Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Payment Unsuccessful when making online payment for spouse visa.

Hello!

I am now in the Philippines and I have tried 4 times since yesterday paying for the visa online using my visa debit card but I keep getting "payment unsuccessful" result and was advised to contact my card issuer, so I did. Bank told me I have no problem with my card, the withdrawal limit is more than enough to cover for the fee, the funds are there and I have also checked more than 3 times my information before I proceed to make the payment but still declined. I have used the same card before to pay for my previous UK visa applications so I am wondering what seems to be the problem now. Its really frustrating as I need to book the appointment asap.

What advice can you give aside from using a different card? My husband got a Maestro card which can't be used and I just got this visa debit card. Should I call worldpay or ukvi? If so what number to call?

Thank you very much for all your help!

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    How much is your withdrawal limit for a day?

Sorry to ask.

Banned
    Just an idea...When you are entering the long card number, you must type it without separations

Are you entering just the 3 digits on the reverse on the signature strip?

You havent flagged up any security issues with your bank and the card is getting refused so my guess is you are doing something wrong your end

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    How much is your withdrawal limit for a day?

Sorry to ask.
    hi there,

my daily withdrawal limit is 70,000 pesos. and the visa fee is 1447 usd. i haven't done any withdrawals on this card too.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Just an idea...When you are entering the long card number, you must type it without separations

Are you entering just the 3 digits on the reverse on the signature strip?

You havent flagged up any security issues with your bank and the card is getting refused so my guess is you are doing something wrong your end

hi there,

I am typing the card number without spaces and the last 3 numbers that I put in is the one at back next to signature.

I am not sure I am doing something wrong though as I have this same card to pay for UK visas a few months ago and those payments went through.

thanks for the reply guys. though I still am puzzled why this payment won't go through.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tinzky19 View Post
    thanks for the reply guys. though I still am puzzled why this payment won't go through.
    Could you just ask you boyfriend to pay it for you? Because looks like you have knowledge on paying it online so there must be a problem in Visa4UK end with your card.

Honeslty, it is really hard to contact the people behind that website

E-mail: UKBAIG.ServiceIntegration@fco.gsi.gov.uk

or:

go to this link:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Hi everyone,

Just an update. I contacted bank again and was finally told that my visa debit card wasn't good for online transactions as it was affected by system migration and unable to issue me another card. I withdrew all the money and went to another bank and opened up another account with mastercard debit card.

So I got my new card and had the transaction limit increased to cover for the visa fee ( which had just increased). Tried paying since yesterday but then what I got was " There was a problem trying to connect to World Pay".

My husband contacted worldpay (before connection problem with worldpay occured) and was advised to call the british embassy or the application center which I will then do when they open today.

I just don't know what to do now. I have changed cards. My husband has only got a Maestro and I am afraid there are no other cards I can use. This didn't happen when it was still the old website and process. Now its all new and just screw things up.

Thank you for any advice.

Thread Information