Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Angry VFS Manila USELESS

My sister and my daughters appointment today at VFS Manila. My sisters appointment was 10:40 and daughters 11:00 and guess what? They were seen at 4:00 in the afternoon!

It made me cry as I am really cross of their system. Why did they made an appointment booking system if they cant follow the said timetable?

I really feel so bad for my sister, daughter and my friend who flew so early in the morning from Davao to Manila and was badly treated like that.

They need to be shaken up!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    My sister and my daughters appointment today at VFS Manila. My sisters appointment was 10:40 and daughters 11:00 and guess what? They were seen at 4:00 in the afternoon!

It made me cry as I am really cross of their system. Why did they made an appointment booking system if they cant follow the said timetable?

I really feel so bad for my sister, daughter and my friend who flew so early in the morning from Davao to Manila and was badly treated like that.

They need to be shaken up!
    Hi dear, I am sorry to hear that, and I agree it is quite disappointing. I just submitted my application 5 days ago and I witnessed it, there were lots of people, and there were only 3-4 agents assisting you, and one agent doing biometrics. When I was there, lots of people were complaining especially the older ones, but since there were also lots coming from VIP, they were the priorities, I guess that's one of the reasons why the queue takes much longer, there were also lots of seamen which are in priority service too, so people in queue tend to wait much longer, plus every applicant's concern can't be finished in just minutes, due to their documents and some (like mine) complicated issue. And also it's peak season, I was seeing lots of families applying for visas too.

Banned
    These people are a shower I would put a complaint in on your folk's behalf to the UKBA and copy it to your MP & Mrs May mayt@parliament.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Hi dear, I am sorry to hear that, and I agree it is quite disappointing. I just submitted my application 5 days ago and I witnessed it, there were lots of people, and there were only 3-4 agents assisting you, and one agent doing biometrics. When I was there, lots of people were complaining especially the older ones, but since there were also lots coming from VIP, they were the priorities, I guess that's one of the reasons why the queue takes much longer, there were also lots of seamen which are in priority service too, so people in queue tend to wait much longer, plus every applicant's concern can't be finished in just minutes, due to their documents and some (like mine) complicated issue. And also it's peak season, I was seeing lots of families applying for visas too.
    Thats it! They take massive amount of money for visa fees and yet they cant afford to employ more staffs. They should have enough staffs in every area so they can accomodate and follow the timetable.

It really made me croos, I have been soooo stressed today because of their shitty system. Why do we need to suffer? Very poor service.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    These people are a shower I would put a complaint in on your folk's behalf to the UKBA and copy it to your MP & Mrs May mayt@parliament.co
    I am going to make a complaint definitely Ded. 6 hours of wait, where is the justice on that? I couldnt believe what they have experienced there. Very poor service.

Thanks for the email, I have been looking for that.

Banned
    I am going to make a complaint definitely Ded. 6 hours of wait, where is the justice on that? I couldnt believe what they have experienced there. Very poor service.

Thanks for the email, I have been looking for that.

Sorry I typed it wrong now altered mayt@parliament.uk

Trusted Member
    Thats it! They take massive amount of money for visa fees and yet they cant afford to employ more staffs. They should have enough staffs in every area so they can accomodate and follow the timetable.

It really made me croos, I have been soooo stressed today because of their shitty system. Why do we need to suffer? Very poor service.
    Absolutely correct.

Being busy is no excuse for not honouring an appointment time.

If this is a recurring problem, hire more staff and organise yourselves better.

The reality is that (in the eyes of those running this system, and their employees) the Philippines is a 'third world' country, from which immigration is not to be encouraged, and they don't actually give a damn about people from such countries being inconvenienced.

Respected Member
    Hi melovesengland
    My mother and daughter experienced the same thing a month ago.As my mum told me on her appointment at 11 am they were hundreds of visa applicants.They finish at 5pm.Her que number was past 970.
    As I have never dealth with vfs manila before I thought they were as efficient and punctual as the thai vfs.I did not book them vip service.
    On that day,my mum told me that even the vip applicants waited for a long time.
    Anyway, i like to tell you one more thing as your family's application is similar to mine...
    As my daughter is also on school break as yours I have applied last month in hoping they will be here before easter and back in P.I. in May.Their application is still under process....!
    I have felt the same thing you are feeling right now.After 3 weeks of waiting to hear from them I am so stressed out and frustrated.
    We never thought that a visit visa would take this long to process.May is near and maybe if we get the visa the school holiday is finish as the British Embassy Manila told us that non settlement visa could take up to 12 weeks when we enquire about their application.
    Now,we don't expect much anymore.All we need is to know if it's been processed .

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Being busy is no excuse for not honouring an appointment time.

If this is a recurring problem, hire more staff and organise yourselves better.

