Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Do you think it would be wise to seek help with ILR application

I was just wondering I see it's 37 pages and I think it's difficult to fill and check everything is ok before sending
    Do citizens advice or the law centre or any one else help for free

I think you would have to pay a lawyer to check it. But there is plenty advice on here. My advice would be fill in as much as you can and ask questions on here about the things your not sure about.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Contact the Checking service, to find your local one just sign in 'Settlement Checking Services' You'll find them very helpful. We're doing my Maritess ILR paperwork this afternoon and having it checked at Settlement Checking Services next Friday the ninth, I've looked through everything and all looks pretty simple!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    We've been through the form Patrick and we find it straight forward. We are getting ready as well for my ILR early next year that's why we had a look and we are now on the process of collecting documents that's needed for the app.

The people above have already provided details but in my own opinion, there is no need to seek any legal advise as it is very straightforward. There are q's there that might raise confusion as usual but the forum is always here to help out when you needed one.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickm1978 View Post
    I was just wondering I see it's 37 pages and I think it's difficult to fill and check everything is ok before sending
    Do citizens advice or the law centre or any one else help for free
    Hi Patrick, I doubt you'll find any knowledgable organisations who'll perform a checking service for free......

Sadly the 'official' Settlement Checking Service is not available in NI. Unless you can organise a trip to England, Scotland or Wales for a booked appointment the only other option is to use the services of a local immigration advisor who has good experience.

As others have said, plenty of folks here have experienced ILR and I'm sure would help.

If you really feel you need help I'd have a 'checking service' from an approved immigration advisor.

If you have an interest in the UK Settlement Checking Service then click on this link

Patrick, you can complete the form yourself and as others have said seek advice on here for anything you are unsure about. DO USE THE SETTLEMENT CHECKING SERVICE. It cost a little bit extra but worth every penny plus you get your documents back same day. As I remember, the most difficult bit was finding letters with different dates spanning the 2 year period to prove my wife/stepdaughter had been living in the same place throughout!

Good luck, you will find plenty of other people on here to ask who have been through this recently, so no need for the legal advice.

Patrick is in Northern Ireland.
    There's no Settlement Checking Service available there. He'd need to travel to Great Britain
    ...somewhere.

Thread Information