Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member John Chingford's Avatar

Urgent Help/Advice For My Sister In Law

Hi Everyone

My sister in law recently left the Philippines to commence working for an employer in Dubai. I am still trying to piece things together from my wife but it appears that she only had a one month visa which the employer had stated would be extended once she arrived. She has been working for that company for less than one month but the visa has now been cancelled. She has no home nor family to return to in the Philippines as her father is in USA, we are in UK, her brother is in Qatar and all of her other close relatives are in other countries.

She is distraught and does not know what to do - neither do I.

What should she do?
    As the days of Noah were so shall be the coming of the Son of Man........ When You see these things happening, know that the time is close.
    Matthew 24 :

Check Out My Blogsite For Evidence Why The Bible Can Be Trusted

Respected Member vernier caliper's Avatar
    Hi John.

Her visa when she entered Dubai is definitely a Visit Visa which is valid for one month. She is not allowed to work on a visit visa. I'm assuming that her sponsor on the visit visa is the Employer. If that is the case, once she arrived Dubai her Employer must send her for medical (i.e. HIV test, lung test, etc). If she passed all the test her visit visa is ready to be cancelled.

It is NOT possible to convert a visit visa to employment visa without exiting.

To be able to get an Employment Visa she needs to leave Dubai (most Filipinos are exiting in Kish, cheaper flight and accommodation). She must to prove that there is an exit stamp on her passport. Btw, ticket and hotel accommodation to Kish will be paid by her NOT the Employer. While she is out of Dubai the employer may now apply for her Employment Visa which will take 2-3 working days. Once the Employment Visa is ready the Employer will contact her. She will travel back to Dubai with no visa and once she arrives Dubai she needs to pickup her Employment Visa in the Immigration Desk.

Thanks Vernier

That is a great/very helpful reply. Much appreciated!

I do not know her exact circumstances and what type of visa she has, but what you have stated does seem to fit what has happened. I will copy your reply (if that is okay with you) and email it to her and then let you know what her reply is.

Thanks again.
    As the days of Noah were so shall be the coming of the Son of Man........ When You see these things happening, know that the time is close.
    Matthew 24 :

Btw, not all Dubai Employers are serious/sincere when it comes to Employment Visa. Please remind her to be very cautious otherwise, she will be stucked in Kish (or somewhere else) because her employer messed up.

I can help her in more details if I will understand all her circumstances.

Good luck to her.

Hi Vernier and Whosoever else may be able to help

I have more information.

My sister in law arrived in Dubai with a one month visit visa via a resident friend who sponsored her. That friend is currently temporarily back in Fil, so my sister in law is on her own in Dubai. Her employer gave her the impression that her employment would be permanent giving her a secure future. It now turns out that her employment has ended after less than a month and the employer has not paid her the full amount of her earnings. Therefore, she is now stranded, with no money and no home to go to. We would like to help her financially out of this situation but are wondering what is the best way we can help her wisely without squandering away more than we need to.

What is the best way we can help?
    Matthew 24 :

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

Good luck and we are really sorry for your situation there. I am sure someone will help soon with an explanation for you

Can anybody please advise us. The matter is becoming ever increasingly urgent.

Thanks
    Matthew 24 :

Hi John.

I can see what has happened here and because she doesn't have a working visa there isn't much you can do to claim her unpaid salary or anything else.

She has no rights to work therefore, the Employer cannot be forced to pay anything.

It should be straightforward to get her back to the Philippines. Visit Visa overstay will cost her AED 200 + AED 100 each day, payable on exit. Btw, she has a 10 day grace period before the penalty will be imposed. To avoid paying she needs to act quickly.

She may only extend her 1 month visit visa to maximum 3 months if her sponsor is a close relative (same last name + evidence to confirm the relationship). This will cost her around AED 1200 and a deposit of AED 1000.

Thread Information