Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    I hope they will call me any day now.. Seems like they will call first before they give decision eh.. I'm glad you are done with this waiting game.. I'm praying and hoping to read that email ASAP so I can give the good news to my fiancé. I am happy for you
    When did you apply Baruk? Seems to be taking a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    When did yo apply baruk? seems to be taking a long time,
    Lodged my application March 20... Very long and stressful eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    Lodge my application March 20... Very long and stressful eh?
    Still time yet, based on the times we have been seeing, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for you to receive any day up to the 26th June.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmlea View Post
    Phew!!! The long wait is over. My wife just received an email from UKVI "Your visa will be despatched (sic) shortly. "
    Martin ... seems no time since I was congratulating you and Aileen on your wedding.

Now ... Aileen has her spousal visa. Well done to you BOTH and all the very best for your future together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and British Embassy didn't call me to have sort of interview?
    Jen ... congratulations on your success. Nowadays the British Embassy rarely calls applicants for interview, unless there are any salient points needing clarification, so you can relax.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi Sweetlove! Congratulation! I am also waiting for my spousal visa. May I ask how long exactly you had to wait until you got your visa?

Your news and jasper99's post sure cheered me up! This is the kind of news I need to hear when days like this come around. Feeling like it is forever waiting to be able to finally start our lives together.
    Hello DAnn! Thank you ... you'll be the next sis! I had been waiting for almost 3 months and 7 days including holidays and weekends. I lodged my application last Feb 27, I received my visa june 4...hope you can hear some good news soon.....x

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    My fiancée picked up her visa today!

The flight is booked (philippines airlines) and the CFO appointment is booked for Friday.
    Hi Jasper999! congratulations to you and your fiancee! just wanted to ask, how many days did it take from the day you received an email saying her visa will be despatched shortly up to the day she was informed that she can collect her visa already? I received an email yesterday with this message:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

But tomorrow is public holiday here in the Philippines. I am guessing I could maybe go to the VFS on Friday to collect my visa or is that too soon? I read another post saying that they received a second email notifying them that the visa is ready for pick up. I only received just one email.
    Many thanks in advance!

Hi Jasper999! congratulations to you and your fiancee! just wanted to ask, how many days did it take from the day you received an email saying her visa will be despatched shortly up to the day she was informed that she can collect her visa already? I received an email yesterday with this message:

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

But tomorrow is public holiday here in the Philippines. I am guessing I could maybe go to the VFS on Friday to collect my visa or is that too soon? I read another post saying that they received a second email notifying them that the visa is ready for pick up. I only received just one email.
    Many thanks in advance!
    For sure u can get an email later today ...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Hello DAnn! Thank you ... you'll be the next sis! I had been waiting for almost 3 months and 7 days including holidays and weekends. I lodged my application last Feb 27, I received my visa june 4...hope you can hear some good news soon.....x
    Thank you very much for your reply sweetlove!

I think I may have received a good news yesterday. I am getting a bit excited but trying my best to stay calm as I am not sure yet until I see my passport with the visa in it.

this is from the email received yesterday:

Not sure though when I should go to VFS to collect my visa. Have you collected yours already?

Thank you very much for your reply sweetlove!

I think I may have received a good news yesterday. I am getting a bit excited but trying my best to stay calm as I am not sure yet until I see my passport with the visa in it.

this is from the email received yesterday:

Not sure though when I should go to VFS to collect my visa. Have you collected yours already?
    I know what u feel dann, just relax and keep calm and start packing your things heehe yeah I think you will recieved an email later today same as me , I recieved email in the afternoon from vfs ,,, when you plan to travel? I'm flying on 3rd of July ...

