Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Anyone else noticed this, July 2009 and 355 posts, wow hes a great member, just my thoughts
    The OP is a SHE.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Jenky:
    I've never been to Calintaan, but it sounds beautiful and clean. You might be right about the bacteria. Hopefully, your body develops the antibodies it needs before the recurring Bombay Belly gets too frustrating.
    My asthma worsened when I moved to Manila too, but it improved after a couple of years. Now that I've moved here where the air is much cleaner, it's the old carpets that have been triggering it.
    I'm pretty sure men all over the world change gears all the time, and I thank you for at least trying to do it discreetly. It's when it's done so blatantly and without regard for others that it becomes rude, IMHO.
    Thanks for the well wishes! Considering everything I've had to go through so far, I'd say I'm damned lucky I was only hospitalised once.

Neu75:
    What you said just contradicted what most other members told me. I've been informed that many of the things I was finding really hard to accept were more of a personal difference with my mother-in-law than an actual cultural difference between Filipinos and the British. Now you're saying my post was an attack on many things British. So which is it?

marksroomspain:
    Whoops! Sorry about the headache. Your wife makes really good points. I'd have to disagree about the weather though. I personally feel much more alive in the strong typhoons, building-high floods, earthquakes, and choppy seas of Bicol. When I lived in Arkansas in the US, the lack of extreme weather bored me. First thing I did when I got back home was stand outside in a typhoon. As for cheating Pinoys, I've found that infuriatingly true in the less-educated masses back home. It's unbelievable how the women just sit there looking sheepish as their boyfriends/husbands brag that they'd cheat on them in a heartbeat "because it's in my nature as a man"!

RickyR:
    Thank you for the openmindedness. I think people have gotten a little defensive because they either skimmed through my post or didn't read past the title, missing the part where I explained that I just needed to know what applied to the wider population and what only applied to my in-laws.

joebloggs:
    Thanks! I'm sure most people here are aware that Filipinos like to beat around the bush. Maybe the women would participate more if we could find a happy medium where they don't get scared off by how frank the men are.

fred:
    I'm sure your wife wouldn't want it any other way.
    Cleaning restaurant tables before you're allowed to sit at them describes my Aunt Clarissa to a T. I admit that maybe I came across as a bit high-strung about hygiene, but I wasn't like this before I came over. I think I might have snapped when I saw just how dirty the food I had to eat was. The miscarriage scare didn't help either.
    Don't worry about the spelling. As long as you don't start constantly picking on me for my American English, you can misspell words as often as you want!

Doc Alan:
    Thanks for the rep! I don't mind people disagreeing with me. It's certainly not gonna scare me off. However, it seems a little odd to me that people are surprised that I can hold my own. I hope I don't scare anyone off.

gWaPito:
    No worries! Even if I figured out how to do that, I wouldn't give negative rep anyway.

stevewool
    Yes, I only have 355 or so posts, but you don't have to be so sarcastic about it. I was in the middle of postgraduate studies when my husband suggested we join this forum. When things got busy with my thesis and fieldwork, I had to choose between my studies and the forum. After I went home to the Philippines in 2011, I'd gotten so used to not visiting the forum that it's taken me this long to make a habit of checking the forum for replies and interesting threads. If you look up my posts, you'll find I made several attempts to come back but I just wasn't into it as I was busy with work (worked overtime a lot) and family. Also, as rayna pointed out, I'm not a man.

You certainly know your own mind and take no bull. A feisty lady indeed. Very refreshing. Keep it up.

Thanks, Les! I'm gonna try to tone it down a little for the folks here who might be intimidated by me, but I'm glad there are men like you who understand Filipinas are not all timid.

No be yourself! You won't find myself, Joe, Dedworth etc, toning it down. Say what you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    Thanks, les! I'm gonna try to tone it down a little for the folks here who might be intimidated by me, but I'm glad there are men like you who understand Filipinas are not all timid.
    I agree with Les, don't make special efforts to tone down your opinions. Just be yourself.....please.

Not many timid ladies from Philippines that I've met ..........

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    No be yourself! You won't find myself, Joe, Dedworth etc, toning it down. Say what you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I agree with Les, don't make special efforts to tone down your opinions. Just be yourself.....please.

Not all Filipinas can express being feisty and can at the same time can get across what they want to say without being aggressively offensive. I've seen some Filipinas who even with proven point express their opinion but do it aggressively that they end up losing their point in the end.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Not all Filipinas can express being feisty and can at the same time can get across what they want to say without being aggressively offensive. I've seen some Filipinas who even with proven point express their opinion but do it aggressively that they end up losing their point in the end.
    Mataray ba?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Well, I'll still be stubborn and opinionated, but I'm gonna do my best to not get aggressive or offensive, like the ladies Rayna mentioned.

Just don't end up like Joe

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    There is a saying dontpushme "Your bark's worse than your bite".......

But in all honesty, I found your integrity very refreshing, keep posting and welcome back.....

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    The OP is a SHE.
    Wow, I did not notice that

Thanks, Les! I'm gonna try to tone it down a little for the folks here who might be intimidated by me, but I'm glad there are men like you who understand Filipinas are not all timid.
    Why do you think people will be intimidated by you?

Feel free to say what you feel. And if people dont agree, well thats their problem. We cant all agree with each other, but we can all be civil towards one another.

And I do apologize for making the mistake of saying the word he instead of she

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    There is a saying dontpushme "Your bark's worse than your bite".......:
    I've never bitten anyone, but I have been known to reduce men to tears. Don't worry, it's a rare occurrence and is only triggered by really nasty jerks who think that I'm a pushover.

