Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Hi to one & all

Newbie (Restricted Access) Graham Brown's Avatar

Hi to one & all

Hi just found this site, I've been here in Phil for nearly 4yrs. Recently got married to my lovely wife Rosemarie. Now the hard work starts trying to get 13a sorted out and trying to see how I can adopt my step daughter. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Graham, I'm sure you'll find all the information you need on this site once members have read this, good luck for the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Brown View Post
    Hi just found this site, I've been here in Phil for nearly 4yrs. Recently got married to my lovely wife Rosemarie.Now the hard work starts trying to get 13a sorted out and trying how I can adopt my step daughter. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Welcome to the forum Graham

Try using the search function and that will give you a good start

Tish

Do me and my wife know you Graham? Because we lived in Dumaguete from 2011 for approx. eighteen months, should have seen you around also if your Rosemarie is local wonder if she knows my Maritess who originated from Siquijor!

Hi just found this site, I've been here in Phil for nearly 4yrs. Recently got married to my lovely wife Rosemarie. Now the hard work starts trying to get 13a sorted out and trying to see how I can adopt my step daughter. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Graham ... and congratulations on your recent to Rosemarie. Alas, I cannot help with the Form 13a, I'm afraid ... but, as regards adopting your new stepdaughter ... ... I guess much will depend on whether your wife already has sole custody of her and/or the biological father's right of access to his child.

Hi Arthur, Thanks for reply. My wife has legal custody as her daughter's father is not named on her birth certificate.

Hi Michael, I don't think we ever met, unfortunately. Having spent hours in the search option about adoption, all we can find is ppl already in the UK asking about adoption. My wife has no intention of leaving the Philippines or becoming a UK citizen. What I want to know is how do I adopt my stepdaughter here in Phil? The biological father is not named on her birth certificate

Hello Graham Brown, a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK

There's plenty of good information here for securing 13a and we have a number of regular members living in the Philippines who have been down that path and will help with any clarifications you need.

On the question of adopting your stepdaughter May I kindly suggest that your first step would be to review the Republic Act No.8552 - Rules and Policies on The Domestic Adoption of Filipino Children ??

Hope you'll enjoy our Forum and hopefully have time to share your experiences with us all

Trusted Member
    Welcome to the forum Graham.

Can't fault that name.

Welcome to the forum Graham, I hope that you find what you are looking for

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    to the forum Sir Graham. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hello Graham Brown, a warm welcome aboard Filipino UK

There's plenty of good information here for securing 13a and we have a number of regular members living in the Philippines who have been down that path and will help with any clarifications you need.

On the question of adopting your stepdaughter May I kindly suggest that your first step would be to review the Republic Act No.8552 - Rules and Policies on The Domestic Adoption of Filipino Children ??

Hope you'll enjoy our Forum and hopefully have time to share your experiences with us all
    Hi Terpe,Thank you for the links have carefully read it.We went to the Lawyer today to ask legal advice about whats legally required for domestic adoption. Which explain to us is exactly they same as in the link you sent. Up to now we understand that my four adult children who are all in their 40's have to give a written consent affidavit that has to be notarized by the Philippines consulate in the UK which will forwarded on to us..

Hi Graham and Rosemarie

kuya Phil ( & daddy Apin )

With regards notarity by Philippine Embassy and unless I misinterpret the law (quite possible regarding filipino law) the embassy only have to see "Acceptance of adoption confirmation letters" witnessed by "a responsible person" (doctor/solicitor/police officer etc) and sent with proof of signature/identity to the Philippine Embassy - I do not see why anyone needs to visit in person

I will try to call them tomorrow after my INR test - unless others here know better and can save my PAYG credit

I also understand your frustration regarding searching specific criteria (such as 13a) as I tried before inviting you to join and ask here sorry people I did try to help but it's so much easier when people answer directly in some instances (especially regarding those who have had personal experience)... not here to criticise I did try the search and sent many links, read many pages .... but got confused

Hi Michael, I don't think we ever met, unfortunately. Having spent hours in the search option about adoption, all we can find is ppl already in the UK asking about adoption. My wife has no intention of leaving the Philippines or becoming a UK citizen. What I want to know is how do I adopt my stepdaughter here in Phil? The biological father is not named on her birth certificate
    Tricky one for me Graham, but I'm sure everything will be resolved with the help of other members. Will be in Dumaguete back end of this year, would be nice to meet up sometime!

Thread Information