Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's not so much of a leg room problem, it's just that the back of your neck seems to be 6" above the top of the headrest....

Quote Originally Posted by blessed_ekim0826 View Post
    When are u flying in July? I fly last week of July.
    26th

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    I used Philippine Airlines as didn't want a stop over with kids.

That's the only good thing the non stop. The rest was bad. Food was worst I have ever had on a plane. The plane was dirty - old food under seats - also smelly. 1 of my kids got a rash - we all were scatching from seats. No amenity kits, no kids meals. We ordered no drinks or snacks, the cabin crew were not that friendly towards us.

I won't be using them again - only my return to UK. I would sooner have stop overs and fly with a good airline.

Even Kuwait and Saudi are better than Phil Air.

Next time I will go with Thai, Singapore, Malaysian or Etihad
    I have used Philippine Airlines twice now and I find the service great

Stop overs for me are a waste of time and you can get delayed on those layovers

I dont miss falling in line for another security check at Hong Kong Airport either

Direct flights with Philippine Airlines can be had for less than £600 and for me that's a bargain!

These flight are proving popular anyway outbound and inbound were both 95% full (June)

Flights departed and arrived on time both ways

All airline food sucks anyway and Philippine Airlines food is not better or worse than the other airlines

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Being tall, I need AMPLE legroom ... and so ... would be a BIG consideration for me, I'm afraid!
    Seats are fine and I am over 6ft

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mesmo View Post
    I have travelled with them about 5 times now on the long haul from Heathrow to Manila and I guess my only "observation" is that they are not very attentive during "dark hours" when people are sleeping and others like me who cant sleep on any moving form of transport aren't. Also when you press the "call a flight attendant" button, sometimes you can wait for a long time before they arrive.

On Emirates, the flight crew regularly walk round with a tray of either water, apple or orange juice for those that are still awake...... it makes such a difference to your comfort

OH!! I do have one rant!! Why do flight attendants insist on putting the pat of butter UNDER the hot meal??? Twice now in attempting to butter my roll I have had liquid butter pour onto my T shirt when I have been attempting to open it
    I found on Emirates they never did any drink runs and when I asked for a drink (non alcoholic) all they could provide was a single miniature can of coke!

Changing planes at Dubai Airport is not nice and that airport is far too crowded

A380 was great but you only get that to Dubai

Emirates were ok but nothing special and even a bit overrated

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    I have used Philippine Airlines twice now and i find the service great

Stop overs for me are a waste of time and you can get delayed on those layovers
    I don't miss falling in line for another security check at Hong Kong Airport either

Direct flights with Philippine Airlines can be had for less than £600 and for me thats a bargain
    These flight are proving popular anyway outbound and inbound were both 95% full (June)
    Flights departed and arrived on time both ways
    All airline food sucks anyway and Philippine Airlines food is not better or worse than the other airlines
    I'm very surprised you had no complaints with the food, coming from the person who started this thread complaining about a little arrow on the tv screen. I would agree airline food is not great but I've managed to eat it on most airlines but not on Philippines. My wife does not want to fly them again anyway, she wants to use Thai or Singapore again...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    I'm very surprised you had no complaints with the food, coming from the person who started this thread complaining about a little arrow on the tv screen . I would agree airline food is not great but I've managed to eat it on most airlines but not on Philippines. My wife does not want to fly them again anyway, she wants to use Thai or Singapore again...
    I actually found the food on Philippine Airlines not that bad at all
    I make sure I have a full English breakfast before I board any flight and then i don't get high blood when the choice of meal provided by the airline is not available "sorry sir we only have fish and noodles left"

I normally take a goody bag with me anyway Pringles jaffa cakes and more chocolate

Never board a long haul flight hungry and take your own supplies......

Why would your wife want to waste her time in Bangkok or Singapore when she can fly directly?

Trusted Member
    Haha...big lunchbox full of sarnies for me, bananas, plus bags of crisps, biscuits, etc. No way I'm going to starve...or part with a single penny in ripoff airports.

...and never had an airline meal yet that wasn't better than the muck I cook. All greedily gulped down.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Shalegirl's Avatar
    I would have thought that PAL would be more customised to Philippine tradition and it's dominant religion which is Catholicism. They should probably turn it down a little bit like maybe flash it every 4 hours? I agree with you and would find this annoying too.

Respected Member
    I dislike all airplane food, with the single exception of the Gü chocolate desert and ice creams served on Virgin in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    I dislike all airplane food, with the single exception of the Gü chocolate desert and ice creams served on Virgin in the past.
    I dislike the food too, but British Airways on the way to Scotland a few years back had a nice selection of edible food....

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I find that whatever airline I've travelled with serves too many meals, so I always skip one meal and just have tea coffee or fruit juice instead!

