Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Spouse Visa Granted but TB test certificate expired

Hi everyone! Im new here!

I applied for spouse visa and has just been granted today but the problem is my TB test Certificate is expired. Can I still travel to the UK with my expired certificate? I don't want to take another Xray as the result took ages (10 weeks). Do I need a valid TB certificate on my arrival to UK airport or expired cert. will do?

Any advice Id get is appreciated, thank you!

My wife's TB certificate ran out the day after she arrived in the UK. We hadn't noticed. I asked Immigration what would have happened if it had run out. I was told my wife would just have to see a doctor in the airport. And would have been allowed to stay. But if i was you i would Email the embassy to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by charlie888 View Post
    Hi everyone! Im new here!

I applied for spouse visa and has just been granted today but the problem is my TB test Certificate is expired. Can I still travel to the UK with my expired certificate? I don't want to take another Xray as the result took ages (10 weeks). Do I need a valid TB certificate on my arrival to UK airport or expired cert. will do?

Any advice Id get is appreciated, thank you!

Congrat on your visa, what date did you submit your visa application at VFS GLOBAL, and did you submit at MANILA or CEBU. The TB test certificate only needs to be valid when you submit your visa application. You can arrive with an expired TB CERTIFICATE. They're not going to refuse you entry. And it's also commonsense, if the embassy didn't want you to enter the UK with an expired TB certificate, then they would have not issued you with a visa until you retook your TB test.

Quote Originally Posted by grahame 1 View Post
    My wife's TB certificate run out the day after she arrived in the UK. We hadn't noticed , I asked imigration what would have happened if it had run out. I was told my wife would just have to see a doctor in the airport. And would have been allowed to stay. But if i was you i would Email the embassy to be safe

Hi grahame! Can I ask the email address of the embassy? Do you think I'll be ok if I notify them?

Respected Member blessed_ekim0826's Avatar
    Congrats for ur visa. When did u apply?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_steve View Post
    Congrats for ur visa. When did u apply?

Thank you! I applied on January 20th

Hi everyone! Im new here!.....
    Hi charlie, welcome aboard Filipino UK

There are a number of reasons why your TB certificate might expire before you travel to UK for entry.
    To be honest I have no personal experience from anyone who has been in this position.

Furthermore, neither the UKVI website not the UK immigration rules provide proper clarity or guidance on whether or not your certificate still needs to be valid upon UK entry.
    The guidance recommends that you take the Certificate with you. It doesn't specifically state that the Certificate still has to be valid at the time of entry

There is also no specific requirement mentioned in the UK Immigration Rules regarding certificate validity, other than it must be valid when you submit your visa application.

For what it's worth I can give my personal opinion which is to carry a valid certificate with you at UK entry.
    I base this on previous experience of folks who have been requested to renew the certificate when it expired during visa application review.

If you have time I would definitely follow this up with UKVI in writing.
    Don't rely on verbal advice.......also don't rely on the advice of VFS.

Sorry I can't give anything more solid just now.

As has been said I would have expected the Immigration Officer at arrival to make arrangements for an x-ray at the airport (if that specific airport has facility)
    I don't think I'd want to take that risk though

If you decide to follow up with UKVI please let us know the response. It's surely a help for others.

Quote Originally Posted by phil148 View Post
    Congrat on your visa, what date did you submit your visa application at VFS GLOBAL, and did you submit at MANILA or CEBU. The TB test certificate only needs to be valid when you submit your visa application. You can arrive with an expired TB CERTIFICATE. They're not going to refuse you entry. And it's also commonsense, if the embassy didn't want you to enter the UK with an expired TB certificate, then they would have not issued you with a visa until you retook your TB test.
    Hello! I submitted my application at VFS Manila.. Thank you, I just wish the immigration wouldn't question my expired certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi charlie, welcome aboard Filipino UK

There are a number of reasons why your TB certificate might expire before you travel to UK for entry.
    To be honest I have no personal experience from anyone who has been in this position.

Furthermore, neither the UKVI website not the UK immigration rules provide proper clarity or guidance on whether or not your certificate still needs to be valid upon UK entry.
    The guidance recommends that you take the Certificate with you. It doesn't specifically state that the Certificate still has to be valid at the time of entry

There is also no specific requirement mentioned in the UK Immigration Rules regarding certificate validity, other than it must be valid when you submit your visa application.

For what it's worth I can give my personal opinion which is to carry a valid certificate with you at UK entry.
    I base this on previous experience of folks who have been requested to renew the certificate when it expired during visa application review.

If you have time I would definitely follow this up with UKVI in writing.
    Don't rely on verbal advice.......also don't rely on the advice of VFS.

Sorry I can't give anything more solid just now.

