Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    As soon as i start chatting I bring up the fact lot's of girls ask for cash and how as a stranger do they expect me to send them £300 after 20 mins of chatting.
    I then gauge how the girl I'm chatting to reacts.
    I also ask for total honesty and ask if they are regually chatting to anyone else,I also tell them if I am.
    I believe it's the beat way.
    I'm doing that very thing now-I have 2 girls who I chat to often and hopefully that will be down to one-which one i have no idea yet.
    I think chatting to a couple helps in the fact you should not put all your eggs in one basket til you are sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Look for a single Filipina in the UK with citizenship, and save the visa money. Plenty of them about.
    good advice there--if they here--settled already--then its job done--and you will know they are interested in you--the person--rather than simply as a starter on the settlement route.

I think they are hard to find in uk . most seem to be married.
    Maybe i should go to ripon barrio?

Banned
    also--if you do get something started---make sure --ASAP--the woman isnt married--or "separated". if you find she is--then factor in several £ thousands and many extra months-----to get her unmarried.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I think they are hard to find in uk . most seem to be married.
    Maybe i should go to ripon barrio?
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained Les At the very least you can promote Strayline

I will get a t shirt saying free and single!

Banned
    i think any single--filipina lady--settled already in this country-----is likely to be just like any other English rose----ONLY interested in a george clooney-clone with a good job, fabulous house and lifestyle to match. Us working class oiks have got no chance---especially if you think you can pull a younger model.

Big mac there is something in that as the innocence is maybe lost.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    i think any single--filipina lady--settled already in this country-----is likely to be just like any other English rose----ONLY interested in a george clooney-clone with a good job, fabulous house and lifestyle to match. Us working class oiks have got no chance---especially if you think you can pull a younger model.
    Now I know what my wife sees in me

I don't think any British Citizen Single Filipina will only be interested in a George clooney-clone with good job, fabulous house and lifestyle to match.I think they will still be interested in a working class men, only that they will only have eyes to a man of their age level if you know what I mean...no offence meant though for those who have 30 years or more age gaps with their partners...

especially if you think you can pull a younger model/--------no chance for that I'm afraid.

Big mac there is something in that as the innocence is maybe lost.
    They definitely lost their innocence and simplicity as they have adapted the lifestyle of the UK in terms of relationship(partners come and go), sex(Friends with Benefits), alcohol and partying... Single Filipinas in the Philippines have a low standard of expectations (you can just give them a simple flower and they will be grateful for that romantic gesture)while Filipinas who are settled here probably have higher standard of expectations(a simple street flower won't do for a romance, it has to be more so they can feel the romance in a courtship)........

Some big brushes about

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    If a woman is jobless, RED FLAG.
    Oh dear you better choose your words carefully.

My filipino gf used to say not today dear it's 'Red Flag day', I thought she meant we could not go in the sea!

My filipino gf used to say not today dear it's 'Red Flag day', I thought she meant we could not go in the sea!
    Actually, that is how I understand the Red Flag thing....I've not encountered any of that in a dating site I used to have. I will only know if the man is a scam if they put celebrity pics on their profile...or will talk about sex straight away after a short introduction, or offer money for an exchange of cyber sex....

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    Actually, that is how I understand the Red Flag thing....I've not encountered any of that in a dating site I used to have. I will only know if the man is a scam if they put celebrity pics on their profile...or will talk about sex straight away after a short introduction, or offer money for an exchange of cyber sex....
    Yes that's what many men do-no intention of meeting

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Keith and I met in Facebook.. I thought he just invited me to play some games in FB..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I thought he just invited me to play some games in
    He meant Games in North Wales

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    He meant Games in North Wales
    You mean helping him chase the sheep?!?!?!?!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Yes that's what many men do - no intention of meeting
    Everytime men do that, I ignore them straight away and tell them to back off! It is so degrading in my part when men assume that I want money for sex...disgusting! However, there are also few desperate Filipinas who are willing to do it for the sake of money. Men will send them money to buy their very own personal computer so that they can do cyber sex in their own house...how pathetic isn't it?

