Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

Financial requirements and Biometric for ILR

Can someone help me please ....

I am quite concerned of our financial status for my application for ILR, we are both working and above the minimum requirment for ILR financial status however since in work I am being paid weekly and hubby monthly we use my husband overdraft to pay some bills then pay them back once payment comes in monthly and will show on our bank statements. Also after Natwest mess up our bank accounts giving us new joint account and leaving the old ones my financial budgetting gone so bad!( am not pro on accounting) This is really worrying me but i can always make a budget plan for them to see that we are financially okay and can still save some.

And also the biometric id? Do i get this before i submit my application or after the application? i think i came across the application asking for this one...

Please help thanks in advance.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Biometric will be after application, they will notify you. Finance, don't know how you budget but I would try to keep clear of using overdraft if possible, remember only three monthly statements are required and as long as regular amounts are shown to be going in your a/c every month it may be ok. There may be some members on here who could tell you more ref overdraft. Hope you're successful with your application, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    Can someone help me please ....

I am quite concerned of our financial status for my application for ILR, we are both working and above the minimum requirment for ILR financial status however since in work I am being paid weekly and hubby monthly we use my husband overdraft to pay some bills then pay them back once payment comes in monthly and will show on our bank statements. Also after Natwest mess up our bank accounts giving us new joint account and leaving the old ones my financial budgetting gone so bad!( am not pro on accounting) This is really worrying me but i can always make a budget plan for them to see that we are financially okay and can still save some.

And also the biometric id? Do i get this before i submit my application or after the application? i think i came across the application asking for this one...

Please help thanks in advance.
    If my memory is correct I recall you're considered under 'old rules' and on a 2 year immigration journey.
    This means are not required to meet any Financial Requirements other than 'Adequate Maintenance'.
    Basically means showing a household income equal or greater than Income Support levels for a family of the same size.
    Current Income Support levels are £113.70 per weeks for a couple.

The application form SET(M) is also the application for the Biometric Residence Permits. (See Section 6 of SET(M))

UKVI are not really interested in details on how you budget or if you have savings or not

May I suggest you review the application form, I'm sure it'll be a great help for you
    You can download here

Good luck.

Thread Information