Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gladz View Post
    I am lucky as my parents have their jobs and same with my siblings so i am not obliged to send money for them for this and that. I can send some for birthday pressies or emergencies but not as monthly or weekly allowance.

I remembered the seminar i had at CFO where the speaker told us to educate our family about money that money isn't grown on trees, and not to spoil our families with luxurious things cos they tend to rely and become parasites,that they don't strive hard or don't look for jobs cos they knew they are receiving monthly allowances . She even told us to save and invest. I totally agree with what she said and my husband kept telling me that uk is not paved with gold. Save and invest for you don't know what the future holds.
    The speaker at your CFO seminar was talking sense
    I wonder how many of the recipients actually take it on board

well correct me if i,m wrong but The parents drum it into their kids that they made sacrifices to bring them into the world and expect them to help them out when they start working.I guess its a culture thing lol as I have never helped my parents out as they never needed help .british kids are far too selfish to be helping parents its a me me me culture .I help my g,f ,s family out sometimes ,but I have pointed out that i,m not rich and us come first ,The question is who will help us if the crunch came ? er nobody .

but I have pointed out that i,m not rich and us come first ,The question is who will help us if the crunch came ?
    Well.... My kids just graduated high school and we told em if they wanna finish College then they better get real and realize that they better bloody support their old man in his old age!!
    Alright!!!
    just kidding..
    But am I though??

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Yes, it's Moy's money to do as she pleases. Like the money her husband's earns is to spend as he also pleases
    I'm sure what they both earn is THEIR money???, just as THEIR marriage is a partnership

I'm sure her husband understands why she wants to\needs to send money, as much ROS would if it was his mother that needed help
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

My wife also sends money to her family every month. There always seems to be a reason to send extra...medical or otherwise particularly as they are all living in and around Tacloban/Basey and hard hit by Yolanda. The last few months have been particularly challenging. We are also struggling with very large phone bills as the family have had no electricity or internet up till now. So you're not alone Moy!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Well.... My kids just graduated high school and we told em if they wanna finish College then they better get real and realize that they better bloody support their old man in his old age!!
    Alright!!!
    just kidding..
    But am I though??

I would like to think when push came to shove, they'd be there in your corner

My first father in law doted on his 3 daughters. .spoilt them rotten even his nagging but loving wife.

His mother died in a mental institution in the early 70s. ..he thought he may go the same way.

What happened. .he got sick, so the family stuck him into a nursing home he died there 2 years later.

I wouldn't hold your breath Fred

I would like to think when push came to shove, they'd be there in your corner

My first father in law doted on his 3 daughters. .spoilt them rotten even his nagging but loving wife.

His mother died in a mental institution in the early 70s. ..he thought he may go the same way.

What happened. .he got sick, so the family stuck him into a nursing home he died there 2 years later.

I wouldn't hold your breath Fred

Naaa...Wont happen over here..Its a cultural thing!!
    Anyway.. I dont believe I`ve ever seen or heard of an old people`s home over here?

Banned
    Anyway.. I dont believe I`ve ever seen or heard of an old people`s home over here?

You're in the safest place then

Banned
    In fact. .reading your reply to LM yesterday about homeownership being better than rental with the fact there's no nursing homes to be abandoned in, I'm convinced the UK is not the place to be in old age

In fact. .reading your reply to LM yesterday about homeownership being better than rental with the fact there's no nursing homes to be abandoned in, im convinced the UK is not the place to be in old age
    You and me both!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I'm sure what they both earn is THEIR money???, just as THEIR marriage is a partnership

I'm sure her husband understands why she wants to\needs to send money, as much ROS would if it was his mother that needed help
    you both are correct..thanks for opinions
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I actually said it as well
    OOPS sorry Mark!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I wonder how many here spent a decade or 2 being married to a white British.

You're correct Joe. .marriage is a partnership...as for money coming into the house, in a white/white relationship, it's normally pooled. Both working for same goals. There's no what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours ......so really folks coming from years of being married to a British could well have a hard time adjusting

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    well correct me if i,m wrong but The parents drum it into their kids that they made sacrifices to bring them into the world and expect them to help them out when they start working.I guess its a culture thing lol as I have never helped my parents out as they never needed help .british kids are far too selfish to be helping parents its a me me me culture .I help my g,f ,s family out sometimes ,but I have pointed out that i,m not rich and us come first ,The question is who will help us if the crunch came ? er nobody .
    When I left school and started work Brian, my parents took two thirds of my wages for board, also I had to do all errands cook meals and clean the house and polish everyones shoe's light the fire early in the morning, do the ironing and loads of other jobs, they said it was a way of me earning my keep!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    OOPS sorry Mark!
    Thanks Michael
    I thought you were sending me to Coventry as well

Banned
    Sounds as if you haven't cottoned on Moy
    Someone is taking the urine

you will soon as me and mark is gonna build one right next door to your plot hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    When I left school and started work Brian, my parents took two thirds of my wages for board, also I had to do all errands cook meals and clean the house and polish everyones shoe's light the fire early in the morning, do the ironing and loads of other jobs, they said it was a way of me earning my keep!
    ah the gool ol days

The creative impulses of man are always at war with the possessive impulses.

I wonder how many here spent a decade or 2 being married to a white British.

You're correct Joe. .marriage is a partnership ...as for money coming into the house, in a white/white relationship, it's normally pooled. Both working for same goals. There's no what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours ......so really folks coming from years of being married to a British could well have a hard time adjusting
    You get very possessive about characters, you feel you can see it in your mind and you want to play it.

Its very hard for many men on here to understand the up bringing you have over in the phils, and it takes time to sink in too,

When my Ems started work and wanting to send so much back home to help the family i had to say stop, we come first so just hold back a little,

How wrong i was , we could afford to send money each week but it was not bread in me to do that,

My way was leaving home at 16 to find your fortune and dont come back too, and if you did well, well thats good,

But now i am married to Ems i do believe her way is the best way, give when you can and have that extra just in case for emergencies , what ever amount you send you hope it goes to the right people and for the right reasons too,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    You get very possessive about characters, you feel you can see it in your mind and you want to play it.
    I've played it Moy.

I've played it Moy.
    I'm very emotional and possessive about all my mens .

Banned
    Sorry Moy. ..in all the excitement, I thought you posted what Michael said

Sorry Moy. ..in all the excitement, I thought you posted what Michael said

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    We have set a limit to what we send each month & will not go over that limit on in emergencies
    That sounds like a great idea set a limit and then don't budge from it

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gladz View Post
    I am lucky as my parents have their jobs and same with my siblings so i am not obliged to send money for them for this and that. I can send some for birthday pressies or emergencies but not as monthly or weekly allowance.

I remembered the seminar i had at CFO where the speaker told us to educate our family about money that money isn't grown on trees, and not to spoil our families with luxurious things cos they tend to rely and become parasites,that they don't strive hard or don't look for jobs cos they knew they are receiving monthly allowances . She even told us to save and invest. I totally agree with what she said and my husband kept telling me that uk is not paved with gold. Save and invest for you don't know what the future holds.
    Sounds to me like that CFO speaker needs to do a tour of the province and spread a bit of education

Leyte and Samar would be a good places to start
    Bicol and Mindanao need it also.....................

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Sounds to me like that CFO speaker needs to do a tour of the province and spread a bit of education

hey you bear in mind that You can rule ignorance; you can manipulate the illiterate; you can do whatever you want when a people are uneducated, so that goes in line with corrupt business and corrupt politics.
    therefore not in any place on earth would solve to any on that..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

Looks like we are singing from the same hymn sheet

Looks like we are singing from the same hymn sheet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information