Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    Well, aren't we the knight in shining armour? It sounds like you're well on your way to earning a spot in Heaven too, though it doesn't sound like you knew you were making people's dreams come true.
    Well, there's comfort in numbers I'm not the first mug and I won't be the last. If it all seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    My first Filipina wife used to call me 'Hun' or Honey.......Like you said, Graham.. beats having to remember small details like names
    My fiance asked me if there are racist nicknames that my family and friends call him, I said I dont think they need one because Joe (his real nickname) is already a stereotyped nickname of a white man for filipinos so I never called him Joe again when i told him that, I tried dad but it was awkward as he has a daughter, so babe for normal moods, and Joseph when I am angry. lol

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Just chatted to a new one and warned her what to expect on Cherry Blossoms-she said thank you and can I call you DAD
    lol and yes world cup is far more important i,m scurrying around now trying to get sky cable into my house for the start of it ,balls sports channel is covering every match

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    My first Filipina wife used to call me 'Hun' or Honey.......Like you said, Graham.. beats having to remember small details like names
    Maritess sometimes calls me Dad, I like it!

Ah, The Walton's Happy days!!

We used to give it the goodnight thing when we all went to bed at the same time..5 of us siblings and mum and dad...Just like at the end of a Walton's programme
    I like it Mark, sounds nice!

My mum calls my dad "PA", and my dad calls my mum "MA"...

I THINK, we Filipinos just love the idea of using ENDEARMENTS to our partners. Gf and Bf thing in the Philippines has got different endearments such as (Bhe, Boo, Baba which are all short names for Baby; Mhe, Moo, Dhe, Dada which are all short names for mommy and daddy... Even others call their partners strawberries, pears, etc). We find these endearments romantic... We uses these endearments regardless of the age of our partners.

Here in the UK I have found people use endearments (DARLING, LOVE, MY LOVE, HONEY, SWEETHEART, DEAR) such an ordinary thing to call anyone. In the Philippines, using those terms to someone is really awkward. We only use those to someone very special to us like gf/bf/husband/wife.

Have you all notice that we never call our mother, brother, uncle, auntie, brothers, sisters just on their names? We always attach KUYA or ATE to our brothers and sisters names and even to anyone who are older than us...this is how we show respect to them. We never call them by their names alone...

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    ...Here in the UK I have found people use endearments (DARLING, LOVE, MY LOVE, HONEY, SWEETHEART, DEAR) such an ordinary thing to call anyone. In the Philippines, using those terms to someone is really awkward. We only use those to someone very special to us like gf/bf/husband/wife. ...
    Some years ago we had a couple of priests from Philippines visit us in UK.
    They were so confused about being called love, darling sweetheart etc

A couple of times in the supermarket the check-out lady would say something like "OK darlin thankyou see you later" at first they really thought she wanted to meet up with them later...

My now ex called me hun, honey or honey bunch.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    My baby calls me "Babe" I love that term of endearment and would never want it to change.... I refer to her as "Darl or Princess" its just stuck with us for over 2 years....

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    My baby calls me "Babe" I love that term of endearment and would never want it to change.... I refer to her as "Darl or Princess" its just stuck with us for over 2 years....
    Me and my husband uses "Baby or sweetheart" since we are dating...but most of the time he calls me "BABYCHEEKS"..

Me and my husband uses "Baby or sweetheart" since we are dating...but most of the time he calls me "BABYCHEEKS"..
    Thats what I love about filipina girls even after marriage they are still devoted to their husbands well most are....

Marriage or relationship to a western girl is more like .....

Well I suppose I know what I prefer.....

Thats what I love about filipina girls even after marriage they are still devoted to their husbands well most are....

Marriage or relationship to a western girl is more like .....

Well I suppose I know what I prefer.....

What's the name of your wife Mark? She's beautiful! I love her make up! I don't know how to put make up though? hahaha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Maritess sometimes calls me Dad, I like it!
    I did as well, Michael

Trusted Member
    My ex always called me dad too.

I think it was just to differentiate me from the kids, when issuing orders or rebukes, which was sometimes difficult.

My wife always calls me mahal

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

I can't get what my wife calls me past the swear filter
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Nick30 View Post
    I hope I can meet a lovely genuine girl and if any member on this forum knows anyone either friends or family then I will be so grateful to be introduced to them and get to know them.

This is a hard ask Nick. My wife has a cousin that would love to chat and get to know a guy from the UK. She is a real genuine girl, very honest and down to earth, 35 years old and has a fantastic body shape, pretty face and is working as a teacher in Manila, sound perfect I know but........ I know this girl very well as I see her often when my wife and I are over there. I do not know how I could recommend anyone for her as I would feel very guilt-ridden if she was hurt by someone that I introduced to her. I do not know what others might do in this situation but I cannot put any guy forward for her.

All I can say is, just keep looking and chatting with girls and when it feels right make a bold decision and fly out there. Yes, it costs money and it might not work out - but, if you are really wanting to find one, you will have to take the chance.

