Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    Hello Sweetlove,

no news yet. Still waiting, it will be 62 days on Thursday
    - excluding holidays and weekends.

It must be very soon now, maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
    And I am 59 working days now excluding holiday and weekends. ... Ohh my god! Yeah, hopefully we can hear good news soon ... fingers crossed

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I've never once given it a thought about counting days towards waiting for anything!

Been waiting for 45 working days.. This is so stressful.. So want to go to England and plan for my wedding while it's summer..don't like to have a winter wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Baruk View Post
    Been waiting for 45 working days.. This is so stressful.. So want to go to England and plan for my wedding while it's summer...
    It is what it is love, when you arrive here in England, you will feel like wanting to go back to Philippines because of the weather...so I would say, enjoy much of the sun while you are there and with your family, because when you arrive here, it's gonna be different and you will be miles miles miles away from them not unless if you can afford to go back there in every 3 months or less. Stop stressing yourself with the waiting stage of the visa, instead, enjoy Philippines while you are still there,,,besides you will be staying here more than you will stay there anyway, right?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaejon View Post
    It is what it is love, when you arrive here in England, you will feel like wanting to go back to Philippines because of the weather...so I would say, enjoy much of the sun while you are there and with your family, because when you arrive here, it's gonna be different and you will be miles miles miles away from them not unless if you can afford to go back there in every 3 months or less. Stop stressing yourself with the waiting stage of the visa, instead, enjoy Philippines while you are still there,,,besides you will be staying here more than you will stay there anyway, right?
    It funny because my wife loves the UK weather, with the changing seasons and all that she actually come back from the Phils after a 6 week vacation and was so glad to come home as the heat, humidity and congestion was making her feel rather ill out there.

I suppose she has really settled now after 18 months here which I am glad as she went through the home sickness phase ect also she gets to see her family back in the Phils for quite a long vacation every year and I know she's never been happier than she is now.

Anyway to all the guys on this thread I along with many of the other forum members will keep my fingers crossed for a very positive outcome and hope you all receive the golden visa soon and a forthcoming life here in the beautiful UK.....

I am actually more acclimatised here now than in the Philippines marksroomspain. I actually developed some facial rashes when I was there a month ago and I don't like getting too much sun on my skin as well. I love the 4 climatic seasons here in the UK, and every bit of the UK, it's just that I don't have my family here...I mean my immediate family. It would be an icing on a cake if I have them all here with me.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Weather in the UK for me .
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Weather in the UK for me .
    You'll adapt to the weather in time, how many times have you returned to Philippines Rayna?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    I know how you feel aprilmaejon sometimes I feel sorry for my wife with her been so far apart from her loved ones thats why I always give her support and time to go back when she wants also she speaks almost on a daily basis to them.

In the future my plans are to move permantly to Spain hence my name sake on here I have a lot of ties with that country and find it so beautiful.

Also I have told my wife if her parents would like to relocate there in the future the option is always open and a lot easier for them to achieve that.

Links between Spain and the Philippines means that they can become Spanish citizens after 2 years living there and not the notorious and virtually impossible move to the UK following rule changes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You'll adapt to the weather in time, how many times have you returned to Philippines Rayna?
    I've been here 2 yrs and 6 months and still don't like the weather. I've adapted to it already but still don't like the fact that it's colder than it's warmer. I would always prefer tropical weather than cold and very windy that the UK has. I've been to the Philippines just once since I got here.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I've been here 2 yrs and 6 months and still don't like the weather. I've adapted to it already but still don't like the fact that it's colder than it's warmer. I would always prefer tropical weather than cold and very windy that the UK has. I've been to the Philippines just once since I got here.
    I can't stand the heat in the Phils , makes me want to all the time, nothing wrong with the weather here , took the kids to Blackpool yesterday and last Sunday and got sunburnt both times
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I can't stand the heat in the Phils , makes me want to all the time, nothing wrong with the weather here , took the kids to Blackpool yesterday and last Sunday and got sunburnt both times
    The cold makes me want to all the time!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Don't get me wrong, I do like the weather in the UK, I was there during summer and winter. I don't like my wedding to be in winter is that, my wedding will be by the bay, and travel wise it gets really icy on the road don't want to be stranded. It will be a bit of drive from church to the hotel. That is just my concern. In fact I do love weather in UK than in Phil.

The cold makes me want to all the time!
    After you've lived here 10 years or more then go to Philippines, that's when you will find it too hot, dusty and noisy among many other things and you'll want to come back here. I'm saying this because of the hundred of British Filipina that have lived here 10 years or more have told me these things, also they all say the air is nice and fresh Here!

After you've lived here 10 years or more then go to Philippines, that's when you will find it too hot, dusty and noisy among many other things and you'll want to come back here. I'm saying this because of the hundred of British Filipina that have lived here 10 years or more have told me these things, also they all say the air is nice and fresh Here!
    Lol...weather in the Philippines won't make me choose to go back here than spend more holiday time there.. I'm very much used to the weather there that my body is resisting the weather here. I didn't even complain about it last time I was there, just the thought of going back here. I really hate the cold here.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Lol...weather in the Philippines won't make me choose to go back here than spend more holiday time there.. I'm very much used to the weather there that my body is resisting the weather here. I didn't even complain about it last time I was there, just the thought of going back here. I really hate the cold here.
    Bless you Rayna!

