Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post

I am wondering how does the status being upgraded?
    You are henceforth entitled to use the Private Messaging facility ... one of the MAIN privileges which Respected membership bestows.

is it the number of posts?? THANKS again
    .............. counts too ... particularly where their content is considered helpful to others. Yours (#24 above) for instance.

http://ukvi-international.faq-help.com , i wrote to this link again and this is their reply:

Dear Cherrie, Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International enquiry service. The arrangement that the Home Office had with Educational Testing Service (ETS) to provide Secure English Language Testing (SELT) ended on 5 April 2014. As a result we have suspended accepting ETS tests as evidence of English language ability from new applicants. If you wish to make an application you should read the list of providers and take a test with an alternative provider. You can check the list of English Tests approved by the Home Office and the updates in this link:.https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-for-uk-visa- approved-english-language-tests We hope that this has answered your query. For any further details, or should you need to contact us again, please refer to our website at:.http://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/ We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for improvements..https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UKVI-CSAT.Thank you in advance for your time. UKVI International Enquiry Service
    Personally I think that was a disgraceful reply and a complete waste of time.
    The new International Help Team have done nothing more than copy and paste the existing unhelpful statement issued by UKVI which was already published on the GOV website here

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Personally I think that was a disgraceful reply and a complete waste of time.
    The new International Help Team have done nothing more than copy and paste the existing unhelpful statement issued by UKVI which was already published on the GOV website here
    Sir Peter, can you suggest other ways of contacting UKVI? Phoning them and writing to them only directs me back to International Enquiry Service. Or shall I just wait on what UKVI will say about my ETS Certificate when they already assessed my documents?

Sir Peter, can you suggest other ways of contacting UKVI? Phoning them and writing to them only directs me back to International Enquiry Service. Or shall I just wait on what UKVI will say about my ETS Certificate when they already assessed my documents?
    Well Cherrie, being realistic you've no choice but to wait for the UKVI decision on your application. Withdrawing at this stage means you'd lose your fee payment and would still not know whether your TOEIC would have been accepted or not.

The reason to keep probing for clarity from UKVI on your question is primarily to help ease the stress level (by taking some action) and also to force UKVI to update their position.

Why not take a no-cost approach and send again to the International Enquiry Service.
    Try to be more specific such as asking will your TOEIC be accepted by UKVI since you already submittted your Visa Application before UKVI issued their statement about ETS.
    Tell them you want a specific answer and do not require links to UKVI webpages which you can access without the need for an International Enquiry Service.

Use as many different contact details as you can find.

Well that's what I'd do anyway.......but then I just like to see who will respond so I have yet another contact detail.

Might be worth trying manilavisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk with a specific question and also saying that the International Enquiry Centre doesn't not know the answer.

You could send one to the above e-mail and mark For The Attention of the Entry Clearance Officer
    with another one marked For The Attention of the Entry Clearance Manager.

It just depends how you feel about it. I hate to give up.

I'm still pressing UKVI for a confirmation in writing about entering UK with an expired TB certificate.
    I'm determined to get an answer.
    Whenever a month has passed I usually make request for the answer under Freedom of Information to the Home Office

Well Cherrie, being realistic you've no choice but to wait for the UKVI decision on your application. Withdrawing at this stage means you'd lose your fee payment and would still not know whether your TOEIC would have been accepted or not.

The reason to keep probing for clarity from UKVI on your question is primarily to help ease the stress level (by taking some action) and also to force UKVI to update their position.

Why not take a no-cost approach and send again to the International Enquiry Service.
    Try to be more specific such as asking will your TOEIC be accepted by UKVI since you already submittted your Visa Application before UKVI issued their statement about ETS.
    Tell them you want a specific answer and do not require links to UKVI webpages which you can access without the need for an International Enquiry Service.

Use as many different contact details as you can find.

Well that's what I'd do anyway.......but then I just like to see who will respond so I have yet another contact detail.
    Actually I'm waiting for their reply again since they didn't answer the most important question in my mind. I sent another message to them last night. Thanks Sir Peter, maybe I need to annoy them more so they will give me a direct answer.

Might be worth trying manilavisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk with a specific question and also saying that the International Enquiry Centre doesn't not know the answer.

You could send one to the above e-mail and mark For The Attention of the Entry Clearance Officer
    with another one marked For The Attention of the Entry Clearance Manager.

It just depends how you feel about it. I hate to give up.

I'm still pressing UKVI for a confirmation in writing about entering UK with an expired TB certificate.
    I'm determined to get an answer.
    Whenever a month has passed I usually make request for the answer under Freedom of Information to the Home Office

I'll try this one now..