Respected Member
    Airline food normally goes along these lines

A rock hard white crusty roll with deep frozen unsalted butter
    A horrible pasta starter that few people even attempt eating
    Main course is always over salty with plenty of skin
    A sickly kind of mousse desert

Snacks later noodles normally Nissin chicken variety

Cathay Pacific leave a soft drinks trolley outside their galley
    You just go and help yourself and it has plenty of nice snacks also

On my last trip with Philippine Airlines i went to the galley and asked if they had anything sweet to eat

The air hostess looked at me with amazement and said no we don't have anything sweet but I can give you a packet of peanuts!

Trusted Member
    I eat every last delicious crumb of it, and also save any tissues, salt and pepper etc, that are left at the end.

Obviously some of you have never experienced poverty.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I eat every last delicious crumb of it, and also save any tissues, salt and pepper etc, that are left at the end.

Obviously some of you have never experienced poverty.
    If I lived in Tondo and I had to scrounge around for food everyday then maybe airline food would be ok.

The problem is I don't.

I am not expecting 3 star Michelin restaurant quality food on an aircraft. Something more than stodge and salt is surely not too much to ask for.

The mass produced meals provided by the likes of "Gate Gourmet", I find uninspiring, dull and bland to the point that I have to bring my own provisions along.

If I lived in Tondo and I had to scrounge around for food everyday then maybe airline food would be ok.

The problem is *I don't.
    Don't see *that as being much of a problem ... surely it's more something to be thankful for!

Point taken about the quality of food generally, though ... considering the cost - and duration - of long haul flights.

Trusted Member

The problem is I don't.

I am not expecting 3 star Michelin restaurant quality food on an aircraft. Something more than stodge and salt is surely not too much to ask for.

The mass produced meals provided by the likes of "Gate Gourmet", I find uninspiring, dull and bland to the point that I have to bring my own provisions along.
    I bring my own provisions too, AND eat all that is put in front of me.

I am also grateful that in real terms the airfare to Manila is a fraction of what it used to be.

Perhaps those who require meals in keeping with their gourmet palette can pay more ?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I bring my own provisions too, AND eat all that is put in front of me.

I am also grateful that in real terms the airfare to Manila is a fraction of what it used to be.

Perhaps those who require meals in keeping with their gourmet palette can pay more ?
    If the business class airfare was double the economy fare then I would be happy to pay it

Its normally more than 3 times the economy fare which I feel is unreasonable

Premium economy is not worth the extra for what you actually get also

I will continue to use "cattle class" along with my own provisions of course

I love Philippine Airlines!!

Flew with them twice this year April and July
    take note:
    No Delays ( 13hours London-Manila) - (11 1/2 hrs Manila to London) how good is that ??
    Food?? ... I am not a BIG eater of airline foods, they are the same as hospital foods in my opinion!!
    but
    I indulged with nice drinks : Beer and Whiskey and a big bottle of mineral water as it hydrates me and make me go to the toilet more often to ease my boredom during the fiight.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I actually found the food on Philippine Airlines not that bad at all
    I make sure I have a full English breakfast before I board any flight and then [B]i don't get high blood when the choice of meal provided by the airline is not available "sorry sir we only have fish and noodles left"

Did they served FISH?? ... I don't think so!

There seems to be mixed reviews over PAL I,ve just looked at another forum on the topic and most of the comments are very negative - like never fly with them again kinda stuff. I think I,ll stick to Cathay Pacific as I can,t fault them yet.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Did they served FISH?? ... I don't think so!
    Whatever it was when they got to my seat they only had 1 choice left
    I wanted the rice option and it was all gone

Maybe it was not noodles either pasta to be precise = same thing anyway

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    There seems to be mixed reviews over PAL. I,ve just looked at another forum on the topic and most of the comments are very negative - like never fly with them again kinda stuff. I think I,ll stick to Cathay Pacific as I can,t fault them yet.
    Nothing to worry about, Philippine Airlines were great

Beats that awful security check at Hong Kong Airport anyway

There seems to be mixed reviews over PAL. I,ve just looked at another forum on the topic and most of the comments are very negative - like never fly with them again kinda stuff. I think I,ll stick to Cathay Pacific as I can,t fault them yet.
    Better the dog you know Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Better the dog you know Brian!
    Yup, I,d rather pay a bit extra for that peace of mind lol

Each to their own!!

I can't say anything bad about Cathay Pacific ... only if they do direct flights to UK??

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I love Philippine Airlines!!

Flew with them twice this year April and July
    take note:
    No Delays ( 13hours London-Manila) - (11 1/2 hrs Manila to London) how good is that ??
    Food?? ... I am not a BIG eater of airline foods , they are the same as hospital foods in my opinion!!
    but
    I indulged with nice drinks : Beer and Whiskey and a big bottle of mineral water as it hydrates me and make me go to the toilet more often to ease my boredom during the fiight.

So am I, I love PAL too

Here is another thumbs up for PAL.....

Loads of flights for around £425 in Jan 2015 and that's from Heathrow to Dumaguete return with Philippine Airlines for those wanting to go to that specific area!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information