Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

FLR the next step

Hi guys,

Well now my wife has been here for two months I thought it was time to now look at the long term plan for 2.5 years. Looking at the 6 peices of evidence and joint names.
    We lodge with our parents so joint electric bills etc does not seem an option.

Does anyone have any more tips on what else we could supply & submit at that time?

Also my wife visa started on 4/1/14 valid 4/10/16 so 2.5 years is July 4th. Can you advise on when we actually subit the FLR & documents?

Many thanks

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi guys,

Well now my wife has been here for two months I thought it was time to now look at the long term plan for 2.5 years. Looking at the 6 peices of evidence and joint names.
    We lodge with our parents so joint electric bills etc does not seem an option.

Does anyone have any more tips on what else we could supply & submit at that time?

Also my wife visa started on 4/1/14 valid 4/10/16 so 2.5 years is July 4th. Can you advise on when we actually subit the FLR & documents?

Many thanks

John
    Keep letters from the GP, HMRC, DVLA, mobile bill statement, TV license, letter from employers, bank statements (addressed to your wife), I presume that soon she will be working so she should have proof of addresses as mentioned above in 2.5 years time. You yourself should keep all the same proof of addresses. It don't need to be on joint names, just provide proof of addresses which is the same addresses with your wife. 6 for her and 6 for you, so 12 in total.

Submit the requirements for FLR application 28 days before the current visa expires...

Home Office will need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.
    For example – 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address. In total 8 items will need to be submitted.
    If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
    Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
    The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2.5 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.
    Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2 and half year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2 and half year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

ACCEPTABLE LETTERS and DOCUMENTS:

A. letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
    B. bank statements/letters
    C. building society savings books/letters council tax bills or statements electricity and/or gas bills or statements
    D. water rates bills or statements
    E. mortgage statements/agreement
    tenancy agreement(s) telephone bills or statements
    F. letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for
    Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing

Hope this answers your query... :-)

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hiya John,

Your wifes 30 months first period of FLR starts the day she actually entered the UK.

So say for example your wife arrived in the UK on 10th Feb 2014 then she would have to apply for the second stage of FLR no later than 10th August 2016 ie: 30 months from date of arrival.

She can apply 28 days before that date so that would be no earlier than 13th July 2016 but make sure it is applied for and received by UKVI before the expiry of her 30 month stay ie: in UKVI's hands no later than 10th August 2016.

Like I say just an example but you can work out from that what I mean...

Many thanks guys for your help and advice, at least I now have some dates and actions to aim for. Blessings John
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

hi john, I have been so busy , im sorry I missed reading your updates, my late congratulations on your marriage and bringing your wife to uk, im realy pleased for you both

John,
    I may be way off here and stand to be corrected, but here's the way I understand it.

Section 12C applies to:-
    ..Unmarried and same-sex partners (and any spouse or civil partner who has completed 2 years’ leave in thatncategory but is applying for an extension of stay rather than indefinite leave to remain)...
    As far as I know UKVI do not usually require evidence of co-habitation from those applying for leave to remain as a spouse or civil partner for the first time.

So unless I'm wrong there's no mandatory requirement to provide such evidence of co-habitation when making application for FLR(M)

That's potentially one less concern for you both.

To be honest I'm not really fully updated on that so it might be worth checking with UKVI if you want.

Maybe others have a different idea.
    Would be good to get definitive answer.
    It certainly wouldn't do your application any harm at all to include proof of co-habitation so maybe just go ahead, but don't get too hung up on it. I've not known any refusals on that.

There's definitely a requirement for such evidence when your wife makes application for her ILR.

The evidence of co-habitation at that time will need to be spread over the 2 year period prior to the date of ILR application.

....Also my wife visa started on 4/1/14 valid 4/10/16 so 2.5 years is July 4th. Can you advise on when we actually subit the FLR & documents?....
    Yes John, that initial 'spouse visa' is issued with 33 months validity which gives a time-buffer to make the relocation to UK and also to ensure that applicant are given the best chance of achieving the mandatory 30 months living in UK.

As marksroomspain intimates your wife can apply for her second FLR(M) 28 days prior to her 30 month living in UK anniversary at the earliest and current visa expiry at the latest.
    Earlier is better than later.

Hi guys.
    I am still abit confused about this FLR .
    Because we live my parents I can only get 3 joint accounts & I am not sure how easy it will be to get another 3 items each from official sources.

Does this part refer to some way around the issue?

""Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the items are not addressed to
    both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for
    some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

Is there a difference between LEAVE to REMAIN and FLR & ILR?

Many thanks

John

Hi guys.
    I am still abit confused about this FLR .
    Because we live my parents I can only get 3 joint accounts & I am not sure how easy it will be to get another 3 items each from official sources.

Does this part refer to some way around the issue?

""Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the items are not addressed to
    both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for
    some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

Is there a difference between LEAVE to REMAIN and FLR & ILR?

Many thanks

John
    John FLR(M) doesn't require "6 items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together during the past 2 years"

If you review the form you'll see that section 12c only applies to "Unmarried and same-sex partners (and any spouse or civil partner who has completed 2 years’ leave in that category but is applying for an extension of stay rather than indefinite leave to remain)"

If I remember correctly your wife is assessed under 'new rules'. Means she'll be on a 5 year immigration journey to settlement (ILR)
    She currently has 33 months leave to remain and will need to apply for another 30 months leave to remain shortly before her 30 month anniversary of living here.
    After 60 months in UK she becomes eligible to apply for settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

Just a quick question here,

Is that 30 months of actual living in the UK or 30 months from the date she first arrived? We will be going back to Cebu again for the second time before the next visa is required meaning she would have been out of the country for 5 or 6 weeks. So am i right in thinking that i have to add a month and a half on to the 30 and this is the deadline for the home office to receive FLR from my wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Just a quick question here,

Is that 30 months of actual living in the UK or 30 months from the date she first arrived? We will be going back to Cebu again for the second time before the next visa is required meaning she would have been out of the country for 5 or 6 weeks. So am i right in thinking that i have to add a month and a half on to the 30 and this is the deadline for the home office to receive FLR from my wife?
    Hi Rory,
    That 30 months since landing in UK. Actually application may be made 28 days prior to the anniversary date.
    Just be sure the application is made before visa expiry.
    No need to add time spent outside of UK at all. Makes no difference.

Hi Terpe,

Thank you for clarifying that point for me.

Hi Terpe. I am confused by the part that says "Spouse who has completed 2 years" as unmarried and same sex partners, I didnt think they were called "spouses"

==Unmarried and same-sex partners (and any spouse or civil partner who has completed 2 years’ leave in that
    category but is applying for an extension of stay rather than indefinite leave to remain)==

Can you help me understand this my friend?

Many thanks for all your advise.

John

Hi Terpe. I am confused by the part that says "Spouse who has completed 2 years" as unmarried and same sex partners, I didnt think they were called "spouses"

==Unmarried and same-sex partners (and any spouse or civil partner who has completed 2 years’ leave in that
    category but is applying for an extension of stay rather than indefinite leave to remain)==

Can you help me understand this my friend?

Many thanks for all your advise.

John
    Some spouses may well be eligible for ILR under old rules after 2 years living here. But for whatever reason have opted to apply for another period of FLR(M)
    Usually it's because they didn't manage to pass life in UK test or perhaps didn't pass English Test.

Does that help

Hi Terpe.

Many thanks for that. yes I have looked deeper at the guidance PDF and I can now see that it does indeed refer to those under pre 2012 July 2 year route.

I will still start to have joint accounts because it will need to be done later.

many thanks
    my friend.

Yours gratefully

John

Thread Information