The reality is that (in the eyes of those running this system, and their employees) the Philippines is a 'third world' country, from which immigration is not to be encouraged, and they don't actually give a damn about people from such countries being inconvenienced.
    Exactly, Graham. The amount of money they collected from us is just unbelievable and yet they cant imply and follow their own timetable. What is the use of their appointment system anyway if the service is that poor. Excuses like its peak hours and seasons etc isnt really acceptable, if they knew that they go busy on those times then hire more staffs, no good having 2-3 for 50 or more applicants a day. I just cant believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    Hi melovesengland
    My mother and daughter experienced the same thing a month ago.As my mum told me on her appointment at 11 am they were hundreds of visa applicants.They finish at 5pm.Her que number was past 970.
    As I have never dealth with vfs manila before I thought they were as efficient and punctual as the thai vfs.I did not book them vip service.
    On that day,my mum told me that even the vip applicants waited for a long time.
    Anyway, i like to tell you one more thing as your family's application is similar to mine...
    As my daughter is also on school break as yours I have applied last month in hoping they will be here before easter and back in P.I. in May.Their application is still under process....!
    I have felt the same thing you are feeling right now.After 3 weeks of waiting to hear from them I am so stressed out and frustrated.
    We never thought that a visit visa would take this long to process.May is near and maybe if we get the visa the school holiday is finish as the British Embassy Manila told us that non settlement visa could take up to 12 weeks when we enquire about their application.
    Now,we don't expect much anymore.All we need is to know if it's been processed .
    It does take time I know and I do feel bad for your mum and daughter as well, same experienced they experienced as my sister and daughter. Its no good innit? I am just hoping that you will get your results very soon. Please let us know as well.

Respected Member
    To melovesengland
    Goodluck to your sister and daughter too...
    Hopefully we both hear good news soon.Oh by the way, did you manage to get parental travel permit and affidavit of support from the Phil. Embassy in London for your daughter?

To melovesengland
    Goodluck to your sister and daughter too...
    Hopefully we both hear good news soon.Oh by the way, did you manage to get parental travel permit and affidavit of support from the Phil. Embassy in London for your daughter?
    No, i didnt get any of that jhen. Why? did u manage to get one?

Since this concerns the issuance of a UK visa, the requirements for such should be inquired from the British Embassy in Manila (www.britishembassy.gov.uk/philippines). If the petitioner is required by the British Embassy to submit an affidavit of support, the petitioner should execute one and have it authenticated by the Philippine Embassy. A parental travel permit should also be executed by the petitioner and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy.

I am not going to petition my daughter to come and live here yet. She will just come for a short visit, I think this is for settlement visas in future. I stand to be corrected though.

Respected Member
    Hi melovesengland
    My daughter is also coming for a short break.As my daughter will not be tavelling with me but my mother,I secure a travel clearance first just incase they cannot secure one when they have been issued a visa as I believe DSWD GETS VERY BUSY around April-May.
    I went last Jan. to Phil.Embassy to get my SPA,Affidavit of Support and Parental Travel Consent Form to be notarized then I email it to DSWD Manila.
    As far as I know,because my husband and I is sponsoring my mother and daughter they are required to show our affidavit of support and ofcourse a parental travel permit for my daughter to the Phil.Immigration.
    I have been told by the Phil. Embassy that even for a short visit a child travelling witout their mother need to secure a travel permit from DSWD and affidavit of Support.....,but I do know and sure of is that the Philippine Immigration is the one requiring this not the British Embassy.
    Please correct me If I am wrong.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi melovesengland
    My daughter is also coming for a short break.As my daughter will not be tavelling with me but my mother,I secure a travel clearance first just incase they cannot secure one when they have been issued a visa as I believe DSWD GETS VERY BUSY around April-May.
    I went last Jan. to Phil.Embassy to get my SPA,Affidavit of Support and Parental Travel Consent Form to be notarized then I email it to DSWD Manila.
    As far as I know,because my husband and I is sponsoring my mother and daughter they are required to show our affidavit of support and ofcourse a parental travel permit for my daughter to the Phil.Immigration.
    I have been told by the Phil. Embassy that even for a short visit a child travelling witout their mother need to secure a travel permit from DSWD and affidavit of Support.....,but I do know and sure of is that the Philippine Immigration is the one requiring this not the British Embassy.
    Please correct me If I am wrong.
    This is correct. My mum had to get the travel permit from DSWD when they had a vacation in Hongkong with my then 3 y.o. nephew, since my sister (nephew's mum) didn't go with them.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

ohh god, i didnt have a clue at all. do u think it is very late for me now to secure one? visa application has been submitted the other day. im in trouble, am i?

Respected Member
    I don't think it is too late.You can still get one after they have been issued a visa.I secured one first because I have been told by a friend of mine that around this time of the year DSWD gets really busy.I just save my mum some time and providing it as a supporting documents maybe will make a difference.

I have left you a visitor message on your profile. Will wait for your response jhen.

Thread Information