Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    The paperwork confirming her pass is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    Arthur I just wanted to know if there's a certificate to come or is the paper work confirming her pass all she needs. Do you know? Thanks
    ... 'fraid I didn't know - since my wife came here prior to the English Tests being introduced - otherwise I'd have been able to answer your question. But ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    The paperwork confirming her pass is ok!
    ... Michael's reply, - has since verified the paperwork referred to, as being adequate for the purpose.

Ok Michael and Arthur, I just wanted to be sure before we posted it off, thanks for your help.

That's my wifes ILR Application in the post as of yesterday 21st. Any ideas as to how long it will take to process?

That's my wifes ILR Application in the post as of yesterday 21st. Any ideas as to how long it will take to process?
    The Checking Service sent ours and the lady told us no longer than seventeen weeks Brian!

Checking Service? Seventeen Weeks? That's 4 months, my wife's visa runs out on 16th August.

Checking Service? Seventeen Weeks? That's 4 months, my wife's visa runs out on 16th August.
    I'm sure that's ok as they will have received it before her visa expires Brian. Our application was posted 8th May and we haven't received anything yet, I'll let you know as soon as we hear!

Your wife's immigration status will remain just the same as it was at the date of application so no worries
    Here's wishing you both a speedy and positive outcome

Hi, haven't been on the site for a few months after posting my wife's ILR application in July, but I'm now back to let you all know that she got a letter from the Home Office on Friday the 14th Nov to say that her ILR has been approved.

! The long wait and hard struggle is over! We first met in Jan 2010, got married in June 2010 in Cebu, and couldn't be happier with each other. Well we could - if we had a bigger house and more money lol, but other than that we are happy enough.

I want to thank everyone for their help and advice on this site. First and foremost, I/we thank the Lord for bringing us together and guiding us all the way through this, for answering our prayers concerning the ILR and all our prayers all the way through the process, and the prayers of our local Presbyterian Church. THANK YOU LORD JESUS.

Then we'd like to thank Terpe, Arthur Little, Raynaputi and others whose names I can't even remember for all the help & advice given to us over the months - even years.

Thank you folks & God Bless you all.

Merry Christmas from Colin & Memie.

Very nice of you to thank everyone for help given to you Brian, good luck for the future and all the best to you both!

Very glad to learn the rollercoaster ride was worth it all

Well done you both

Enjoy your Christmas and hope you new year will be just great.

Thanks so much for updating us all

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Congrats Colin and Memie!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Aaaaaah, this is doing my head in! It seems to be never ending processes. There's me thinking we are finished with all this hassle but now my wife's thinking of British Citizenship. She's here 3 years next June. Arrived June 2012.

So she can't apply until after that date.

Any links to the application form and fees?

Any advice as to filling in the forms would be appreciated, thanks.

Banned
    Aaaaaah, this is doing my head in! It seems to be never ending processes. There's me thinking we are finished with all this hassle but now my wife's thinking of British Citizenship. She's here 3 years next June. Arrived June 2012.

So she can't apply until after that date.

Any links to the application form and fees?

Any advice as to filling in the forms would be appreciated, thanks.
    The only thing I can say is that unfortunately there is no checking service you can use in Northern Ireland - not sure if you could pop over to the mainland and use a council here

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...onality_checki

Why would I need a checking service? We didn't need them before.

Respected Member
    One of the main benefits of the checking service is that they will take copies of your original documents and return them to you there and then, sending away the approved photocopies.

Except I don't think we have a checking service in N.I. Or do we?

Banned
    Except I don't think we have a checking service in N.I. Or do we?
    No checking service in NI

Yeah, I thought not. Didn't need them before - so don't see why we would need them now anyway.

