Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Babygirljen's Avatar

getting my mom to attend my wedding

Hi I'm just wondering if it would be possible for my mum to attend my wedding next year and come here for even just two weeks. My fiance and I are planning to sponsor her with flights and accomodation. We are both full time employed and it's gona be our names to appear as sponsors. Some says, my mum have to prove that she's not coming here for any purposes other than visitor which is quite understandable. So, to support that she can say that she have assets in Philippines, she is looking after my niece as her parents work full time, she's too old to work again (she just retired, she's 62 now), she cannot tolerate cold weather (that's why we plan to have our wedding during summertime). Her main purpose really is to attend the wedding, she didn't really want to come coz she's scared of travelling by herself so I really had to convince her as it is going to be the first wedding in the family plus I'm the only girl and the youngest in the family, it's not something to be missed! ; With financial requirements, she got credit card with good rating, she got 3 different pensions every month, is it alright to show maybe £1500 on her account as spending money for two weeks? I know she won't be able to spend all of it in two weeks but just for security.
    The reason why we're having our wedding here is that my fiance's parents couldn't travel to Philippines due to health reasons plus my fiance got a 3 year old son. we thought, it would just be convenient for everyone.

guys, do you think there will be a good chance of my mom attending my wedding? i so wish she'd be there...

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    It is possible. You can also include wedding invitation addressed to your mum as additional documents along with your financial docs if you are shouldering her stay here, i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, etc. But make sure that you give importance in proving your mum will go back to the Philippines and won't overstay. Show documents of properties, assets, business, etc. if she has, as much as possible.

My uncle was able to secure a visa when we invited him to our wedding since my parents can't go themselves. Although he didn't get to go here in the end because of family emergency that time.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Newbie (Restricted Access) Babygirljen's Avatar
    thank you for the reply. are they going to interview my mum to prove that she's not going to overstay or is it done thru letter to ECO in addition to documents provided? thank you

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygirljen View Post
    thank you for the reply. are they going to interview my mum to prove that she's not going to overstay or is it done thru letter to ECO in addition to documents provided? thank you
    No interview. They will all based their decision on the documents submitted, so provide as much as possible that can prove your mum has reasons to come back to Philippines.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information