Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    So, the spouse visa is only valid for two years and nine months? And then what next? I thought it will be for five years validity. Looks like we will need to apply for another visa again next time.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    So, the spouse visa is only valid for two years and nine months? And then what next? I thought it will be for five years validity. Looks like we will need to apply for another visa again next time.
    Hi DAnn it's good to hear you got your passport with visa on it.
    Yeah, it's only valid for 33 months for spouse visa and another application again. So when is your plan to travel? Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Hi dann it's good to hear you got your passport with visa on it.. Yeah it's only valid for 33 months for spouse visa and other application again ,, so when is your plan to travel ? Heheh
    Thank you Sweetlove. Hubby is still looking at flights while I have to be here for another week. Sorting some stuff before I leave. I can't wait!

Thank you Sweetlove. Hubby is still looking at flights while I have to be here for another week. Sorting some stuff before I leave. I can't wait!
    That's good DAnn, so am I. Still have 2 weeks left before I leave ... I'm excited to see my hubby and my sister and arrive in London for second time around, hehehe

Hi tinzky19! I had the same question few days ago, that was when I received the same email as you have received today. Friends here told me that there should be another email or notification that should say your visa/docs has been received in VFS already and will be ready for collection at designated collection times. True enough, I did receive the second email a day later after the first email. And today I collected my docs from VFS. It was quick and easy!
    Hi Dann,

Thanks for your reply. I had received the second email yesterday just 2 hours after getting the first one. It said it is already with VFS. That means I can already collect it on Monday, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tinzky19 View Post
    Hi Dann,

Thanks for your reply. I had received the second email yesterday just 2 hours after getting the first one. It said it is already with VFS. That means I can already collect it on Monday, right?
    Hi everyone,

I got my passport today with the visa on it! Yay! Thanks everyone for all the help.
    Here's my timeline:
    April 14 - submitted application at VFS
    June 11 - Got a call from UKVI to check my English
    June 13 - Got an email that my visa will be despatched shortly and then 2 hours after, I got another email that VFS has my documents and that I can collect it.

Very very happy and excited!!!!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations and well done!

Quote Originally Posted by tinzky19 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I got my passport today with the visa on it! Yay! Thanks everyone for all the help.
    Here's my timeline:
    April 14 - submitted application at VFS
    June 11 - Got a call from UKVI to check my English
    June 13 - Got an email that my visa will be despatched shortly and then 2 hours after, I got another email that VFS has my documents and that I can collect it.

Very very happy and excited!!!!
    Congratulations! I know the feeling! Rejoicing with you! I myself is still so over the moon event though it has been days since I got my visa. Don't forget to take the CFO seminar

Hi Everyone

Me and my Daughter will be leaving on Thursday June 19th. Can anyone give a tip on what to bring (docs wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    Hi Everyone

Me and my Daughter will be leaving on Thursday June 19th. Can anyone give a tip on what to bring (docs wise)
    Congratulations Baruk! It's not that long ago when you last posted that you were still waiting for the visa! This is brilliant news! Don't forget the CFO stickers on your passports and the original TB test cert and English test as well. Happy trip!

Hi everyone,

Been looking for a thread on how to present photos for the visa application when I came over to this one, I havent been able to check the ukba site for a while so its actually my bad im not aware of Toeic being out of the accredited english test list.

Anyways I took my english test last Feb. And we're hoping to apply this nov. Yah why it took us so long before we apply is bcos of the tb cert. Long story ill be sharing it one of these days.

Right now I'm wondering if I need to get another english test?

Thanks

Newbie (Restricted Access) supersai's Avatar
    Hi Everyone! Newbie here. I read this entire thread and I'm so happy with all the approved visa applications.

Applied on 8 Oct 2014 at UKVI Manila.

I got an email yesterday that says:

Your decision will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 working days unless you have been advised it will be returned by courier or have paid an additional courier fee.

This is an automated message. Please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered.
    My wife says it's a positive and I'm keeping my hopes up! We are stressed because the email came Friday so we have to wait till Monday to know the result. I really hope its a YES.

From the results of similar replies, I wish you the best of luck, sounds good I think
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    From the results of similar replies, I wish you the best of luck, sounds good I think
    Thanks Steve! Looking forward to getting the result next week. I hope it's a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by supersai View Post
    Thanks Steve! Looking forward to getting the result next week. I hope it's a positive result
    Hello, to filipino/uk ... and best wishes for a positive result with your wife's Spousal Visa application.