As has been said I would have expected the Immigration Officer at arrival to make arrangements for an x-ray at the airport (if that specific airport has facility)
    I don't think I'd want to take that risk though

If you decide to follow up with UKVI please let us know the response. It's surely a help for others.
    Hi Terpe, I haven't decided anything. Shall I email UKVI and explain my side? I just phoned the clinic and they said I have to take another Xray but I dont want to wait another 10 weeks for the result. I dont know what to do

Hi Terpe, I haven't decided anything. Shall I email UKVI and explain my side? I just phoned the clinic and they said I have to take another Xray but I dont want to wait another 10 weeks for the result. I dont know what to do
    If the clinic Doctor doesn't suspect TB following the consultation and X-Ray, you should normally expect to be issued with a TB certificate either the same day or the following day.

There must be a reason why you waited 10 weeks.
    Perhaps the X-ray revealed an abnormality and the sputum test was needed, did you undertake one?
    If you did it does take quite some time for the samples to be cultured with final diagnosis taking up to a couple of months.
    Whether or not this would happen again will depend upon the results of your X-Ray.

I think your best strategy is to contact UKVI for clarity on the regulations for validity of test certificate upon UK entry.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Hi! Welcome here!

I took my TB screening last feb and after 20 minutes, I got my certificate (for normal results) just book your appointment and if you want to get the certificate the same day, make sure you'll have your test not later than 12nn.

Here are the numbers in case you want to get another certificate, better be safe.

(0917) 593 4688
    (0917) 993 4667

Hi Charlie, That's the email address i got of their website ukinthephilippines@fco.gov.uk . you could try that

Thank you terpe and grahame!

Hi Charlie888. I have nice news for you to save you money. I work at london heathrow airport, the main international airport for the UNITED KINGDOM. I have asked one of the immigration officer at TERMINAL 4 where philippine airlines lands, and she told me, anyone with a spouse visa needs to bring with them a valid or expired TB certificate when they arrive at any UK airport. But she told me if it's your first time in england and you bring with you an expired TB certificate, then you will be sent to the doctor at the airport before they give you entry. She said the doctor will give you a check-up, but it would take a few hours to complete.
    So you have two option. (1) Take another TB test before you leave PHILIPPINES and when you arrive in england they will allow you quick entry or (2) Arrive with an expired TB cert and wait a few hours at the airport while the doctor gives you a free check-up.
    My wife from ROXAS CITY CAPIZ will be having another TB test in MANILA before she arrives in ENGLAND, because her TB certificate is expired. She has a long flight and she doesn't want to wait at the airport, so her option was (1).

Good work Phil148

I'm still waiting for a response from UKVI

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phil148 View Post
    Hi Charlie888. I have nice news for you to save you money. I work at london heathrow airport, the main international airport for the UNITED KINGDOM. I have asked one of the immigration officer at TERMINAL 4 where philippine airlines lands, and she told me, anyone with a spouse visa needs to bring with them a valid or expired TB certificate when they arrive at any UK airport. But she told me if it's your first time in england and you bring with you an expired TB certificate, then you will be sent to the doctor at the airport before they give you entry. She said the doctor will give you a check-up, but it would take a few hours to complete.
    So you have two option. (1) Take another TB test before you leave PHILIPPINES and when you arrive in england they will allow you quick entry or (2) Arrive with an expired TB cert and wait a few hours at the airport while the doctor gives you a free check-up.
    My wife from ROXAS CITY CAPIZ will be having another TB test in MANILA before she arrives in ENGLAND, because her TB certificate is expired. She has a long flight and she doesn't want to wait at the airport, so her option was (1).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Go to the link below and read the UK Immigration rules. Read page 13.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...t_1_MASTER.pdf

Hello.. I need some help. I just got back from the UK after getting married last 0ctober 25, 2014. I stayed there for 6 months.. now my visa has expired and I went back to the Philippines. I'm now going to apply for a spouse visa. Do I need to take another TB test even if I just got back from the UK last Feb 2, 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Aikajamie View Post
    Hello.. I need some help. I just got back from the UK after getting married last 0ctober 25, 2014. I stayed there for 6 months.. now my visa has expired and I went back to the Philippines. I'm now going to apply for a spouse visa. Do I need to take another TB test even if I just got back from the UK last Feb 2, 2015?
    Would I be correct in assuming that you went to UK under a Marriage Visit Visa and not under a settlement Fiance Visa ?
    Anyone visiting the UK for less than 6 months under a visit visa does not need a TB certificate.

When making an application for a spouse visa from Philippines you must submit a current and valid TB certificate as a Mandatory part of the application. Additionally, I'd strongly suggest you make very sure that the TB certificate does not expire during the application review process. UKBI can be very strict.
    The TB certificate has a validity of 6 months.

When does your TB certificate expire ?
    May I kindly ask why you did not apply for a settlement Fiancee visa ?

Thread Information