Bless you Rayna!
    Hahaha...but seriously, I'm used to the weather here now. But getting used to it doesn't mean I like it. I just couldn't be bothered most of the time now coz the weather here will never change. But I will not stop wishing to be in a place where it's always hot/warm and sunny, instead of being here in cold, damp, windy and wet UK.
    -=rayna.keith=-

So my step-kids got their visas (physically) this morning hurrah

However it says on the passport Indefinite leave to enter, whereas my wife who is already here has IL to remain

Does anyone know what the difference is

Thanks in advance

DECK

Quote Originally Posted by deckard97f View Post

However it says on the passport Indefinite leave to enter, whereas my wife who is already here has IL to remain

Thanks in advance

DECK
    I don't know about this matter but I guess because the mother is already in Indefinte so as the children as well....maybe that is how it rolls!

Anyway, I'm sure that other expert members here will respond to your question with a definite answer very soon...

Guys? What do you think? Am I right or definitely wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by deckard97f View Post

Thanks in advance

DECK
    ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) are in-principle both allowing the very same visa conditions once the holder arrives to UK, so don't be concerned about that.

The difference is solely 'visa-technical' in that ILR can only be officially issued within UK
    whereas
    ILE can only be issued outside UK in line with 'standard' Entry Clearance condition such as validity dates and expiry date.

Quite a few people with ILE actually apply for a No Time Limit endorsement (NTL) and this is very clear to employers that a right to work is granted. That ILE will show an expiry date and this can present potential employers with a challenge.

Look here at this link to see how to apply for NTL endorsement.

Be aware there is a yet another hefty charge of £104 for this.

Hope that clarifies the difference for you.

I really hate the cold here.
    Rayna ... I'd been going to say, "if guinea pigs *hibernated during the UK's cold winter months then you could've followed the example of yours".

But I've since read they *don't.

Hahaha...but seriously, I'm used to the weather here now. But getting used to it doesn't mean I like it. I just couldn't be bothered most of the time now coz the weather here will never change. But I will not stop wishing to be in a place where it's always hot/warm and sunny, instead of being here in cold, damp, windy and wet UK.
    You know Rayna, when my generation were kids, the seasons more or less fell into place on a very regular basis and we really used to look forward to the change of seasons especially after a hot long summer. It was the time we used to look forward to Bonfire night, Christmas, playing in the snow then the chocolate Easter Eggs and after that warmer weather and Summer Holidays. It all seems to have gone wrong somehow!

Hello jasper! Any news? Did you wife get a result already ? Me still nothing ... Till nextweek again :(

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Hello jasper! Any news? Did you wife get a result already ? Me still nothing ... Till nextweek again :(
    Hi there sweetlove.. I thought they already replied to you its been a week since they called you. Good luck though till next week again eh

Hi Sweetlove,

Sorry, no news here as well!

Another week to wait.

Our thread got hijacked by the weather girls haha

If they don't issue the visa, my fiancée needs her passport back so that we can go to Thailand or Singapore on holiday!

So I would like to have some decision sooner rather than later.

Not too unreasonable based on how much time they have had and how much the visa process service costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    The reason why you aren't getting any SMS updates from UKVI it is because your application is still on queue which is the same as my situation. In order for you to track it, go to UKVI website and there will be an option there in what way you can contact them, you have to fill out and give some info then you can enquire what you want to know. In tracking, you just have to say that you want to know the status of your application by giving your application number which starts with GWF and they will reply to your e-mail one or two working days after you sent the enquiry
    Hi Jentobeharrison! Thanks for the tip on how to track status of my visa application. Would you happen to have a page link to where we can find out how to contact them? Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by jasper999 View Post
    Hi Sweetlove,

Sorry, no news here as well!

Another week to wait.

Our thread got hijacked by the weather girls haha
    Yeah that's right .another week of waiting yeah. . Emailed the help last night about the status of application and it's says "the decsion of an in application was delayed for further on inquery conducted " god what kind of inquiry they are doing ,or they contact my sponsor employer, I hope it just my English test causing the delayed , :(

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi Jentobeharrison! Thanks for the tip on how to track status of my visa application. Would you happen to have a page link to where we can find out how to contact them? Thank you in advance!

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Just follow the instructions

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Yeah that's right .another week of waiting yeah. . Emailed the help last night about the status of application and it's says "the decsion of an in application was delayed for further on inquery conducted " god what kind of inquiry they are doing ,or they contact my sponsor employer, I hope it just my English test causing the delayed , :(

Honestly, I'll be really devastated if they will put my visa on hold just because of their issue with TOEIC English test because it is not the applicant's fault especially if one took the exam prior to their announcement. Eeerrr

Thread Information