Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Tier 2 UK Migrant Vsa application in VFS Global

Hi there, I would like to share my experiences in applying UK work permit visa in vfs global. I submitted my application on the 31st of March. My appointment time was 2pm, I was there @ 1pm and to my surprised although I was early on my appointment, the entire centre was packed with applicants and only 2 or 3 counters were open in receiving applications. It's like waiting forever for my number to be called. Finally past 5pm, I submitted all my documents and done my biometrics. Monday is always busy I guess!

Then here comes the SMS updates, I avail this one because the tracking website for application is no longer working. Instead there is a new inquiry services thru web chat, email, and call. Ofcourse, this is not free. You have to pay in POUNDS online.

Back to SMS updates, As soon as I submitted all my documents I received two messages. First, Visa application, GWF---- has been forwarded to the UKVI decision making RO pending centre Manila on 3/31/2014.
    Second message: Visa application, GWF---- has been forwarded to the UKVI decision making RO completed and biometric pending centre manila on 3/31/14. And then around 10:13 PM, I received another SMS- Visa application, GWF---- has been forwarded to the UKVI decision making RO completed and biometric completed centre manila on 3/31/14. Seems pretty good isn't?
    The following day(1st april) I received another text message: Visa application, GWF---- has been forwarded to the UKVI decision making outscan from VAC to embassy centre manila.
    And then, the WAITING GAME begins. After the last SMS updates, I didn't have a clue what's goin on with my application. No more messages. I waited for another week and there is none. So i decided to avail the web chat which cost me £4. He said my visa app still in process and I have to wait. OKay, so I waited for another 2 nerve racking weeks. Finally, on the 16th of april 5:30 pm, I've got a text message - Visa application, GWF---- has been forwarded to the UKVI decision making inscan at VAC from embassy centre manila. And I also received an email on the same day - Visa application, tracking ID No. UK-PHI-PMI----- – Your processed passport has been despatched from the UKVI Decision Making Centre , to the UK Visa Application Centre.' I was like, what does it mean? My heart is pounding. So to make sure, I inquire again thru web chat, the one I was chatting with said 'your application status indicates it is in the process and perhaps check again after one week or so?'. I was confused since I received an email that my processed passport has been despatched. I mentioned the email, and then he replied back " it means its been processed and despatched. Our system could have a delay in updating the real time situation."
    Not so very accurate system! So I asked if its ready for collection soon, he said "can't estimate when exactly it will be ready". FRUSTRATING! I have to rebooked my ticket!
    So I waited for another week again for SMS for collection, until I can't no longer sit and wait so decided to call UK VISAS AND IMMIGRATION this morning 29th of April. He said my passport is completed and ready for pick up since April 16. I was mad! Its been due for collection for more than a week!
    To make my story short, I collected my passport today and my visa is granted. I will be back in UK next week. It took me 29 days instead of 15 days only if the web chat officer provides me with the right info and updates. But still I'm so Happy and relieved that the waiting for UK visa is over! Next is POEA for clearance. ha ha

Hi there! Congrats on your visa! Can I ask the contact number of the UK Visas and Immigration? I would like to follow up my application as its taking ages to wait for the decision and I need an accurate answer from them. Thanks in advance.

Congratulations vc_london for your visa approval. Well done!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    Hi there! Congrats on your visa! Can I ask the contact number of the UK Visas and Immigration? I would like to follow up my application as its taking ages to wait for the decision and I need an accurate answer from them. Thanks in advance.
    This is the number - 00 44 1243 217 890
    Local opening times: 9.00am - 5.00pm
    This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition the standard network charges. Have a valid credit or debit card ready. You will not be charged until you are connected to an advisor.

Goodluck! I hope everything goes well for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by vc_london View Post
    This is the number - 00 44 1243 217 890
    Local opening times: 9.00am - 5.00pm
    This is a paid service and there is a cost of £1.37 UK Sterling per minute in addition the standard network charges. Have a valid credit or debit card ready. You will not be charged until you are connected to an advisor.

Goodluck! I hope everything goes well for you too.
    Thank you so much and good luck on your journey

Thread Information