Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: ILE for my son?

ILE for my son?

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is fine, life is so busy here in the uk and didn't find time to drop by here until now.

We are planning to bring my son here to live with us. But worried they might not grant him the visa due to accommodation? We have a 3 year old daughter, and only got 2 bedroom house, my husband work night shift so he only sleep during the day, (me and my daughter sleep in our bedroom she got her own bed next to ours). So the other bedroom is vacant at the moment.

What do you guys think about this?

Some friends say they can't deny him a visa, because I am his mum and he got little sister here, and wants to be united bla bla. I want to hear your ideas and advice please?

Thank you so much for all your time guys.

Regards to all,
    Marlyn
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

How old is your son?

In terms of accommodation the ECO will only need to be satisfied that it is legally occupied by you both and will not be overcrowded according to the UK Housing Act 1985.

For details of the Housing Act and specifically the overcrowding section Look here.

You'll need to carefully review the requirements for demonstrating Sole Responsibility

Banned
    In the UK, laws depend on the area. If you are within a housing association property, the opposite sex siblings cannot share a room past age 10. It is not a law, per se, for private housing.

www.reference.com

The housing authorities view on this seemed to have relaxed over the years. In 1983 we went from a 2 bed to a 3 bedroom house within weeks of our daughter being born

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    In the UK, laws depend on the area. If you are within a housing association property, the opposite sex siblings cannot share a room past age 10. It is not a law, per se, for private housing.

www.reference.com

The housing authorities view on this seemed to have relaxed over the years. In 1983 we went from a 2 bed to a 3 bedroom house within weeks of our daughter being born
    I think the OP is concerned about impacts on Visa Application.
    It forms an integral and important part of the UK Immigration Rules and is used by the ECO to determine adequate accommodation when deciding on UK entry clearance for settlement.

Visa applications must comply with immigration rules.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marlyn&kenny View Post
    Hi guys,

Hope everyone is fine, life is so busy here in the uk and didn't find time to drop by here until now.

We are planning to bring my son here to live with us. But worried they might not grant him the visa due to accommodation? We have a 3 year old daughter, and only got 2 bedroom house, my husband work night shift so he only sleep during the day, (me and my daughter sleep in our bedroom she got her own bed next to ours). So the other bedroom is vacant at the moment.

What do you guys think about this?

Some friends say they can't deny him a visa, because I am his mum and he got little sister here, and wants to be united bla bla. I want to hear your ideas and advice please?

Thank you so much for all your time guys.

Regards to all,
    Marlyn
    You wont have a problem, Marlyn
    Dont forget, your living area downstairs will be in the mix. Living and dining rooms 50 square feet (Multiply the Length by the Width= Sq footage) or bigger can be used and will be calculated as such
    http://www3.westminster.gov.uk/docst...%20excerpt.pdf

I remember this when filling out the Visit Visa application in 2013 for the mother in law..We too have only a 2 bedroom house. At the time it was 3 adults and 2 boys living here. She got it with no problem

Banned
    Single nurse friend of my wife's (she's had a UK passport for about 5 years) has just got her 14 yr old son over

Some friends say they can't deny him a visa, because I am his mum and he got little sister here, and wants to be united bla bla.
    Of course they can refuse him a visa, no one has a legal right to a visa

Shouldn't be a problem with the accommodation, just mention that you and your husband and 3yr daughter share the same bedroom and so you have a empty room for your son.

As Peter has already asked, how old is your son? And also, as he has mentioned, be careful about sole responsibility. That's one thing some people are refused on
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Ok thank you so much for all your advice!

My son is turning 13 by October !

I got sole responsibility of my son, his dad is not on his birth certificate and he don't see him, we don't know where he is.
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Ok thank you so much for all your advice!

My son is turning 13 by October !

I got sole responsibility of my son, his dad is not on his birth certificate and he don't see him, we don't know where he is.
    I think you mean you have sole custody, that is not the same as 'sole responsibility'

It's possible you could have sole custody but not sole responsibility, or even have sole responsibility but not sole custody
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I think you mean you have sole custody, that is not the same as 'sole responsibility'

It's possible you could have sole custody but not sole responsibility, or even have sole responsibility but not sole custody
    Ooppps, I thought it's the same lol, sorry I'm bit thick
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Just a heads-up really.......Sole Responsibility is not the same as Sole Custody.

Sole Responsibility is a UKVI visa requirement.
    Custody is a Philippine legal indicator.

Here's a UKVI link on Sole Responsibility which should help -What is sole responsibility?

You really need to satisfy UKVI that you have been the sponsoring parent for a substantial period of time and that since your migration you have been the main person exercising parental responsibility for the child.

For visa applications this means clearly showing, with examples, that you hold, and have been holding, the ultimate responsibility for all the major decisions relating to the child’s upbringing and providing the child with the care and control and the majority of the financial, health, education, religious and emotional support needed.

Additionally you need to show that child's other biological parent contributes nothing to the child's upbringing in these essential areas.

Consider submitting proof of paying school and medical bills etc
    State how you made regular and substantial financial remittances and how you achieved a significant degree of contact and communication.
    Show you've made contact with the school, teachers, doctors etc

The outcome of sole responsibility centred visa applications do depend to a large extent on your own unique circumstances, and your ability to provide good supporting evidence.

We do have a number of members who have actually been in your position... hopefully they will be able to share their experience with you.

In the meantime please make a forum search under 'Sole Responsibility'......hopefully a lot of useful information will turn up for you.

If I misunderstood and you're all 'good to go' on Sole Responsibility then just ignore this posting

Thank you so much everyone. These informations are very helpful.
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Thread Information