Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: No Bank Account

Respected Member

No Bank Account

Very quick question, I have been living in tue Philippines for 5 years work8ng for a company who pay me by cashable cheque. As such I have never needed a bank account here and I do not hav3 a bank account in the UK.

I can however provide all documents from my work which show how much I earn along with a letter from my work confirming i get paid by cashable cheque.

would this be satisfactory?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post

For what ?
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Sorry, for a settlement visa application for my wife.

Very quick question, I have been living in tue Philippines for 5 years work8ng for a company who pay me by cashable cheque. As such I have never needed a bank account here and I do not hav3 a bank account in the UK.

I can however provide all documents from my work which show how much I earn along with a letter from my work confirming i get paid by cashable cheque.

I am not entirely sure about your case.... Maybe satisfactory if you can really show that you earn £18,600 annually or php1,400,000.

If you haven't got any bank account in the UK, how will you show stuff like proof of address here in the UK?

Respected Member
    I currently live in the Philippines as I have for the past 5 years. I will be living with my parents for the first few weeks upon my return, I have provided paperwork which prove my parents' address.

Trusted Member
    Hi.

What about your future employment in the UK ?

I currently live in the Philippines as I have for the past 5 years. I will b3 living with my parents for the first few weeks upon my return, I have provided paperworks which prove my parents address.
    I'm sure you'll be able to secure sufficient documentary evidence support your employment income.
    You'll need to demonstrate a Philippines salary paid at the UK equivalent of £18600 per year gross.

Do you have a firm offer of employment in UK with a salary at £18600 ?

If you're arriving into UK without an employment offer then it could well be a tough road and bit of a wait until you become eligible for submitting a visa application.

Banned
    surely the best way is to return to the UK--get a job paying the required salary--get a suitable place to live--work for 6 months to provide the payslips--and then apply for the visa.

those 6 months will fly by.

oh--and open a bank a/c

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post

oh--and open a bank a/c

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    surely the best way is to return to the UK--get a job paying the required salary--get a suitable place to live--work for 6 months to provide the payslips--and then apply for the visa.

those 6 months will fly by.
    F
    oh--and open a bank a/c
    + 1

Hard to believe that people do not have any sort of banking account in these modern times. I just counted 5 that I have off the top of my head. Two saving, one current, one joint, and one PNB account.

I would be lost without any account and it would be a nightmare paying normal bills.

Sorry to sound so negative but there's a lot of paperwork and forms to fill in before I would think about applying for a spouse visa.

6 months' pay slips would be the first thing you need going in to a bank account that is healthy and not in the red.

Respected Member
    Hi guys,

I have up to 6 years' worth of payslips.

The company I work for in the Philippines will still be employing me when I return to the UK so I'm not going to go looking for another job when I have one.

I also have the contract of employment from my work along with letter of agreement.

The only sticking point is I've never needed a bank account in the Philippines and I closed my account in the UK when I left in 2008.

Hi guys,

I have up to 6 years' worth of payslips.

The company I work for in the Philippines will still be employing me when I return to the UK so I'm not going to go looking for another job when I have one.

I also have the contract of employment from my work along with letter of agreement.

The only sticking point is I've never needed a bank account in the Philippines and I closed my account in the UK when I left in2008.
    I am sure 6 months pay slips is adequate but there is no harm in adding a few more, I sent in 6 months pay slips and my last two P60"s

I am sure that another requirement when applying for a spouse visa is 6 months of bank statements. I am not sure if there is any way around this, someone else might be able to give more advice on this banking issue.

Thread Information