I know what u feel dann, just relax and keep calm and start packing your things heehe yeah I think you will recieved an email later today same as me , I recieved email in the afternoon from vfs ,,, when you plan to travel? I'm flying on 3rd of July ...
    Hi sweetlove! Thank you for the positive words. I have started packing a long time ago hahaha! I think it made me even more anxious while I waiting all this time. At least I am now ready to go anytime. Well as soon as I get my passport and the CFO sticker on it, hubby will book a flight. That's why we are wanting to find out when I can collect my visa. Hubby is so excited too! He had new carpets installed in the living room and planning to buy a new TV set and sofa! I spoke to my mother in law this morning (but that is midnight for them in UK before they went to bed) and they were so happy to hear that we have got an email from UKVI. Can't wait really. Great to hear that you already have your flight booked! Did you attend the CFO seminar already and got your CFO sticker as well?

Hi sweetlove! Thank you for the positive words. I have started packing a long time ago hahaha! I think it made me even more anxious while I waiting all this time. At least I am now ready to go anytime. Well as soon as I get my passport and the CFO sticker on it, hubby will book a flight. That's why we are wanting to find out when I can collect my visa. Hubby is so excited too! He had new carpets installed in the living room and planning to buy a new TV set and sofa! I spoke to my mother in law this morning (but that is midnight for them in UK before they went to bed) and they were so happy to hear that we have got an email from UKVI. Can't wait really. Great to hear that you already have your flight booked! Did you attend the CFO seminar already and got your CFO sticker as well?
    ... That's good everyone is excited same as me when I arrive hehehe, no I never been on CFO , I have my schedule on the 17th

Hi everyone!

So great to read happy news about visa approvals. Makes me feel optimistic.

I have lodge a spouse visa application myself on 14th April. I also had a TOEIC certificate submitted for my English requirement.

I had received a call yesterday afternoon from UKVI. Told me that TOEIC will no longer be valid but will still be accepted and they just need to assess my English to validate it. The guy then said I have good standard of English and might receive my documents back on Monday since it's a holiday today. So keeping fingers crossed!

Has anyone been called and interviewed like this and got denied result? I assume that they won't bother checking your English if you haven't satisfied the rest of the more important requirements, right? I am not sure. Its just me being so positive! Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tinzky19 View Post

I had received a call yesterday afternoon from UKVI. Told me that TOEIC will no longer be valid but will still be accepted and they just need to assess my English to validate it. The guy then said I have good standard of English and might receive my documents back on Monday since it's a holiday today. So keeping fingers crossed!

I assume that they won't bother checking your English if you haven't satisfied the rest of the more important requirements, right? I am not sure. Its just me being so positive! Haha.
    Reading this post, I'd say you've every reason to feel positive! Good luck ... and please keep us updated.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Hi everyone!

I have lodge a spouse visa application myself on 14th April. I also had a TOEIC certificate submitted for my English requirement.

Has anyone been called and interviewed like this and got denied result? I assume that they won't bother checking your English if you haven't satisfied the rest of the more important requirements, right? I am not sure. Its just me being so positive! Haha.

Is this the only season when there are lots of approved visas for the members of this forum? I am so thankful being part of this.

I am wishing you good luck! I lodged my application 2nd of April, took TOEIC exam too but I did not receive a call, and 2 months and four days after, i got my visa. Weird. lol

Keep your hopes up, and your life will change soon!!

Hi everyone!

Congrats in advance hehehe, always think positive. Me and some members here who took ETS TOEIC English Test received a call from UKBA to test our English proficiency. My thought also if they are not satisfied with the documents they will not bother to contact the applicant.

For sure u can get an email later today ...
    Hi Sweetlove! You were so right there! Indeed I received the second email yesterday afternoon but did not get to see it as I went out to watch a concert at the Araneta Coliseum. Had a blessed evening and then came home to find there is another good news waiting for me in my inbox! Oh God is awesome!

... That's good everyone is excited same as me when I arrive hehehe, no I never been on CFO , I have my schedule on the 17th
    I have done the CFO seminar months ago and got my certificate. I needed that CFO certificate for DFA. It is one of their requirements for married women who are changing their last names to their married name. So I did that first, then got my passport renewed with my married name on it. and now hooray! I have my visa approved! But I know I need to get the CFO sticker so that is my next move.

