Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How to prepare for life in the uk test.

Hi guys!
    I am now preparing for my life in the uk exam and am just wondering how you guys prepared for the test. There are so many things to remember. Please give me some tips on how to better prepare for the test. Thank you!

Banned
    I passed the test in February and this is my experience . The following is valid in 2014

1) You must read the handbook once or twice at least

2) I revised using the official question book - the questions there were actually easy ( Easier than in the official test)

3) Do even more questions - there are a lot of websites out there - you can use:

a) Life in the UK practice tests - these are Free

b) Paid Life in the UK tests

After you think you can pass most of the tests with 75% or above, you are ready to book the test because practice questions are actually harder that the official ones
    Last edited by raynaputi; 22nd April 2014 at 17:59. Reason: links removed

Hello, I just read the book, practiced online. Everytime I got wrong answers I went back to its main topic.....hope it helps

Thank you so much guys! I have been practicing using the official question book. Fingers crossed it will be enough for me to pass the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Paully View Post
    Thank you so much guys! I have been practicing using the official question book. Fingers crossed it will be enough for me to pass the test.
    Everyone has different ways of learning, but I'd certainly suggest taking as many practice tests as you can. They give you you a decent understanding on how the questions might get worded in the 'actual test' and they also give you confidence on how to understand the correct answer.

The questions are multiple-choice based so that can help prompt your thining in those tricky moments when your mind goes blank.

Practise, practise and practise there's no short cuts.......

My wife took the life in the uk test

It took 3 attempts for her to pass

You really have to read all 3 books to prepare

What helped my wife was she bought the Life In The UK Test app she done practice tests all the time. When she started getting really good scores we knew she was ready.

If you don't pass, keep your head

Keep trying and you will pass

God bless, good luck

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    This may be late for a reply but might as well share with you what I did to pass mine for first time

I have read the book twice and whilst reading it memorizing it while writing it down (as it helps me memorize faster that way)

The question on the test is how it is will be on the test itself, some rephrase but close to it. So if you really want to pass it not just you understand it, memorize it it helps and gives you the confidence so much you will take the test only for five minutes!! (faster than the actual processing of taking test which took almost 2 hours!) And when you book your test, make sure you bring exactly what you used as an ID online, and make sure everything matches up in the document!!) I felt bad for those people who were declined to take the test right there and then because they have different names, different ID ...

I just bought the test packs & CD .. my wife doesnt need to take it for 5 years but my friend who works for the home office and does the tests for students says you take the test at any time you want between arriving in the UK and the ILR application.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    I still have my reviewer for Life in the UK 2013 anyone interested in having a copy PM me

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    I just bought the test packs & CD .. my wife doesnt need to take it for 5 years but my friend who works for the home office and does the tests for students says you take the test at any time you want between arriving in the UK and the ILR application.
    That's a sound idea John.....better to get it done and dusted while she's not busy working and has time to study without too many pressures.

I haven't even thought of taking that test yet. Of course, I've only been in the UK since September 2013 so it'll be a while before I cross that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paully View Post
    Hi guys!
    I am now preparing for my life in the uk exam and am just wondering how you guys prepared for the test. There are so many things to remember. Please give me some tips on how to better prepare for the test. Thank you!
    I just quickly browse the book and read it thoroughly a day before my exam.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thread Information