Although I don't doubt for one minute, the perceptive intuition felt by your good lady - backed up, in turn, by my friend's [wisely cautious] optimism (based on recently-reported success stories) - I nevertheless feel it a little unfair of UKVI *keeping applicants on tenterhooks over the course of a weekend. (*Which seems to've been the case lately!)

Quote Originally Posted by supersai View Post
    Hi Everyone! Newbie here. I read this entire thread and I'm so happy with all the approved visa applications.

Applied on 8 Oct 2014 at UKVI Manila.

I got an email yesterday that says:

My wife says it's a positive and I'm keeping my hopes up! We are stressed because the email came Friday so we have to wait till Monday to know the result. I really hope its a YES.
    Same email I received from UKVI when I got my visa.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Should be a positive outcome, keep fingers crossed!

Hi Everyone! I actually got my visa the day I posted here in the forum. I thought Saturday/Sunday doesn't count especially with the courier service. But after a few hours of posting here, the courier man arrived!

Excited to see my wife this December!

Hi there. Pleased for the all the happy news!

However, I just wanted to share that my friend whose fiancee visa application was rejected, also received a similarly-worded email. When she told me about it, we jumped for joy for her and her fiance. Because, according to my experience, when I got the same type of email in June, the next thing that happened was I got my passport with my UK visa on it.

BUT very, very sadly, this was not the case for my friend. She was hopeful when she went to VFS. When she opened the envelope and saw that her visa application had been rejected, you can only imagine how it was for her and her fiance. They were supposed to marry this month. Not anymore.

Sorry, I don't mean to get anyone down. But just saying, wait until you have the passport with the UK visa in it. All the best to everyone that's waiting.

Hi there. Pleased for the all the happy news!

However, I just wanted to share that my friend whose fiancee visa application was rejected, also received a similarly-worded email. When she told me about it, we jumped for joy for her and her fiance. Because, according to my experience, when I got the same type of email in June, the next thing that happened was I got my passport with my UK visa on it.

BUT very, very sadly, this was not the case for my friend. She was hopeful when she went to VFS. When she opened the envelope and saw that her visa application had been rejected, you can only imagine how it was for her and her fiance. They were supposed to marry this month. Not anymore.

Sorry, I don't mean to get anyone down. But just saying, wait until you have the passport with the UK visa in it. All the best to everyone that's waiting.
    Thanks for getting back to us about receiving such vague notification from Manila hub. Would you care to share what were the grounds of refusal?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Thanks for getting back to us about receiving such vague notification from Manila hub. Would you care to share what were the grounds of refusal?
    My friend said the application was rejected due to the English test provider not being recognised by the UKVI anymore. Another reason was lack of a Company letter. Her fiance works in Manila but was sent there by the UK Company. The trouble is, they didn't do much research beforehand. They thought it should be easy because they are in a genuine relationship.

My friend said the application was rejected due to the English test provider not being recognised by the UKVI anymore. Another reason was lack of a Company letter. Her fiance works in Manila but was sent there by the UK Company. The trouble is, they didn't do much research beforehand. They thought it should be easy because they are in a genuine relationship.
    to read about your friend. Complying with the UKVI rules is not that easy. Took me and my then fiancé a while to understand the application process required so many documents. We submitted about 10 kilograms of paperwork - including the photocopies - at VFS in July 2014. Got the email after 20 calendar days that my visa had been approved.

Newbie (Restricted Access) BlessAyieSmith's Avatar
    Hi everyone. Just wondering if anybody here is waiting for their UK spouse visa application result as well. It has been 61 working days since I had my biometrics. And still haven't heard anything from UKVI. Starting to worry now..

Quote Originally Posted by BlessAyieSmith View Post
    Hi everyone. Just wondering if anybody here is waiting for their UK spouse visa application result as well. It has been 61 working days since I had my biometrics. And still haven't heard anything from UKVI. Starting to worry now..
    Hello BlessAyieSmith. Just hang on in there.

Newbie (Restricted Access) BlessAyieSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Hello BlessAyieSmith. Just hang on in there.
    Thanks Anne2014. The waiting is really frustrating. I just wish they would update us about the progress of the application. I pray that I hear from them soon. Being away from husband is the hardest after being together for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessAyieSmith View Post
    Thanks Anne2014. The waiting is really frustrating. I just wish they would update us about the progress of the application. I pray that I hear from them soon. Being away from husband is the hardest after being together for years.
    I'm totally with you in this. Been away from my now husband for almost 3 years. Just don't expect it this week due to Lenten Season. You'll receive the results before you know it

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information