Your eagerness to get an answer is very commendable.

No reply still from http://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/. Almost 72 hours now since I made the first inquiry and almost 48 hours for the second. I'll send it to them few more times again.

No reply as well from the email you gave me, Sir Peter.

Well my emails have received the same vague 'copy and paste' replies as Cherrie got.
    But I did email Hopkins and their reply was more promising, i think ...

"Thank you for contacting TOEIC Philippines

We would like to inform you that only TOEIC scores acquired on test dates starting from April 6, 2014 and beyond can no longer be used for UK visa purposes.
    Since your wife had taken the test prior to the said date it will still be accepted by the UK Border Agency."

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH76 View Post
    Well my emails have received the same vague 'copy and paste' replies as Cherrie got.

We would like to inform you that only TOEIC scores acquired on test dates starting from April 6, 2014 and beyond can no longer be used for UK visa purposes.
    Since your wife had taken the test prior to the said date it will still be accepted by the UK Border Agency."

Thanks for the update Sir Neil. That's another little hope for me. I tried mailing Hopkins as well but the delivery of my mail kept on failing. That's a very nice answer from them but would be better if that answer came from UKVI itself. Im crossing my fingers though that we can rely on Hopkin's statement.

So will Aya use her ETS Certificate for her application?

The arrangement that the Home Office had with Educational Testing Service (ETS) to provide Secure English Language Testing (SELT) ended on 5 April 2014. We will be removing ETS from the list of approved SELT providers through changes to the Immigration Rules.

Applicants with an ETS language certificate will be subject to interview by UKVI.

As a result we have suspended accepting ETS tests as evidence of English language ability from new applicants. If you wish to make an application you should read the list of providers and take a test with an alternative provider.
    They have conflicting statements.

I am not sure, i know there is a test on May 10th she can take so still hoping for a more official reply before then.

But if i hadnt been on this site we would never have known about the expiry of TOIEC, so what happens to those people who have not found out about the change? its a bit harsh to not accept past tests.

I am not sure, i know there is a test on May 10th she can take so still hoping for a more official reply before then.

But if i hadnt been on this site we would never have known about the expiry of TOIEC, so what happens to those people who have not found out about the change? its a bit harsh to not accept past tests.
    Yeah, I hope we can get an official reply from them. Same here, I just found it on here, well that's after I made my application. I don't know what happens to those who have not found out. Bless them. Maybe they didn't accept ETS certificate anymore on the 18th of April. Not sure.

Still no answer to my question but these:

Dear Cherrie, Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigrations international enquiry services. As per the information I can retrieve from the system dated 23rd of April, the visa application has not yet been assessed by an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). Please be aware that we might have a 2-3 working days delay regarding the 'live' application. So, for now, we cannot yet tell you if the ECO accepted the your application with the English Certificate you provided. We hope that this has answered your query.

For any further details, or should you contact us again, please refer to our website at

.https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

Best regards, Frederico Lopes.

We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for improvements. Thank you in advance for your time..

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ukvi-csat

Dear Cherrie, Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigrations international enquiry service. We are not able to give any information about the decision of the Home Office. Currently your application is in the process. Once the decision have been made you will be notified. Please be patient as this may take a few days.

Please note, unless you are using a priority service, our standards say that we will process: 90 per cent of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98 per cent within 6 weeks and 100 per cent within 12 weeks of the application date; and 95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date. We define 1 week as 5 working days. We hope that this has answered your query. For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please refer to our website at

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/

We would like to invite you to participate in a brief survey about the service you received from us to identify strengths and opportunities for improvements. Thank you in advance for your time.

https://www.surveymonkeys.com/s/ukvi-csat

Many thanks,
    Christine Gale UKVI

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hang on in there Cherrie I am sure you will get a positive result soon.....

Respected Member

Sherierl from Leyte

Cherrie is a very good friend of ours and we are almost certain that a Spouses Visa will be granted, we think she is extremely intelligent and Gwapa beautiful, good luck qualified nurse. Cherrie you deserve the Visa

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hang on in there Cherrie I am sure you will get a positive result soon.....
    Thank you Sir Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by sheriel View Post
    Cherrie is a very good friend of ours and we are almost certain that a Spouses Visa will be granted, we think she is extremely intelligent and Gwapa beautiful, good luck qualified nurse. Cherrie you deserve the Visa
    Thank you Sheriel and John. Im considering this as a good sign for me. Much appreciated and for the compliments as well.

Hello Cherrie,

Did you ever get a useful reply for the Embassy?

So it means I can still use my TOEIC certificate I took in November last year for my visa application? Woohooo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information