Banned
    I don't think any British Citizen Single Filipina will only be interested in a George clooney-clone with good job, fabulous house and lifestyle to match.I think they will still be interested in a working class men, only that they will only have eyes to a man of their age level if you know what I mean...no offence meant though for those who have 30 years or more age gaps with their partners...

especially if you think you can pull a younger model/--------no chance for that I'm afraid.
    exactly. i'm so glad someone else said that--instead of me getting into trouble again.

i think most single filipnas settled here would think long and hard about getting involved and marrying anyone----especially considering their upbringing and expectations in life back home.

but--there are a few on plenty of fish---thats how i met mine--but she was already over here--on a student visa.

I met my husband on Tagged.com, I was 18 back then and he was 27. Tagged is like Facebook, you can see the person's profile (pictures, likes, dislikes, interest, etc), I'm not recommending it as there are also lots of scammers in there as well, scammers are anywhere anyway. I am just saying as my love life started from there...

I sent him a friend request first along with my HELLO message after seeing his gorgeous face (profile picture). He accepted my request then replied to my message and the feeling was mutual, he was attracted to me first thing he saw my picture profile.

We started exchanging emails everyday, then decided to talk face to face using Skype. I myself sent him actual love letters in a nice perfumed piece of letter every month. The feelings became stronger and stronger each day which made us both scared of the outcome of the relationship...on my part, I thought he was just playing a young bachelors game with me, making me fall for him and leave me afterwards. I thought he was just fooling me around as he was young and people said that western men on their 25-35 still don't want to commit in a relationship as they just want sex, sex, sex and easy life. While on his part, he thought that I might be a scam, and according to him "I am too good to be true". That's why he came over to Philippines to see if I am real and to confirm our feelings to each other. We spent over a year chatting and exchanging emails everyday, then he visited me after I graduated from college, then when he went back home, both of us were struggling because we were apart so he proposed to marry me, get a fiancé visa and marry in England.

In over a year of chatting, we never talked about money. He offered to send me school allowance but I declined it. I am always put off by such a thing so he never mentioned it to me again but in his actual love letter in paper, he put some money in it along with a little present then he apologised for it.

Anyway, to make the story short, we are married for 2 years now and we actually got married twice, one here last April 2012 and one in the Philippines 3 weeks ago and we are happy...........
    Me too. I was on tagged.com the only site I visited. Met my girl and 4 years later i,m still stuck in the Philippines with her lol. We want to go back to UK eventually as she has yet to meet any of my family.

but--there are a few on plenty of fish---thats how i met mine--but she was already over here--on a student visa.
    How old are you bigmac if you don't mind me asking?

I also got few friends who was on a student visa then got married to a British man of the same age as them or younger even... no to older pipz with a young heart they said. No offence meant again....

Banned
    How old are you bigmac if you don't mind me asking?

I also got few friends who was on a student visa then got married to a British man of the same age as them or younger even... no to older pipz with young heart they said. No offence meant again....
    No offence taken Aprilmaejon.

I'm now 66----she is 44. We met in Sept 2011....she was living locally to me. She was in the UK on a 4 year Student Visa--which expired in summer 2012. She was what we--in the UK--call a mature student. So there is a 22 year age difference. But your comment about age difference is spot on!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Gosh, I'm learning a few new sayings on here today, pipz, red flag, cyber what?

no offence taken aprilmaejon.

i'm now 66----she is 44. we met in sept 2011....she was living local to me. she was in the UK on a 4 year student visa--which expired in summer 2012. she was what we--in the UK--call a mature student. so there is a 22 year age difference. but your comment about age difference is spot on.
    Not so much difference compared to those in their 70s and got married to a 20 year old... That only happens in an online meeting I guess, not unless if an elderly that age marries his personal carer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Gosh, I'm learning a few new sayings on here today, pipz, red flag, cyber what?
    Pure entertainment Michael....

Not so much difference compared to those in their 70s and got married to a 20 year old... That only happens in an online meeting I guess, not unless if an elderly that age marries his personal carer.
    I've never been online looking for a lady, for a start I wouldn't know how to. Maritess and I first met in person May 2010 we married October 2011. I am now 71 years of age and Maritess is now 29 years of age and we get on so well together, if you were to see us together I don't think you would give the age gap a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    Pure entertainment Michael....
    I thought this was entertainment

Thread Information