Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_steve View Post
    Yes I took Toeic. You have to get ready with their call.
    What sorts of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking though

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    What sorts of questions did they ask? If you don't mind me asking though
    Its just basic questions like employment, trip abroad and visa category. I was really worried with how I answered him on phone coz of adrenaline.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I've got an email saying that " Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!!
    That's it! Congrats!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Its just basic questions like employment, trip abroad and visa category. I was really worried with how I answered him on phone coz of adrenaline.
    I hope they will call me any day now.. Seems like they will call first before they give decision eh.. I'm glad you are done with this waiting game.. I'm praying and hoping to read that email ASAP so I can give the good news to my fiancé. I am happy for you

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Should we say Fiancee visa if they will ask us about category? or "Settlement visa" is more appropriate? Lol. Just curious haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Should we say Fiancee visa if they will ask us about category? or "Settlement visa" is more appropriate? Lol. Just curious haha
    I would say fiancé visa or marriage visa is more specific... Settlement visa is like a broad term, can be fiancé, spousal, FLR or ILR...

I did say both. LOL

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Phew!!! The long wait is over. My wife just received an email from UKVI "Your visa will be despatched (sic) shortly. "

She applied for her spouse visa on on 18th March (VFS appointment) so by my reckoning that is 52 working days - a bit better than around 64 that other people have reported.

Interestingly, I did send an email query on the UKVI website on Monday, and got a reply yesterday saying:

"I have checked your visa application status, your application was received on 20 March but has not been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer yet. We normally will process: 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date."

Then the next day it is granted. Coincidence? Maybe - but it certainly didn't do any harm emailing them.

Her English exam was Cambridge KET which she did in the UK while she was here on a visitors visa last summer. So she wasn't affected by the TOEIC debacle, and had no phone call from UKVI.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this forum. Although I haven't posted much, reading it was a great help for information during the application process, and also a great moral support during the long wait.

Congratulations to all those who recently get their visas and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Martin & Aileen.

I've got an email saying that " Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!!
    Sincere congratulations and very well done

Truly wonderful news ........... soon be enjoying life in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmlea View Post
    Phew!!! The long wait is over. My wife just received an email from UKVI "Your visa will be despatched (sic) shortly. "

She applied for her spouse visa on on 18th March (VFS appointment) so by my reckoning that is 52 working days - a bit better than around 64 that other people have reported.

Interestingly, I did send an email query on the UKVI website on Monday, and got a reply yesterday saying:

"I have checked your visa application status, your application was received on 20 March but has not been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer yet. We normally will process: 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date."

Then the next day it is granted. Coincidence? Maybe - but it certainly didn't do any harm emailing them.

Her English exam was Cambridge KET which she did in the UK while she was here on a visitors visa last summer. So she wasn't affected by the TOEIC debacle, and had no phone call from UKVI.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this forum. Although I haven't posted much, reading it was a great help for information during the application process, and also a great moral support during the long wait.

Congratulations to all those who recently get their visas and good luck to those who are still waiting.

Martin & Aileen.
    Many congratulations and well done to you both Martin and Aileen

It's a wonderful feeling to know that new chapter in life has now begun

Respected Member
    Get your stuff ready and goodbye philippines..congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmlea View Post

Martin & Aileen.
    Wow! Another visa granted. Me and daughter lodge our application March 20, so hopefully they will email me pretty soon now. Congratulations I am happy for you

My fiancée picked up her visa today!

The flight is booked (philippines airlines) and the CFO appointment is booked for Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post

The flight is booked (philippines airlines) and the CFO appointment is booked for Friday.
    I'm so happy for you.. You guys will be happy now, the long wait is over.. Ohh I hope I'm the next to book flight

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Confused how many of you have now got 'visas' but whatever, Congratulations everyone and good luck for the future!

I've got an email saying that "Your visa will be dispatched shortly". Is it good news?!!!!!
    It IS, indeed ... congratulations!

Thanks Sir Arthur. Can't wait to collect my documents tomorrow at VFS CEBU

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Confused how many of you have now got 'visas' but whatever, Congratulations everyone and good luck for the future!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Phew! ... thank God things are moving at last!
    It could simply be pure conjecture on my part, Michael ... ... but I'm guessing the authorities are finally waking up to the unfairness of keeping those applicants - whose criteria matches in every other respect - waiting indefinitely pending any firm decision as regards the "interim validity" of their satisfactory results obtained using the since suspended TOEIC Examinations.

possibly explains it! Which ... of course ... will be welcome news for all others in a similar situation.

Here's hoping!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post

Happy days ahead

2 minutes earlier I received an email

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

Why didnt the british embassy call me first?

I AM TREMBLING

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days depending on which country you applied from or will be couriered back to you only if you have availed of this service. UKVI"

I AM TREMBLING
    Congratulations

I AM TREMBLING
    Many congratulations Jen and very well done

At last the waiting and the stress can be put aside......now focus on the new chapter in your life........summer is upon us here in UK what a delighful start to you new life.

Onwards and Upwards Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Many congratulations Jen and very well done

At last the waiting and the stress can be put aside......now focus on the new chapter in your life........summer is upon us here in UK what a delighful start to you new life.

Onwards and Upwards Jen

Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and British Embassy didn't call me to have sort of interview?

Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and british embassy didnt call me to have sort of interview?
    You're in danger of remaining a 'natural born worrier'

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH that made me laugh. Thank you very much for all the help though!!

Now gonna watch 'Game of Thrones' to distract me from worrying lol

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Yeah but I am wondering why it was too fast and British Embassy didn't call me to have sort of interview?
    Do not worry about things that don't matter now.

Congrats!

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Congratulations Jen, good luck for the future!

I AM TREMBLING
    Congratulations Jen, I told you, right?
    Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Maybe Wednesday Jasper... I am spouse visa ..congratulations to you also ... I am so happy
    Hi sweetlove! Congratulation! I am also waiting for my spousal visa. May I ask how long exactly you had to wait until you got your visa? Your news and jasper99's post sure cheered me up! This is the kind of news I need to hear when days like this come around. Feeling like it is forever waiting to be able to finally start our lives together.

Congrats dai!

Thread Information