Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Help! Domestic Worker Misconduct and Misbehavior

Hi,

I just processed my domestic worker's extension of stay end of Feb 2014. She got it at mid March.

I discovered from a Filipina friend of mine that she has been saying bad things about me and lying about how we treat her. Apparently she obtained a filipina contact with ILR/British citenship who is also working a domestic worker who offered to help her find a job with higher pay. She has been highly motivated by money and has done me wrong in the past by saying bad things about me and lying behind my back and not following instructions on how to raise my child/children. I have given her a chance again because her family needs it inhe Philippines but she has betrayed me. She plan to leave without telling me and my husband in early May to seek employment somewhere else. A friend told me this because she found out our domestic worker has been lying to get what she wants and also betrayed her trust by gossiping about her having an affair with her husband's friend.

Anyways, our domestic worker owe us a lot of money (PhP 190,000+ or £2500+). She is lying about being treated badly at home to seek new employment and be free and not pay her debt.

Where do I report this misconduct? She shouldn't be allowed to work like this here in the UK. We plan to send her home. How do we do that?

I have children of 3 and pregnant again. I donot want my children around someone with an attitude like this and I'd rather find an au pair or take care of my children on my own for the moment.

Her domestic worker Visa was obtained in Feb 2012 before the change in 6 April 2012 of immigration rules for domestic workers.

Please help. Need advice.

I feel really betrayed and deeply hurt as we have treated her like a family. But I dont want to tolerate her attitude anymore. And want to send her back to our contry, Philippines.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I'm sorry about the current situation you are in. I don't really know what the exact thing to do but I think you will need to contact UKVI to inform them about intending to cancel her employment. I hope others will give you more appropriate advice.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information