When I attended the seminar, CFO only accepted walk in applicants. I had to leave house at 4am and got there at 5am. Stood in the queue outside of the building for a couple of hours or so before we were let in! Once inside it was easy and comfortable. Lucky you! I heard they are a little bit more organised now because online booking for appointment is now available. All the best to us!

I have done the CFO seminar months ago and got my certificate. I needed that CFO certificate for DFA. It is one of their requirements for married women who are changing their last names to their married name. So I did that first, then got my passport renewed with my married name on it. and now hooray! I have my visa approved! But I know I need to get the CFO sticker so that is my next move.

When I attended the seminar, CFO only accepted walk in applicants. I had to leave house at 4am and got there at 5am. Stood in the queue outside of the building for a couple of hours or so before we were let in! Once inside it was easy and comfortable. Lucky you! I heard they are a little bit more organised now because online booking for appointment is now available. All the best to us!
    Hi DAnn, congrats to you...well done ..I told you to keep calm hehehe.... well, I never been in CFO seminar because when I applied my spouse visa I'm still using my single name, but I have my schedule this coming Tuesday at CFO Cebu.

By the way, is there anyone here who knows what are the times for collecting visa at the VFS Manila? I don't see anything on the website that shows schedule for visa collection. The email I received, says:

"If a courier service was purchased from VFS, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times"

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    1pm to 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    1pm to 3 pm
    Thank you, Jentobeharrison!

hi dann congrats to you...well done ..i told you to keep calm hehehe.... well, i never been in cfo seminar because when i applied my spouse visa im still you using my single name,,but i have my schedule this coming Tuesday at cfo cebu,,
    Yes Sweetlove, you're right!

Enjoy your CFO seminar! I found it useful, informative and educational. I enjoyed it!

Respected Member
    Hi DAnn

Did you manage to get your passport and docs today at VFS Manila? My mom received the same text as you are 2 days ago and VFS said the docs are not there yet?

Cannot understand why they text and email that it is ready for collection when it is not?

More worries for the time I am waiting....

Hi everyone!

So I got an email a few minutes ago that my visa will be despatched shortly. This must be good news, musn't it? It said I can collect it in 3 days. Does that mean I can collect it on Monday or should I wait for the text? (I availed the SMS service).

I will try not to be too excited!

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    So I got an email a few minutes ago that my visa will be despatched shortly. This must be good news, musn't it? It said i can collect it in 3 days. Does that mean I can collect it on Monday or should I wait for the text ? (I availed the SMS service).

Congrats tinzky19..

So I got an email a few minutes ago that my visa will be despatched shortly. This must be good news, musn't it? It said I can collect it in 3 days. Does that mean I can collect it on Monday or should I wait for the text? (I availed the SMS service).

Congrats, I am so happy that me and lots of members got their visas approved.

Many congratulations tinzky

What marvellous news

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    Hi DAnn

Did you manage to get your passport and docs today at VFS Manila? My mom received the same text as you are 2 days ago and VFS said the docs are not there yet?

Cannot understand why they text and email that it is ready for collection when it is not?

More worries for the time I am waiting....
    Hi Jhen1230! Yes, I have my passport with visa on it now and all the docs as well! Sorry to hear about what happened to your mum's visit to VFS today. Is she the one applying for visa or you? A spouse visa as well? I am afraid I do not have answers for you as to why or how that happened. I am sure she mentioned to them at VFS about the email and text notification? They must have offered an explanation at least... hopefully it was not wrongly sent to her. Maybe just a little delay and it will be ready for her on Monday? Fingers crossed!

Hi tinzky19! I had the same question few days ago, that was when I received the same email as you have received today. Friends here told me that there should be another email or notification that should say your visa/docs has been received in VFS already and will be ready for collection at designated collection times. True enough, I did receive the second email a day later after the first email. And today I collected my docs from VFS. It was quick and easy!

Thread Information