I'll agree that you will probably have amazing success over in the Philippines. When I first went over to meet my fiancé (then girlfriend) for the first time I had 1 day to myself as she was working. On that day I wondered around Manila and took in the sites and sounds. On that day I had loads of girls flirting with me, telling me I had beautiful eyes, chatting and telling me how they wanted to get to know me etc. These were just girls I met in shops and so on, I'm not even going to tell you what some of the bar girls said to me. The attention you get from the bar girls was too much to be honest so I avoided those places as much as I could. Although it's hard to tell what's a normal bar and what isn't. I was thirsty at one point and wanted to stop for a cold drink. I saw a bar that was EMPTY apart from a tiny old woman serving behind the bar. I thought I could have a quiet drink there without being harrassed so went in and ordered a drink. As soon as the woman gave me my drink and I sat down she shot up and said "I go get ladies!" And then went and got 10 women to come and try and seduce me. Thankfully these women were respectful when I said I wasn't interested and hey just chatted to me for a while as I had my drink.

I agree with you Harry. My next trip is definetly The Philippines.
    I really enjoyed reading your story ssbib. So interesting to know a lot and I look forward to that.
    It will be very well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Good luck, I hope all goes well with this new girl.
    Thanks, mate

I agree with you Harry. My next trip is definetly The Philippines.
    I really enjoyed reading your story ssbib. So interesting to know a lot and I look forward to that.
    It will be very well worth it.
    You're right, you will love it. Great people, great food and great fun. The flight is a bit of a killer but it will be worth it when you're meeting the woman of your dreams. Keep us all updated on your plans and what happens when you are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    To be fair Harry, at least he's been over to the Philippines. I know one guy from online who lives in the western world and expects the Filipina's to come over and visit him. I don't think that strategy is proving to be very successful for him so far.

Respected Member
    Nick, have you been out there at all yet? You started this thread 2 years ago when you began to look. Just trying to see if you understand Filipinas yet. I understand work commitments meant your last relationship didn't get to the next stage, these ladies won't wait for you forever.

Trusted Member
    I think I've met my Mrs, had about 10 trips to the Phils, got married to her, and had a baby during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I think I've met my Mrs, had about 10 trips to the Phils, got married to her, and had a baby during that time.
    I think more time should be spent on this before you can be 100% sure

Trusted Member
    Well, my wife and I will have been together 5 years this coming October... and I first visited her 2 months after initiating online chat. Many 30 day visits since then.

Well, my wife and I will have been together 5 years this coming October... and I first visited her 2 months after initiating online chat. Many 30 day visits since then.
    Surely its 10 years and 2 children before you can be certain? haha, just joking. One thing I like about this community here is how supportive everybody is. I found a similar site to this a few months back that I never joined because everyone seemed so pessimistic and everyone was accusing everyone else's girlfriend of being a scammer. Even those who were married and living together there was always doubt that they would jump ship the second they got ILR. I couldn't be bothered with that paranoia.

Some say to find an educated filipina and one that isn't you should "run" from.. That's entirely not true. My wife has a 3rd grade education and is one of the smartest women I know. Why does she only have a 3rd grade education? Both her mom and her dad got gravely ill in a span of a year (and both passed away) and she couldn't walk the 5 km to school like she once did in Mindanao. She stayed home to take care of her parents. What she may lack in "book smarts" she makes up in life skills. She is mature beyond her years, a hard worker, and doesn't believe "status" is important. Many of the college educated Filipina's that I met in the Philippines were very "status" oriented, which was a total turnoff to me.. They never got a second date. I'm not saying you should look for an uneducated girl... Just saying that you shouldn't overlook them either

Quote Originally Posted by jeff in phils View Post
    Some say to find an educated filipina and one that isn't you should "run" from.. That's entirely not true. My wife has a 3rd grade education and is one of the smartest women I know. Why does she only have a 3rd grade education? Both her mom and her dad got gravely ill in a span of a year (and both passed away) and she couldn't walk the 5 km to school like she once did in Mindanao. She stayed home to take care of her parents. What she may lack in "book smarts" she makes up in life skills. She is mature beyond her years, a hard worker, and doesn't believe "status" is important. Many of the college educated Filipina's that I met in the Philippines were very "status" oriented, which was a total turnoff to me.. They never got a second date. I'm not saying you should look for an uneducated girl... Just saying that you shouldn't overlook them either
    Look for there heart, once you find that you have the perfect one .

Trusted Member
    I just chose a beautiful one who was accustomed to changing adult diapers.

I just chose a beautiful one who was accustomed to changing adult diapers.
    Where you been ,

Yes, I have to agree.. Also listen to your instincts and don't just fall for the beauty queen when inside you know that she may not be the right one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbib View Post
    Surely its 10 years and 2 children before you can be certain? haha, just joking. One thing I like about this community here is how supportive everybody is. I found a similar site to this a few months back that I never joined because everyone seemed so pessimistic and everyone was accusing everyone else's girlfriend of being a scammer. Even those who were married and living together there was always doubt that they would jump ship the second they got ILR. I couldn't be bothered with that paranoia.
    Yeah, there is a lot of skepticism... However, after reading many horror stories (before I found my wife), I was pretty cautious and always looking for red flags. You just have to be careful.. Scammers will show their true colors.. Hopefully, your not just blinded by love by then and it's too late. lol

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread Information