Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Having gotten to "know" Nick - as well as it's possible for anyone to form an impression about someone else through regular written contact over several years - Rory ... I believe I'm in a position to confidently vouch for the fact that here is a decent, Christian bloke who, in my humble - but honest - opinion, would be the very last person to treat the "finer feelings" of a nice lady like your wife's cousin with anything other than the greatest respect.
    A well intentioned post Arthur but, none of us really know anybody on here unless you know them in the flesh and that's if you live with them

Trusted Member
    Mark...I agree.

Just chatted to one. After 5 mins she was enquiring about a small loan! It's getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Just chatted to one. After 5 mins she was enquiring about a small loan! It's getting worse

Oooooh dear...

Just chatted to one after 5 mins she was enquiring about a small loan! It's getting worse
    It got even worse - she then offered a 'SHOW!' for 1,500 php-I was tempted to say can you do the Morecambe and Wise 1977 Xmas special

Seriously, that's me off the dating sites - can't be arsed anymore.

As mentioned before, maybe just best to go over and see what's what when there

Times they are a changing, so they say, maybe I was lucky when I was on the site, all them years ago.

Have you thought about asking if there are any sisters or aunts out there from our lovely ladies who are here already?

Just a thought!

I was lucky on a site back in 2007. Times have changed now and it's as if word has gotten out to look for men offering money now in the majority of cases. Shame as there still will be plenty of genuine ones but it's too much like hard work. At this rate, I might have to date an English girl.

I'm sure there are some nice relatives of people on here but like I mentioned, I would feel awkward if introduced and the 'Spark' wasn't there and might feel I would have to continue chatting so as not to look mean.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Times they are a changing, so they say, maybe I was lucky when I was on the site, all them years ago.

Have you thought about asking if there are any sisters or aunts out there from our lovely ladies who are here already?

Just a thought!
    My bestfriend is very keen to meet someone from the UK, (1st reason is I'm here in the UK and she wants to be closer to me, 2nd is she's never attracted to Filipino Men). She is a very intelligent person and "A PRIM AND PROPER" kind of a lady. 24 years old but very mature. A graduate of Nursing and currently working in a call centre. My reason for being reluctant to introduce her to anyone I do not know well personally is that she never have a boyfriend, as in never...she focused herself on her studies and now to work to support her family ever since her father died ; and I don't want myself to blame if ever she will fall and got hurt in the end. She's been chatting quite a while now but no luck of finding a serious man. My husband spoke to his single friends, recommended her but all of them aren't interested to commit in a long distance relationship.

Me and her during my wedding last month...
    [IMG][/IMG]

Beautiful you both are, and I understand what you are saying too, its very hard and if it goes wrong you will only blame yourself too, but you never know it could be the best thing you do too, you just dont realize how lucky we all are who have found someone who we love and want to spend the rest of our life with

Well said Arthur mate. Hear Hear

She looks so nice and beautiful aprilmae and I would be interested

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Hi Nick! My sisters friend Irene is a singlemother I dont know if your interested but she is really nice. She's got a little store (sari2x store) in Davao Philippines as a way of living. I am not sure if she is on online dating but if you like I could ask her. Just give a go ahead signal if you're fine with that.

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    My bestfriend is very keen to meet someone from the UK, (1st reason is I'm here in the UK and she wants to be closer to me, 2nd is she's never attracted to Filipino Men). She is a very intelligent person and "A PRIM AND PROPER" kind of a lady. 24 years old but very mature. A graduate of Nursing and currently working in a call centre. My reason for being reluctant to introduce her to anyone I do not know well personally is that she never have a boyfriend, as in never...she focused herself on her studies and now to work to support her family ever since her father died ; and I don't want myself to blame if ever she will fall and got hurt in the end. She's been chatting quite a while now but no luck of finding a serious man. My husband spoke to his single friends, recommended her but all of them aren't interested to commit in a long distance relationship.

Me and her during my wedding last month...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Lucky you for having a best friend that is interested to an English man! And to move closer to you. My husband is always on the hunt for guys for my best friend, but she's in a relationship right now with a Filipino of which I don't approve of. No man is good enough for my best friend I must admit, specifically that guy she is with now.