Wow, I did not notice that
    Clearly, you didn't read my posts. Every single one of them referenced my pregnancy.

And I do apologize for making the mistake of saying the word he instead of she
    No worries, but next time, maybe read before posting that you're bored and the OP is a terrible member for not having the time to post nearly 11,000 posts like you.

Don't worry, it's a rare occurrence and is only triggered by really nasty jerks who think that I'm a pushover.
    Don't think ANYONE here would be deluded into thinking that, Denise ... your username - not to mention your recent postings - make it abundantly clear you're NO pushover!

Banned
    I've never bitten anyone, but I have been known to reduce men to tears. Don't worry, it's a rare occurrence and is only triggered by really nasty jerks who think that I'm a pushover.

Clearly, you didn't read my posts. Every single one of them referenced my pregnancy.

No worries, but next time, maybe read before posting that you're bored and the OP is a terrible member for not having the time to post nearly 11,000 posts like you.
    Love it! Posts of substance are quite a rarity on here, Dontpushme. .not too dissimilar to a welcome oasis

I for one don't think you'll be around for long, especially when baby arrives.

Don't feel that you've been singled out by the "I'm bored" statement.

That chestnut has been kicked around here for an age.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Don't think ANYONE here would be deluded into thinking that, Denise ... your username - not to mention your recent postings - make it abundantly clear you're NO pushover!
    Haha! I think people tend to underestimate me more in person than online.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Love it! Posts of substance are quite a rarity on here, Dontpushme. .not too dissimilar to a welcome oasis

I for one don't think you'll be around for long, especially when baby arrives.

Don't feel that you've been singled out by the "I'm bored" statement.

That chestnut has been kicked around here for an age.
    Well, I actually have more time now than I did before coming to the UK. If I do get busy with the baby, I'll eventually find my way back to the forum anyway.

Don't worry about me feeling singled out, I'm okay. Just figured I'd take a page out of Steve's book and point out how much spare time he obviously has compared to many other members (11,000 posts???).

Banned
    Well, I actually have more time now than I did before coming to the UK. If I do get busy with the baby, I'll eventually find my way back to the forum anyway.
    Great to hear that We wouldn't want to lose you again!! (x)

Banned
    Neu75:
    What you said just contradicted what most other members told me. I've been informed that many of the things I was finding really hard to accept were more of a personal difference with my mother-in-law than an actual cultural difference between Filipinos and the British. Now you're saying my post was an attack on many things British. So which is it?
    You started with "getting things of my chest" so I'd say your rant was anti-British.

But going by the many Dedworth posts you are the same as him Is it anti-British or just always moaning, I don't no.

Quote Originally Posted by Neu75 View Post
    You started with "getting things of my chest" so I'd say your rant was anti-British.

But going by the many Dedworth posts you are the same as him Is it anti-British or just always moaning, I don't no.

Once again someone whose native tongue is not English expresses herself more eloquently than yourself.

Not to mention being grammatically correct................ KNOW not NO

I've been staring at your post for 10 minutes now, and I honestly still have no idea what you're trying to say. Do you mean that anyone who has something to get off her chest is anti-British? Are you also saying that Dedworth and I are one and the same person, or that we both hate Britain?

As long as she doesn't dish out negative rep
    Ugh! Cheshire Cheez just made a liar out of me. Sorry about that. I couldn't stand his claim that "men are by nature suffering through monogamy".

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Once again someone whose native tongue is not English expresses herself more eloquently than yourself.
    Thanks! Incidentally, do you know what Neu75 is trying to say? I can't form a proper response to something I don't understand!

Are you also saying that Dedworth and I are one and the same person
    YES! You are never in the same room at same time as Dedworth

Banned
    I've been staring at your post for 10 minutes now, and I honestly still have no idea what you're trying to say. Do you mean that anyone who has something to get off her chest is anti-British? Are you also saying that Dedworth and I are one and the same person, or that we both hate Britain?

Ugh! Cheshire Cheez just made a liar out of me. Sorry about that. I couldn't stand his claim that "men are by nature suffering through monogamy".

Thanks! Incidentally, do you know what Neu75 is trying to say? I can't form a proper response to something I don't understand!
    Feel free to dish out all the negatives you want, Denise

I was just having a dig at some pettiness what went on a few weeks back.

Made me realise why few choose to lead a virtual life

YES! You are never in the same room at same time as Dedworth
    That Dedworth! I can't believe he's been impersonating me since before I joined the forum! Do I need to go to Berkshire to show everyone we're two different people?

Feel free to dish out all the negatives you want, Denise

I was just having a dig at some pettiness what went on a few weeks back.

Made me realise why few choose to lead a virtual life
    Ooh, do tell. I won't be making a habit of the negative rep, but the guy does deserve it in this case, methinks.

That Dedworth! I can't believe he's been impersonating me since before I joined the forum! Do I need to go to Berkshire to show everyone we're two different people?
    Yes you do.

And take a picture of you both to prove it.

OK?

Haha! Sounds like reason enough for a road trip.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

I was never very good at English.

I thought I said the comment well tho.

Banned

I met a Filipino girl and she always gets sensitive and doesn't understand me as well.

Maybe a Thailand girl would be better for me I don't no.

I was just saying that you seemed to moan as much as Deadworth

Now thats funny!!

I met a Philippino girl and she always gets sensitive and doesn't understand me as well.
    Maybe a Thailand girl would be better for me I don't no.
    Yes, maybe a Thai would be more suited to you.

Now I'm curious what would happen if Dedworth and I were to meet in person. We could moan all day like a couple of old grumps.

I was never very good at English.
    I thought I said the comment well tho.

Don't you mean 'though'

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information