Trusted Member
    Fair comment Rory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    What's the name of your wife Mark? She's beautiful! I love her make up! I don't know how to put make up though? hahaha
    Hiya Jen she's called Jemiery or as all know her by the name of Jamie.

She's been on a strenuous fitness program the last couple of months and I'm following suit.....

I suppose all filipinas like to look good. That's why I fell so badly for one........

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I can't get what my wife calls me past the swear filter
    Hahahahaha

I call Keith baby, bebe, bubu..

If I'm mad, refer to what he said above..hahahahahaha
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    This is a hard ask Nick. My wife has a cousin that would love to chat and get to know a guy from the UK. She is a real genuine girl, very honest and down to earth, 35 years old and has a fantastic body shape, pretty face and is working as a teacher in Manila, sound perfect, I know but........ I know this girl very well as I see her often when my wife and i are over there. I do not know how I could recommend anyone for her as I would feel very guilt-ridden if she was hurt by someone that I introduced to her. I do not know what others might do in this situation but I cannot put any guy forward for her.

All I can say, is just keep looking and chatting with girls and when it feels right make a bold decision and fly out there. Yes, it costs money and it might not work out but, if you are really wanting to find one, you will have to take the chance.
    If Nick is interested, by all means introduce them Rory!

The problem with that is, if they don't hit it off it's a bit awkward.

Happened to me on here. I sort of got introduced to someone but did not feel a match. Then you feel awkward about ìt so best just not do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    The problem with that is, if they don't hit it off it's a bit awkward.

Happened to me on here. I sort of got introduced to someone but did not feel a match. Then you feel awkward about ìt, so best just not do it here.
    Just my opinion Les, if I was in Nick's position I would be very pleased to be given a contact!

Hiya Jen she's called Jemiery or as all know her by the name of Jamie.

She's been on a strenuous fitness program the last couple of months and I'm following suit.....

I suppose all filipinas like to look good. That's why I fell so badly for one........

That's good for you both then, she's really pretty!

My mum calls my dad "PA", and my dad calls my mum "MA"...

I THINK, we Filipinos just love the idea of using ENDEARMENTS to our partners. Gf and Bf thing in the Philippines has got different endearments such as (Bhe, Boo, Baba which are all short names for Baby; Mhe, Moo, Dhe, Dada which are all short names for mommy and daddy... Even others call their partners strawberries, pears, etc). We find these endearments romantic... We uses these endearments regardless of the age of our partners.

Here in the UK I have found people use endearments (DARLING, LOVE, MY LOVE, HONEY, SWEETHEART, DEAR) such an ordinary thing to call anyone. In the Philippines, using those terms to someone is really awkward. We only use those to someone very special to us like gf/bf/husband/wife.
    One term of endearment used on this forum that I've taken a while to get used to is "my mahal". When I first joined the forum, I didn't know how to respond to posts about "my mahal". Was I supposed to refer to the woman as "your mahal" then? Mahal literally means dear, as in "that handbag is dear" (mahal yang handbag) or "you're dear to me" (mahal kita). It felt weird to be talking about "your dear". Haha! I eventually just decided to find other ways to refer to the wives in the posts.

Have you all notice that we never call our mother, brother, uncle, auntie, brothers, sisters just on their names? We always attach KUYA or ATE to our brothers and sisters names and even to anyone who are older than us...this is how we show respect to them. We never call them by their names alone...
    It took me ages to get past the way people here call others by their first names, no matter the age difference. In the area where I lived in the US, younger people called older people Ms. <first name> or Mr. <first name>. They also used ma'am or sir when talking to elders, kinda like the way we use po and opo.

Thanks for all those comments especially to Rory giving a description of this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post

I do not know how I could recommend anyone for her as I would feel very guilt-ridden if she was hurt by someone that I introduced to her. I do not know what others might do in this situation but I cannot put any guy forward for her.
    Having gotten to "know" Nick - as well as it's possible for anyone to form an impression about someone else through regular written contact over several years - Rory ... I believe I'm in a position to confidently vouch for the fact that here is a decent, Christian bloke who, in my humble - but honest - opinion, would be the very last person to treat the "finer feelings" of a nice lady like your wife's cousin with anything other than the greatest respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Having gotten to "know" Nick - as well as it's possible for anyone to form an impression about someone else through frequent correspondence over several years - Rory ... I believe I'm in a position to confidently vouch for the fact that here is a decent, Christian bloke who, in my humble - but honest - opinion, would be the very last person to treat the "finer feelings" of a nice lady like your wife's cousin dwith anything other than the greatest respect.
    Arthur I applaud you...

Also my sentiments......

Trusted Member
    Could be worse.

She could have been fixed up with me...or Les...or Dedworth.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Could be worse.

She could have been fixed up with me...or Les...or Dedworth.
    I would be forever apologising

Thread Information