So we're left helping her go through a longer route to come here in the UK, which is thru a work visa
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Good luck with it. What job is she applying for?

The woman who I had previously chatted to who wanted to do a 'Show' for me just came on begging me for money, she enabled webcam and started chatting.

Next thing she says do i like gays? I said I'm straight - she said that she was a he

Could not get away fast enough.

So from looking for a nice filipina I'm now a gay magnet

Time to pull someone/anyone locally to restore my sanity

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    The woman who I had previously chatted to who wanted to do a 'Show' for me just came on begging me for money, she enabled webcam and started chatting.

Next thing she says do I like gays? I said I'm straight - she said that she was a he

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned

Next thing she says do i like gays? I said I'm straight - she said that she was a he

Shaved her legs and then he was a she
    She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
    Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Lou Reed, indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    Lucky you for having a best friend that is interested to an English man! And to move closer to you. My husband is always on the hunt for guys for my best friend, but she's in a relationship right now with a Filipino of which I don't approve of. No man is good enough for my best friend I must admit, specifically that guy she is with now.

So we're left helping her go through a longer route to come here in the UK, which is thru a work visa
    At least your friend is happy with her filo bf, I don't see the point of letting her meet other bloke if she isn't interested. If she wants to come to the UK badly, she will find way and there will always be way so just be happy for her.

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    Hello melovesengland!!! Let us just say that her bf right now is a typical Filipino, we caught him cheating once while she was working abroad. Women generally are more forgiving, something a husband won't do when he catches his wife cheating with other guy. As her best friend, all I could do is to be with her.
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    hello melovesengland!!! Let us just say that her bf right now is a typical Filipino, we caught him cheating once while she was working abroad. Women generally are more forgiving, something a husband won't do when he catches his wife cheating with other guy. As her best friend, all I could do is to be with her.
    Indeed, love. Shame, I know but she is happy at the mo. All we could do is hope that she will finally wake up. Time will come, I'm sure!

I got scammed, but did it make me bitter, nope just taught me a lot.

Just have to keep on going and one day it will happen.

I am still looking as well.

Trusted Member
    When they ask for money on the dating sites, just move on.

Still plenty of nice genuine girls out there.

(The lady on my avatar is one of them...met on DIA).

I met my fiance on DIA also.

Have to say though that I did meet so many scammers before meeting her.

It'a fairly easy to spot the scammers. Within 30 mins of chat time money will be mentioned for a variety of reasons - just drop them immediately and move on.

Sounds a bit harsh but you can waste so much time.

Split up with my Pinay earlier this year around three years into an LDR. Took this long for the exaggerated stories to surface and the requests for money to begin. I'm pretty sure the family put her up to it and they were seen as pillars of the community too. I did everything right apart from underestimating the family. I don't regret meeting her, though.

Banned
    I'm sorry to hear that Jamie, sounds like you made the right decision, I wondered where you'd gone.

Plenty more fish in the sea, onwards & upwards

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Split up with my Pinay earlier this year around three years into an LDR. Took this long for the exaggerated stories to surface and the requests for money to begin. I'm pretty sure the family put her up to it and they were seen as pillars of the community too. I did everything right apart from underestimating the family. I don't regret meeting her, though.
    Hi Jamie
    Genuinely sorry to learn that.
    That's a long time. Surely something unusual.
    Take care mate.

Glad to see you posting

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Jamie, sounds like you made the right decision, I wondered where you'd gone.

Plenty more fish in the sea, onwards & upwards
    I've been really busy, Ded. It's the first time I've posted on any internet forum for months. And yep, plenty more out there, although I very much doubt I'll use a dating site again as they're rife with scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi Jamie
    Genuinely sorry to learn that.
    That's a long time. Surely something unusual.
    Take care mate.

Glad to see you posting
    Cheers Peter.

The best advice I would give someone if they're planning to meet a Pinay is to tell them early doors that under no circumstances will any money be sent/given at any time. If she is a scammer she's more likely to lose interest and move onto someone else.

Thread Information