I'm wondering what on earth has happened since I last checked on our progress. This evening I said to my wife that we need to check how many days she is allowed out of the country as we plan to travel to PH for a holiday later this year. This led to me finding to my alarm that it seems the goalposts have been moved for us.
    My wife arrived March 2014 on a spouse visa that expires Nov 2016. I was led to believe that we should apply for ILR 2 weeks before expiration of the spouse visa. Now when checking the UK visa site, it appears that we now have to wait 5 years! The big problem is that as stated above, the spouse visa expires in Nov 2016, also, her passport expires in 2018.
    I obviously need to find out what the hell is happening, but wondered if anyone is in a similar situation.
    It really has upset us tonight, & I still don't know how many days we're allowed for Ella to travel outside the UK before we apply for ILR!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-and-Ella View Post
    I'm wondering what on earth has happened since I last checked on our progress. This evening I said to my wife that we need to check how many days she is allowed out of the country as we plan to travel to PH for a holiday later this year. This led to me finding to my alarm that it seems the goalposts have been moved for us.
    My wife arrived March 2014 on a spouse visa that expires Nov 2016. I was led to believe that we should apply for ILR 2 weeks before expiration of the spouse visa. Now when checking the UK visa site, it appears that we now have to wait 5 years! The big problem is that as stated above, the spouse visa expires in Nov 2016, also, her passport expires in 2018.
    I obviously need to find out what the hell is happening, but wondered if anyone is in a similar situation.
    It really has upset us tonight, & I still don't know how many days we're allowed for Ella to travel outside the UK before we apply for ILR!
    I don't think the goalposts have moved. I think you just misunderstood the rules when applying for the visa.

Your wife's visa was issued under a two stage 5 year immigration schedule before eligibility for settlement under ILR
    This has been the case for all family settlement applicants since July 2012

Your wife has been initially issued with a visa valid for 33 months.
    Shortly before reaching her 30 month anniversary she needs to apply for the second FLR(M) which will again be issued under a 30 month validity.
    Shortly before (28 days max) that second FLR(M) visa expiry she'll be eligible for application of ILR

During her time under the spouse visa there's really no specific limitations on the number of days she can be out of UK. There's only an absence count back when it comes to naturalisation. Generally if the number of days outside of UK is limited to 90 days per year she'll be fine.
    If she has any plan to be out of UK for more than 90 days in any one year period then you'll need to review that plan against the qualifying residence requirements in force at that time.

There are other significant changes that WILL impact you when time comes for that second FLR relating to an NHS surcharge. I'd suggest you review that one as the costs are not small.

Hi Terpe, thanks for the helpful reply. I must admit, this is news to me, & to others who have been advising us. The whole process is just so complicated & reading through all the relevant information online is just daunting. I actually thought that that we'd done the hard part, but it seems it's never ending. I have a couple more questions. My wife's passport expires in 2018, will she be able to renew a PH passport here in UK? Is it advisable to apply for the biometric ID card?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi Terpe, thanks for the helpful reply. I must admit, this is news to me, & to others who have been advising us. The whole process is just so complicated & reading through all the relevant information online is just daunting. I actually thought that that we'd done the hard part, but it seems it's never ending. I have a couple more questions. My wife's passport expires in 2018, will she be able to renew a PH passport here in UK? Is it advisable to apply for the biometric ID card?
    Yes she will be able to renew her passport here in the UK. Although she must go in person to Philippine Embassy in London. Here's the thread about the process and requirements: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....Embassy-London
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi Terpe, thanks for the helpful reply. I must admit, this is news to me, & to others who have been advising us.......
    Hi Nick & Ella,
    That's quite surprising as the current 5 year immigration journey and all it entails has been in place since July 2012
    It was subject to a considerable consultation period prior to being presented for approval by parliament.
    You surely must have been aware of the requirements when you applied for a settlement visa.

Once embarked on an immigration journey it's of paramount importance to keep abreast of the various changes that get made.

At least you can be sure of up to date and accurate advise here from the many members who are currently following the same route as yourselves.

............Is it advisable to apply for the biometric ID card?
    The Biometrice Residence Permit (BRP) application will be part of the second FLR(M) application.
    There's no other route.

Thanks again for the advice Terpe.

Thanks again for the advice Terpe.
    Hi Nick & Ella,

I think it might be well worth having a quick review of these recent threads on significant changes that have been introduced now
    (Better sit down before reading)

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....million-a-year

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....rom-April-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi Nick & Ella,

I think it might be well worth having a quick review of these recent threads on significant changes that have been introduced now
    (Better sit down before reading)

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....million-a-year

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....rom-April-2015
    Thanks again; things don't get any easier! :(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information