Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Securing a Parental Travel Permit To melovesengland

Hi melovesengland
    Sorry I don't know how to send you a personal message so I just started a new thread
    About Parental travel Permit,I applied in Person together with my husband as he is the main sponsor for my mum and daughter's application.
    For me it is easier and cheaper to apply in person,as applying by post seems to be more expensive as where we are a notary public charge a lot and as far as I know authentication of a document by the FCO costs 30 pounds.
    The Phil.Embassy told me that I don't need an appointment so we went there in our own convenience.
    They advised me to fill up the form Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel and SPA.I have only paid 18 pounds for it.
    They put my husband's details on the father's and my husband signed it in front of the officer there.Regarding witnesses,we just asked Filipinos in the Phil.Embassy.
    I thought you can get it notarized on the day but on mine I got it back the week after so I provided a self addressed Pre paid Special Delivery Envelope.

I then emailed the notarized documents to my mum to bring to DSWD Manila together with my daughter's birth certificate,baptismal certificate,2 colored passport size photographs and school records.And make a note of this, for illegitimate children,eventhough the mother is already married on the time of application the mother should still provide a Cenomar.
    The travelling companion should provide a copy of their passport.
    The application for travel clearance together with the supporting documents shall be filled at any DSWD FIELD OFFICE.
    Oh on the day of the application my mum rang me and said that I have to email the notarized documents to their email address so be prepared to get a call on early hours of the morning from your sister to give you their email address.
    If it is not busy,you will get it on the day.
    Hope this helps.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    Hi melovesengland
    Sorry I don't know how to send you a personal message so I just started a new thread
    About Parental travel Permit,I applied in Person together with my husband as he is the main sponsor for my mum and daughter's application.
    For me it is easier and cheaper to apply in person,as applying by post seems to be more expensive as where we are a notary public charge a lot and as far as I know authentication of a document by the FCO costs 30 pounds.
    The Phil.Embassy told me that I don't need an appointment so we went there in our own convenience.
    They advised me to fill up the form Affidavit of Support and Consent to Travel and SPA.I have only paid 18 pounds for it.
    They put my husband's details on the father's and my husband signed it in front of the officer there.Regarding witnesses,we just asked Filipinos in the Phil.Embassy.
    I thought you can get it notarized on the day but on mine I got it back the week after so I provided a self addressed Pre paid Special Delivery Envelope.

I then emailed the notarized documents to my mum to bring to DSWD Manila together with my daughter's birth certificate,baptismal certificate,2 colored passport size photographs and school records.And make a note of this, for illegitimate children,eventhough the mother is already married on the time of application the mother should still provide a Cenomar.
    The travelling companion should provide a copy of their passport.
    The application for travel clearance together with the supporting documents shall be filled at any DSWD FIELD OFFICE.
    Oh on the day of the application my mum rang me and said that I have to email the notarized documents to their email address so be prepared to get a call on early hours of the morning from your sister to give you their email address.
    If it is not busy,you will get it on the day.
    Hope this helps.
    Jhen! Thank you for this! Will plan very soon on going to London maybe to do this. You are such a big help! If only I coulf give u a rep, I will. this will be good for other ex-singlemothers who are planning for the visit of their kids. Thanks ever so much!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I am just wondering if I still need to visit Philippine Embassy if our solicitor or the firm where our solicitor works can notarize the Affidavit of Support and consent to travel and spa form?

Or even if we get it notarized by our solicitor, we still need to send the form to the embassy for them to have a copy?

Respected Member
    Hi
    Yes,your solicitor can notarized it but as far as I know The FCO or UK Foreign Commonwealth Office have to authenticate that as well.That will costs you another 30 pounds.Then you have to send it to Phil.Embassy for them to legalized it and affix their seal.
    The form must be legalized by the Philippine Embassy.

Thread Information